Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2010, 13:32   #1
slims00ls1z28

It's Ordered!!

Well, I finally got to order my G29 yesterday! Standard sights, Blue label from Buds police supply. Also got a S&W 642 for the wife. First handgun purchase for both of us (395 for hers 514 for mine shipped, ins and credit care surcharge). Got the email today that hers is in and now can't wait till mine comes in. Locally bullet supply is limited defensively speaking. Got one box of 50 remington umc FMJ each and a box CorBon JHP a piece for now. Plan on getting some double tap and better rig for me (just bought a blackhawk nylon inside pants for now an she had to get her "carry purse"). Just had to get the essentials for now, safe, practice ammo, defensive ammo, carry rigs, and a pierce grip extension (just one till next payday). Now I'm like a kid on christmas eve waiting on the Glock to arrive an go play!

Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 02-14-2010 at 23:33..
slims00ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 22:13   #2
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
Well, I finally got to order my G29 yesterday! Standard sights, Blue label from Buds police supply. Also got a S&W 642 for the wife. First handgun purchase for both of us (395 for hers 514 for mine shipped, ins an credit care surcharge). Got the email today that hers is in and now can't wait till mine comes in. Locally bullet supply is limited defensively speaking. Got one box of 50 remington umc FMJ each and a box CorBon JHP a piece for now. Plan on getting some double tap and better rig for me (just bought a blackhawk nylon inside pants for now an she had to get her "carry purse"). Just had to get the essentials for now, safe, practice ammo, defensive ammo, carry rigs, and a pierce grip extension (just one till next payday). Now I'm like a kid on christmas eve waiting on the Glock to arrive an go play!
Congrats brotha, you'll enjoy it!

Sooo, is it ok for you to buy a gun all the time as long as you buy her one too?

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57   #3
slims00ls1z28

Not really. Since we both can carry due to our jobs I wanted to make sure she had one too. I decided to get mine with income tax, and she wanted one but not if the budget wouldn't allow it. I originally told her mine would cost like 800$ (when I was also looking into a laser sight for it), and she set asie 1000 for it. When I found out about the LE deals from Buds and that I could get them both for that I went ahead and did it. Could have just spent it all on mine but I feel better knowing she has one too. Next go around will be an AR. That will be easy too since she loves shooting them. After that I'm going to have to make some side job money or wait until income tax to build my collection. An since I told her some of the horror stories about the ammo she told me to go to Bass Pro and buy all the rest of the ammo they had. I got a good one me thinks .
Old 02-11-2010, 14:58   #4
Tmygun

Is the clock going backwards yet?

Tmygun
Tmygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 23:37   #5
slims00ls1z28

@#%&#$%# no kidding. And since it didn't come in today now I have to wait till tuesday. Damn holiday!

On a separate note, what I ordered was a standard G29, but looking on the site order I noticed they have listed a G29SF. How much different are the two size wise? I'm 6'4" with large hands so thats why I ordered the standard one. I really do not want to send it back and wait a another week, and I've never felt or seen the difference in the two. Anyone with pics of the two for comparison?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:40   #6
s0nspark
Talk is cheap!

Send a message via AIM to s0nspark Send a message via Skype™ to s0nspark
Quote:
When I found out about the LE deals from Buds and that I could get them both for that I went ahead and did it. Could have just spent it all on mine but I feel better knowing she has one too.

[snip]

An since I told her some of the horror stories about the ammo she told me to go to Bass Pro and buy all the rest of the ammo they had. I got a good one me thinks .
Nice move, on both counts...

When I bought my first gun (G19) I got something both my wife and kids AND myself could shoot comfortably - even though I personally wanted something "more" than a 9mm...

When it came time for me to choose a carry gun I went with a G29 after much deliberation... it is IMO the most versatile of guns... I wanted something sufficiently powerful for general carry but also something up to the task of woods carry (with the right ammo of course) and I couldn't be happier with it.

My next purchase will most likely be a G20 ... OR perhaps a subcompact 9mm/.380 for the wife to carry is she decides to get her permit... :-)

Congrats on the G29!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44   #7
s0nspark
Talk is cheap!

Quote:
On a separate note, what I ordered was a standard G29, but looking on the site order I noticed they have listed a G29SF. How much different are the two size wise? I'm 6'4" with large hands so thats why I ordered the standard one.
If your hands are large like mine (well... I just have longer fingers, really) then the standard G29 will be a much better fit than the SF... The SF model feels to me like my trigger finger extends way too far and like there is too much of a gap in the grip... which is, really, what Glock was after - giving people with shorter fingers better reach on the trigger...

My guess is you'll be fine as you are.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:25   #8
cmspeedy

I have large hands am 6'1' and prefer the SF grip over the standard size 29 grip.

I will warn lately they seem to be having more problems with the SF models, so if I were you I would tell them you ordered the standard size grip model and wait it out.

That's what you originally wanted and you have a better chance of getting a trouble free gun that way.

JMHO.
"It's not that the democrats are playing checkers, and the republicans are playing chess. No, it's that the republicans are playing chess, and the democrats are in the nurses' office because they glued their balls to their thighs." Jon Stewart
cmspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:43   #9
Bello
America/Italia

might wanna watch them doubletaps... people and i have had bad experiances with them just use the search button
Old 02-13-2010, 23:24   #10
slims00ls1z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
If your hands are large like mine (well... I just have longer fingers, really) then the standard G29 will be a much better fit than the SF... The SF model feels to me like my trigger finger extends way too far and like there is too much of a gap in the grip... which is, really, what Glock was after - giving people with shorter fingers better reach on the trigger...

My guess is you'll be fine as you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspeedy View Post
I have large hands am 6'1' and prefer the SF grip over the standard size 29 grip.

I will warn lately they seem to be having more problems with the SF models, so if I were you I would tell them you ordered the standard size grip model and wait it out.

That's what you originally wanted and you have a better chance of getting a trouble free gun that way.

JMHO.
Long fingers here too, dang. In light of these two I'm going to first see if it is actually a SF (is it located on the gun itself or label somewhere?) in case it's just a typo on the order screen because I know I told him a standard G29 with rail (he told me they all come with rail now). If it is a SF I'm going to try the grip first before before transferring to decide first if I like the feel then have to decide on whether or not to keep it. Time to see Bud's return policy JIC. @#$%#$^..

Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 02-13-2010 at 23:58..
Old 02-14-2010, 08:11   #11
s0nspark
Talk is cheap!

Quote:
Long fingers here too, dang. In light of these two I'm going to first see if it is actually a SF (is it located on the gun itself or label somewhere?) in case it's just a typo on the order screen because I know I told him a standard G29 with rail (he told me they all come with rail now). If it is a SF I'm going to try the grip first before before transferring to decide first if I like the feel then have to decide on whether or not to keep it. Time to see Bud's return policy JIC. @#$%#$^..
If it is an SF model that is designated on the right side of the frame with the letters 'SF' like so:

The 10 Ring
Old 02-14-2010, 09:18   #12
capecodcowboy

Very cool. Congrats!!! The Family that shoots together stays together.....and repels all borders.
capecodcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote