SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-14-2010, 13:17   #41
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevR View Post
I wonder why, in today's world, we still need a Black History Month. Considering we are trying to get everyone to consider everyone else equal and remind us that we are all Americans, it seems to me that we're creating a dividing line with a month specifically designated to remember and honor black Americans. It's all American history not specifically black history, so I don't get it. IMO, it separates instead of uniting so I don't get it. I think if anyone was going to do anything about getting rid of it, little O would be a rational choice and something I could actually get behind him on, but I doubt that will ever happen.

This is a touchy subject, so please keep it civil.
The Left needs an endless supply of victims with a sense of grievance.

DonGlock26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:34   #42
TacticalBling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyter2 View Post
Because it is the intent of our ruling class that all races be equal in America. Blacks and other minorities should be more equal than everyone else. White guilt is the short answer.

FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD!!
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 22:33   #43
CodyBoy

Kind of like having the UNCF and NAACP

Maybe there needs to be UWCF and NAAWP

Its all a bunch of crock.

Oh and what about the black caucus?

Why ?

If any white came up with something equivalent for whites there would be an outcry on all the liberal run media outlets.

Makes no sense to me.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:29   #44
RichardB
Silver Membership

This post has been dwelling on old stuff, Black History Month, maybe its time to propose a "Poor White Trash" month to honor those folks whose most apparent accomplishments to outsiders are having large numbers of children. The rest of us need to know about their clever inventions and systems that allowed them to survive.

Can we find a few congressmen who will publicly identify their antecedents as PWT and propose legislation to recognize and study this under appreciated minority?

Since the focus group meetings, congressional hearings, and studies needed to support the need for this month or maybe even a new national holiday will take years, I despair that I will not be around when the legislation is finally signed by the president.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 15:41   #45
bustedknee
Curmudgeon

I retired from the Federal Government a little over two years ago.

The last "Diversity" training I had was for supervisors. The training concept was to present the "facts" (or more correctly, the information they wanted us to have) then let us come to the proper conclusions.

In Alaska, where we were located, only 7% of the agency workforce was black. Since they needed 26%, the remainder of their "quota" was filled mostly with Native Alaskans. Management claims there is no quota, as such, but you better believe there is an acceptable/unacceptable precentage!

The class was almost 50% white and almost 50% black. There were a couple Alaska Natives. Interesting, huh?

The main activity of the class was to break into groups and discuss the topics thrown out by the instructor. We were to see the error of our ways and come to the proper conclusions after hearing of the experiences from "diverse" participants in each group. The topics concerned discrimination.

Needless to say this training concept did not work very well.

Being the outspoken guy I am, I finally asked the instructor to please just tell me what I was supposed to know!!!!

She blew her cool, threw up her hands, and said, "When you receive a list of candidates for a job you must select the diverse candidate!"

The white supervisors, as a group, felt we should select the very best qualified candidate regardless of race, sex, religion, etc.

"No," the instructor argued, "All the candidates on the list were put there because they were qualified, PICK THE DIVERSE CANDIDATE!"

At this point, the black students (supervisory as well as nonsupervisory) explained to us that we (Whitey) owe them for past trangressions and we must now swing the balance in their favor by giving them management jobs whenever a job opened and a diverse candidate applied.

All I ever wanted to do was a good job and to fill my crew with good workers.
With this kind of thinking as well as other similar stupid concepts, I decided I could not retire soon enough.

Maybe this explains a lot....like why the government workforce is so screwed up, why they waste so much money, why we have a BHM, why we can have a NAACP but not a NAAWP, and how that guy got into the white house (as the most powerful leader on earth) without any leadership experience.

This is not a rant. I have washed my hands of it as much as possible.
I advise you to pay cash, don't trust the banks or the government, can some deermeat and green beans, and load up some extra ammo.

Last edited by bustedknee; 12-05-2010 at 15:57..
bustedknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 16:06   #46
ancient_serpent

My feelings:
I don't owe anyone a G.#. thing.
If you want something in this world you earn it. No one is "more equal" than another. If you're going to have a special month/caucus/college scholarship/tv channel/employment benefits/association for one "race" then you'd better by God have one for the rest of them or YOU are a racist.

Last edited by ancient_serpent; 12-05-2010 at 16:08..
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:27   #47
chickenwing

I don't care what private organization do. But when the government picks and chooses what race they feel need a month or day is ridiculous. All are equal under law. No favorites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31   #48
hagar

Because they could not make it "accomplishment month". Kind of like the shortest book. They did pick the shortest month, smart move..
Old 12-10-2010, 11:02   #49
Brucev

BH month? When might that be? Never taken note of it. As irrelevant as mexican independence day.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 22:16   #50
Mushinto
Master Member

You guys DO know that this thread has been banished to the Furrball Forum.

Quote:
... I decided instead to open this romper room, where all the boys and girls that cannot work and play well with others can hang out and argue about Walmart's fascist plans for the USA. I joke, but I am tired of tripping over the same old arguments and cleaning up the same messes every single day. Some of you are turning the running of this place into a freaking chore.

