GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2010, 15:06   #1
tbird911

You Ameriglo & Warrent guys chime in . . . especially ProGlo owners . . .

Hi All,

I have a G21 with Warren Tactical rear and fiber optic front sight on my G21. I love the sights and they seem laserbeam accurate. I have a Glock 26 that is my EDC gun and I like the idea of adding some Warren tactical sights to it as well. I like the practice of having the same sight picture on both guns, but I'm thinking maybe I want to go with the Warren "tactical" tritium front sight for my baby glock being as it is a dedicated carry/defense gun. I'm wondering how easy the Warren tritium sight (with white ring) is to pick up in daylight/lowlight. I also wonder how well the white paint on the ring holds up. Any of you guys that have a G26 and Warren tactical sights confirm the proper height front for shooting poa/poi- I believe they suggest .215 high on the front sight. I know the .215 works great for the G21, didnt know it that was pretty much spot on for the 9mm G26.

I have also been looking at the Ameriglo Pro operators with the orange ProGlo option (orange luminova paint that encircles the Tritium.) This seems like it gives me the low light/daylight visibility and the tritium when it's too dark. Same questions come up-- how durable is the orange luminova paint and the Ameriglo pro operators in general. Also . . . the Ameriglos dont have a set screw for the rear sight and I just wondered if anyone had input on the sights being as "robust" in this mounting method versus rear sights with a set screw? The ProGlos are out of stock for 2-3 weeks-- anyone have good luck with standard tritiums and hiviz paint or something to add the quick acquisition?

My concerns about the paint and rear set screw? I have issues with both in the past

Looking for input from the pro's !

Last edited by tbird911; 02-08-2010 at 15:44..
tbird911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 17:27   #2
BillR

My gaming slide carries the Warren comp rear (plain black) and a FO front. When I decided I liked that sight picture, I tried a few diffent set-ups before going with the Ameriglo Pro Operators. The sight picture is just as quick to aquire in the daylight with the white outline on the front bead and none on the rear, and also deadly in low-light with 3 nicely visible dots.
The Ameriglo rear doesn't have a set screw, but it fits really tight. I also added a drop of threadlocker on the sides for good measure, but I'm sure they wouldn't have moved anyway.
Old 02-08-2010, 17:41   #3
FlyfishermanMike

I have a Proglo front sight on the way. I'll post pics when I get it, hopefully tomorrow. For the rears I went Pro Operators in Yellow. I'm hoping this will be a killer setup. I've been playing around with getting this combo for awhile and finally just went for it. I didn't buy the Proglo through Ameriglo because I didn't want to wait. There were two other places that had them in stock. I bought it from Ghost. From what I hear Ameriglo's rear fit is pretty tight and that they won't be going anywhere.

^^ike
FlyfishermanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 18:26   #4
tbird911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyfishermanMike View Post
I have a Proglo front sight on the way. I'll post pics when I get it, hopefully tomorrow. For the rears I went Pro Operators in Yellow. I'm hoping this will be a killer setup. I've been playing around with getting this combo for awhile and finally just went for it. I didn't buy the Proglo through Ameriglo because I didn't want to wait. There were two other places that had them in stock. I bought it from Ghost. From what I hear Ameriglo's rear fit is pretty tight and that they won't be going anywhere.

^^ike
Sorry . . . not familiar with Ghost? Same price as Ameriglo?
Old 02-08-2010, 18:52   #5
FlyfishermanMike

Sorry, Ghost Inc. as in Ghost triggers.

Ghost Inc. Proglo Orange/Green

The other place that had them was here:

www.southernpoliceequipment.com ProGlo Orange/Green

I've never ordered anything from them but their shipping was like $2 more. So I went with Ghost Inc. Same price as Ameriglo but without the now, 20% off coupon. Just checked my tracking status and it will be here tomorrow.

^^ike
Old 02-08-2010, 19:09   #6
tbird911

ok thanks . . .

Make sure and take some good pics . . . reall curious about how they look . . .

Quote:
Sorry, Ghost Inc. as in Ghost triggers.

Ghost Inc. Proglo Orange/Green

The other place that had them was here:

www.southernpoliceequipment.com ProGlo Orange/Green

I've never ordered anything from them but their shipping was like $2 more. So I went with Ghost Inc. Same price as Ameriglo but without the now, 20% off coupon. Just checked my tracking status and it will be here tomorrow.

^^ike
Old 02-08-2010, 19:42   #7
FlyfishermanMike

I actually got the front ProGlo sight from Ghost Inc. tonight. Just looking at it alone I'm pretty impressed and happy I went this route. The orange really makes it stand out and the green is sharp and bright. I'm in class right now so I won't be able to take pics until tomorrow probably. When looking for info about the ProGlo and this combo specifically I didn't find a lot of info or pictures so I'll do my best to put up a good spread and write up!

^^ike
Old 02-08-2010, 20:09   #8
tbird911

thanks

Great! It seems that everyone is out and Ameriglo says about 3 weeks until more come in. I guess I now have some time to kill . . . cant wait to see yours.

Tbird

Quote:
I actually got the front ProGlo sight from Ghost Inc. tonight. Just looking at it alone I'm pretty impressed and happy I went this route. The orange really makes it stand out and the green is sharp and bright. I'm in class right now so I won't be able to take pics until tomorrow probably. When looking for info about the ProGlo and this combo specifically I didn't find a lot of info or pictures so I'll do my best to put up a good spread and write up!

^^ike
Old 02-09-2010, 18:32   #9
FlyfishermanMike

I'm going to start a new thread so I don't completely hijack yours and your other questions can continued to be answered. I'll post a link here.

Ameriglo Pro Operator Rear + ProGlo Front

Last edited by FlyfishermanMike; 02-09-2010 at 19:53.. Reason: Added link