Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2010, 17:58   #1
98_1LE

New to me MkII 22/45, mods installed, range report, pics

Years ago I shot my buddies MkII 22/45 and loved it. I watched for one at gun shows for a while before buying a MkIII. I like the MkIII, but it just doesn't feel as good as the fatter grip model in the hand. I get to shoot it about once a year, and enjoy it every time.

I have intermittently looked for one ever since, bidding on a few on gunbroker but they always went for more than I was willing to bid, and always keeping an eye open for them at the half dozen or so gun shows I make a year.

Last week I bid $313 on a very nice blued gun, and was outbid. $300 was my pain threshold, as shipping and FFL fees were going to push that up another $45.

Later that night I did some work that spilled over until the morning. I decided to check gunbroker before going to sleep, and a stainless 22/45 had been listed with a $250 BIN. Seller says like new, and the pic is good. I bought it.

It arrived at my FFL Wednesday, and I picked it up Thursday. Friday I put 100 rounds through it to function check it, and it gobbled it up. Trigger was a little gritty and had a mile of takeup, but the parts had already been ordered to fix that.

Yesterday I installed the VQ Accurizer kit & titanium disconnector, along with the Clark sear pin and hammer bushing. Trigger pull is lighter than stock, has almost no takeup, and the total trigger stroke it very short. It is a little heavier than my other 22/45 which has just the VQ accurizer kit. A few rounds at the range will loosen it up.

Total investment into the pistol including shipping, FFL transfer fee, and mods is $440. When the Ruger extractor wears out/breaks that will go up another $10 to install a VQ part. That makes it the best shooting <$500 gun I have ever shot.

Today we got to the range, and she gobbled up 300 rounds of Remington Golden bullet 525 pack cheapie ammo, and 100 rounds of Wolf Match Target. Towards the end with the Remington there were one stovepipe and one failure to feed, but the pistol was getting hot and dirty so I will cut it some slack.

As expected the trigger loosened up, and is awesome. Shorter than my MkIII which has the VQ kit and MkII bushing, but not the Clark kit or the Ti disconnector. The reset is so short, at first I wasn't sure it was resetting (but it was).

On the 50-round target, I was just blasting away. The two 10-rd targets were shot 5 shots at a time, with a short break in between, being extra careful to shoot well.

Rimfire Forum
Rimfire Forum
Rimfire Forum

FWIW I have never shot my MkIII Hunter 22/45 this well.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 19:13   #2
Brucev

Excellent! It is always a joy to have a gun that fully meets or even exceeds expectations. Thanks for the range report and pictures. Sincerely. Brucev.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 19:34   #3
CMG

Nice!

The 22-45 is a favorite of mine.
Old 01-31-2010, 20:47   #4
sarge

I've got one just like it and love it. Mine is box stock but I may have to look into some of the upgrades.
Big Dawg #241
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote