Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2010, 22:11   #1
mixflip

Guy selling a Mossberg 590A1 w/bayonet lug for $300

Its a face to face sale. I figured it was a decent deal since gunbroker is selling them for $430, plus I'd have to pay $25 background and sales tax if I bought it from a shop.

Do you guys think its a fair deal? I was gonna get a Remington 870 but I only have $300 at the moment plus I already own a Mossberg 930 SPX so a 590 would be a nice Mossberg addition.

Last edited by mixflip; 02-09-2010 at 22:20..
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 22:31   #2
gnepig
Remember

Quote:
"I already own a Mossberg 930 SPX so a 590 would be a nice Mossberg addition."

Why yes it would... Now, where did you say this gun is located?
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 22:46   #3
B Coyote

Is it stolen?

That price is pretty good....

bc
B Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07   #4
mixflip

I found it on backpage.com and the guy didnt even know it was a 590A1 when I talked to him. The picture he posted clearly showed a bayonet lug but he said he didnt even know what a bayonet lug looked like. He also called the heat shield it had on it...a vent rib?

I am picking it up at his job which is right across the street from highway patrol HQ so I hope he is just a little clueless and its not stolen. I am printing up a bill of sale that states the gun is not stolen (with his printed and signed signature) just to cover my *** in the future if something comes up?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53   #5
David Armstrong

Can't speak for everyine, but IME local LE has been pretty good about running a serial number on personal sales to verify the gun has not been reported stolen.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 14:12   #6
mixflip

Ok just got back.

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that its not a 590A1.

The good news is that it does have a bayonet lug still but not all the A1 heavy duty upgrades that the military demands. (heavy barrel and metal trigger guard)

I also met him at his job and met his supervisor and he showed me his DL and blue card for a handgun so he seems legit.

I still paid $300 just because it was clean and nice looking and I didnt have to pay the $25 BG fee and taxes for a 590 and he threw in a free Flambeua hard plastic case. It would have been a killer deal if it were an A1. It was just an ok deal as it stands and I am happy to own it. I'll ask my dad if he will give me his old bayonet he stole "cough" I mean brought home from the Army back in the 70's just for kicks.

I checked the Mossberg catalog and it is the special purpose 9-shot model as they call it. Gunbroker has them for $379 to $400.

Tactical Shotguns
Tactical Shotguns
Tactical Shotguns

Last edited by mixflip; 02-10-2010 at 23:17..
Old 02-10-2010, 18:24   #7
Faulkner
Patriot

Still not a bad deal at all.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:39   #8
NightSleeper

"bayonet lug" ... for a shotgun?
NightSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 14:25   #9
mixflip

I found some old school wood furniture for $20 on backpage.com and thought it would be a nice change from all the black plastic out there. The funny thing is that I actually like the look and feel of the wood furniture better. The wood is bigger for one thing. The plastic forearm was really narrow but the wood is fuller and just feels nice in the hand.

Kinda looks like the old police models from the 70's. I love it!
Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns
Old 02-11-2010, 14:44   #10
Puppy

Great price on that Mixflip!

I bought a brand new in the box 590A1 w/factory grs & speedfeed stock off a guy for $350, he even tossed in a bunch of boxes of slugs & buckshot.

I thought I made out like a bandit (I think he was wanting to get an M4 before O got into office, so he sold it at a loss) anyway I love Mossberg 590's, they are easily my favorite pump shotguns, enjoy man I like the way the wood looks on it too.
Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 18:25   #11
mixflip

$350? You seriously got a deal there with all those features. I am jelous since I have been searching craigslist and backpage for folks desperate for cash and need or want to sell their guns. GRS would have been nice. All I got extra was a hard case. At this point I dont think I will spend the money on the GRS just yet. I want to have some fun with the bead sight for a while and if I sell more stuff on craigslist, I may go for the GRS later just for kicks.