SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2010, 13:41   #1
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

PM 9 with slide release issues

When I load a mag into my pm9 and then pull the slide back to chamber a round the slide release is so hard I have to use both thumbs to make it engage. I was trying to mess with it to try to figure out what the problem is (with snap cap rounds to be on the safe side). I found that if I push up on the bottom of the mag the slide shoots forward even with my thumb off the slide release. Does this make sense to anyone. Im starting to think that a trip back to it's motherland might be in order.
PS. the gun has 250 trouble free rounds through her so far.
Old 01-31-2010, 13:43   #2
packinaglock

I forgot to add that I tried 3 different mags and all acted the same.
Old 01-31-2010, 14:04   #3
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

comment removed - I had no problems like the OP - I misread his post.

Last edited by DustyJacket; 02-01-2010 at 23:18..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 16:14   #4
jsm190

If you load a mag and then pull the slide back to load a round as you say then you should not have to touch the slide release at all, just let go of the slide. The slide release should only need pressed if you already have the slide locked open (from previous last round etc.) then insert a new mag.
Old 01-31-2010, 17:18   #5
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

For about the first 1,000 rounds my PM9 was the same. I have a newer model, serial IB----

It loosened up a bit after that. While breaking it in - I ended up pulling the slide back just slightly with one hand while pressing on the slide release with the other - that helped quite a bit.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 19:39   #6
packinaglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
According to the manual, you are supposed to lock the slide back, then release it with the slide stop/release.

I had a similar issue when mine was new. But only with the first round in the mag. Never have had any feeding/firing issues. But not very hard - never needed 2 thumbs or anything.
I was trying to load it 6+1 for carry, I tried just inserting the mag with the slide locked, then hitting the slide release and it worked fine. I guess I just needed to pull my head out of my *** and read the manual.
Old 02-01-2010, 22:26   #7
the perfesser

For 6+1 or 7+1 carry: To avoid having to reposition the second round in the mag (it has moved forward when round one is chambered) and then load another round into the mag again, this is how I do it. I load one round in mag (A), six/seven in mag (B). I insert mag (A) and load from slide lock. Then I drop mag (A) and insert mag (B). I'm now ready to go in +1 mode.
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote