Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2010, 22:29   #1
Soviet937

Ordered my SGL 20

I sold my WASR a while ago cause the thing nearly injured me, and now i ordered this, they seem like they are top notch rifles. Im not assuming they are the best im pretty sure i heard they are one of the better ones. i just had a quick question about it, its coming with one 5 round mag so of course thats not gonna do, i was gonna order the polymer magazines from tapco, do those mags work ok in the saiga conversions??

thanks.
Soviet937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 22:43   #2
my762buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet937 View Post
I sold my WASR a while ago cause the thing nearly injured me, and now i ordered this, they seem like they are top notch rifles. Im not assuming they are the best im pretty sure i heard they are one of the better ones. i just had a quick question about it, its coming with one 5 round mag so of course thats not gonna do, i was gonna order the polymer magazines from tapco, do those mags work ok in the saiga conversions??

thanks.
I wouldn't use them in any AK for any serious purpose. They might be ok for range work but if you want standard performance go with real military surplus mags. Unissued mil spec mags are about as good as things get.
my762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 22:57   #3
space_weazel

+1
And how did your WASR try to do you in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Black Rifle Club #111
space_weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:30   #4
Soviet937

I fired it a few times and i noticed before i pulled the trigger again the bolt wasnt seated all the way back into the rest position. and i remember reading the story of the guy who also experienced it and he pulled the trigger and the thing blew up in his face. i know that sounds extreme but i can only assume the worst.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:39   #5
TedG954

As far as gun-purchasing ideas go..... you made an excellent decision.
TedG954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54   #6
jehu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet937 View Post
I fired it a few times and i noticed before i pulled the trigger again the bolt wasnt seated all the way back into the rest position. and i remember reading the story of the guy who also experienced it and he pulled the trigger and the thing blew up in his face. i know that sounds extreme but i can only assume the worst.
You made the right choice with the SLG20 but I gotta wonder and hope that you made the purchaser of the WASR aware of the potential problem with the bolt???
Old 02-11-2010, 10:28   #7
Soviet937

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu View Post
You made the right choice with the SLG20 but I gotta wonder and hope that you made the purchaser of the WASR aware of the potential problem with the bolt???

i did, i sold it back to the store i bought it from and told him its potentionall dangerous. so whatever he decides to do with it is on him i suppose.
Old 02-11-2010, 13:56   #8
SidX
NRA Member

I'd go with waffle mags or any steel mags you can get instead of the tapco mags. I've never used tapco mags but have heard nothing good about them.

AIM has some great deals on 20 and 30 round AK mags
SidX is offline   Reply With Quote