So, now we have a place to banish all the threads about things that consistently disrupt the site and cause trouble, but people seem to really want to talk about. I know that there will be people that are not happy about this situation, but most of those will be the ones starting the trouble in the first place. Go figure. ...

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 23:24   #51
Blast
'nuff said

The Furball ForumThe Furball ForumThe Furball Forum
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33   #52
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

My greatest pet peave is revisionist history. Essentially, taking the evidence, and throwing it away to create a lie to push a political agenda. Such a text is called "Black Athena" which postulates that all Western Culture was stolen from Africa. Aditional problems I have with teaching history in a public setting regarding black history, which always leads to the issue of slavery, is that inconvenient truths are left out. For instance, the trade triangle of slaves and rum leaves out the fact that African tribes would conquer an capture other African tribes and sell them to the Dutch traders. All deptictions of slavery somehow like to leave that little aspect out, solely focusing on the actions of the white Westerners and not the complicity in this by other Africans.

Thus, the whole political agenda of attempting to lie or obsfuscate about the historical record is dangerous and not ignorant, since it is done with full intent-stupid.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 20:49   #53
CBH

And keep in mind...this is just a very small sample.
www.blacknews.com
Miss Black America
Miss Black (U.S. State)
Black Coaches Association
blackcomedians.com
Black Lawyers Association
NAACP
The African American Museum
www.blackgolfclubs.com
www.blackskiclubs.com
www.blackmotorcycleclubs.net
www.blackwriters.org
ASSOCIATION OF BLACK PSYCHOLOGISTS
ASSOCIATION OF BLACK SOCIOLOGISTS
CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS FOUNDATION
ASSOC. OF BLACK PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
NATIONAL ASSOC. OF BLACK WOMEN ATTORNEYS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK ACCOUNTANTS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK ENGINEERS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK JOURNALISTS
NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL BLACK REPUBLICAN COUNCIL
BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine
Black Entertainment Television
Black Contractors Association
The Congressional Black Caucus
www.blackactors.net
CBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 23:00   #54
Mushinto
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBH View Post
And keep in mind...this is just a very small sample.
www.blacknews.com
Miss Black America
Miss Black (U.S. State)
blackcomedians.com
Black Lawyers Association
NAACP
The African American Museum
www.blackgolfclubs.com
www.blackskiclubs.com
www.blackmotorcycleclubs.net
www.blackwriters.org
ASSOCIATION OF BLACK PSYCHOLOGISTS
ASSOCIATION OF BLACK SOCIOLOGISTS
CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS FOUNDATION
ASSOC. OF BLACK PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
NATIONAL ASSOC. OF BLACK WOMEN ATTORNEYS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK ACCOUNTANTS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK ENGINEERS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK JOURNALISTS
NATIONAL BLACK NURSES ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL BLACK REPUBLICAN COUNCIL
BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine
Black Entertainment Television
Black Contractors Association
The Congressional Black Caucus
www.blackactors.net
Don't forget Beef and Black Bean Sause.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 15:37   #55
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

and Blackened Shrimp

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33   #56
vikingsoftpaw

At one point I was dead set against that sort of stuff. My opinion changed somewhat after taking a couple of obligatory African American studies in college. I was exposed to a lot of material that properly belonged in an American History text. In my days high school texts would contain references to slavery and MLK Jr. in regarding blacks. For a long time history was 'Whitewashed'.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 22:02   #57
callihan_44
INFIDEL

i dont have a problem with black history month, what im sick of is people like jesse jackson- al sharpton droppn the race card everytime the wind changes directions
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 22:26   #58
JK-linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevR View Post
I wonder why, in today's world, we still need a Black History Month. Considering we are trying to get everyone to consider everyone else equal and remind us that we are all Americans, it seems to me that we're creating a dividing line with a month specifically designated to remember and honor black Americans. It's all American history not specifically black history, so I don't get it. IMO, it separates instead of uniting so I don't get it. I think if anyone was going to do anything about getting rid of it, little O would be a rational choice and something I could actually get behind him on, but I doubt that will ever happen.

This is a touchy subject, so please keep it civil.
My wife (who is an engineer) wonders the same thing in regards to women being considered a minority in some cases. According to her, she has the same rights under the Bill of Rights as me and it's demeaning to separate her out because of gender. She feels it does a real number in delegitimizing things she accomplishes because there is a tinge of perceived protection, favoritism or entitlement that distracts from her actual achievements sometimes. Basically, she feels as long as women are given specialized status or treatment, you wind up with the "separate but equal being inherently unequal" thing. She also feels you can't effectively legislate an icehole into hiring or liking someone they don't want to hire, like, promote, etc... I see her point and feel the same way about most of what are considered protected divisions of people.
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 16:17   #59
Donzi Gt250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post

Bingo !!!!!
Donzi Gt250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32   #60
RichardB
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post

Black history month also addresses those who only think of African blood people as lazy, welfare loving, fornicators to remind those other Americans about black's achievements throughout American history and society.

It may well be overkill, but guys we celebrate, for example, Christmas and Independence Day every year even though most of us pretty much know the story.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote