Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:38   #1
1canvas

wrong 870 extension tube?

a while back i ordered a magazine extension tube for my 870 and never put it on. a couple of weeks ago i put it on and it extends about an inch beyond my 20'' barrel. is this a problem? it looks kinda weird sticking out there forward of the barrel. i thought of trading it for a shorter one but the idea of having those extra rounds ready to go is comforting. the down side it really adds weight to the gun.
1canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 13:19   #2
aippi

what brand is it. FYI - the Remington three shot tube extension does extend 1/2 inch past the barrel. this is not an issue to be concerned with. LEO's have been using them for many years set up the exact same way.

You are stating "about an inch" so I am unsure which tube you bought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 17:29   #3
1canvas

its probably 1/2'', its not much. i can't remember what brand but its well made. the gun handles so much better with out it so that got me thinking of a +1 or +2.
Old 02-03-2010, 17:40   #4
WellArmedSheep
NRA Member

If your barrel is threaded for chokes you can improve the aesthetics by installing an extended/knurled choke tube (Briley makes them).

Jack of all trades, master of none.
WellArmedSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 22:53   #5
1canvas

no threads. i'll just keep it for really bad times. i will probably buy a plus 1 or 2 for handling purposes for now. stock it only holds 4 in the tube with the chamber empty, i need 1 or 2 more to be comfortable. i also thought of one of those side saddles to keep the weight back for quick handling.
Old 02-03-2010, 22:56   #6
GlockPride
Glock 23

No problem at all. The shot is nowhere near expanding by that point. I like the look of the extension being longer than the barrel. I seems like I remember seeing a lot of 3 gun shotguns set-up this way???
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 23:16   #7
aippi

The 870P has been coming with a 20" barrel and that same 3 shot tube for decades and has not been an issue. I you will simple leave it set up like you have it and spend some trigger time with it, I think you adjust and decide to leave the weapon set up that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote