GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2010, 20:27   #1
mixflip

Magpul "Art of the dynamic handgun" dvd set...got it today!

I just got it today in the mail!

Wow, great video set for handgun tactics, mindsets and overall handgun training. Very comprehensive 4 disk set. The students of the class in the video consist of a 19 year old college aged female up to Police officer firearms instructors to Marine Corps snipers to S&W and Surefire product executives.

The students have polymer semi's (Glocks & M&P's) to expensive 1911's and one guy even runs a revolver.

I bought it because my dept (and state) is broke due to the recession and has stopped all additional training other than basic qualifications 2 times a year.

I have no other option but to train myself. I cant quite afford a weekend trip to a high speed low drap school so I am just going to watch the DVD and shoot on my own dime until I can save up to pay my way to a decent school of intruction.

I highly recomend watching this dvd set if you carry a gun for work or CCW and are on a budget and cant get to a school just yet. The set even has a disk dedicated to the CCW lifestyle and tactics.

Last edited by mixflip; 02-12-2010 at 20:32..
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:17   #2
357sig glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
I just got it today in the mail!

Wow, great video set for handgun tactics, mindsets and overall handgun training. Very comprehensive 4 disk set. The students of the class in the video consist of a 19 year old college aged female up to Police officer firearms instructors to Marine Corps snipers to S&W and Surefire product executives.

The students have polymer semi's (Glocks & M&P's) to expensive 1911's and one guy even runs a revolver.

I bought it because my dept (and state) is broke due to the recession and has stopped all additional training other than basic qualifications 2 times a year.

I have no other option but to train myself. I cant quite afford a weekend trip to a high speed low drap school so I am just going to watch the DVD and shoot on my own dime until I can save up to pay my way to a decent school of intruction.

I highly recomend watching this dvd set if you carry a gun for work or CCW and are on a budget and cant get to a school just yet. The set even has a disk dedicated to the CCW lifestyle and tactics.
man im broke as well care to make me a copy of the dvd's
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23   #3
stgha

Mine have been on order for a week, cant wait to get them!!!
(along with vol2 of tac carbine)
stgha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35   #4
mixflip

Wow, I just finished the set and it was worth every penny. I only saw one flub by one of the students. The bald SWAT cop during his scenario called over the radio to dispatch that there were shots fired and he was 10-4 (not code 4) at least it sounded like he said 10-4? I just thought that was funny. I'd probably make way more mistakes if I had cameras on me during live fire unrehearsed scenarios lol.

Look for the special feature where Travis has an interesting combat story he talks about when he was in the service somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan. (he doesnt say) He explains the day he had an AK shoved in his face during a weapons check in a home. As he does a gun grab on the AK he noticed in a split second the safety was up on the AK and he pulled his 45 and shot the bad guy in the head. He explains that he let his guard down just one day and almost got killed for it.

Last edited by mixflip; 02-18-2010 at 11:01..
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49   #5
AggiePhil
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Wow, I just finished the set and it was worth every penny. I only saw one flub by one of the students. The bald SWAT cop during his scenario called over the radio to dispatch that he was 10-4 (not code 4) at least it sounded like he said 10-4? I just thought that was funny. I'd probably make way more mistakes if I had cameras on me during live fire unrehearsed scenarios lol.
Don't think it was a flub. We would say 10-4 in that instance here too.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:52   #6
Hendricks433

Quote:
Wow, I just finished the set and it was worth every penny. I only saw one flub by one of the students. The bald SWAT cop during his scenario called over the radio to dispatch that he was 10-4 (not code 4) at least it sounded like he said 10-4? I just thought that was funny. I'd probably make way more mistakes if I had cameras on me during live fire unrehearsed scenarios lol.

Look for the special feature where Travis has an interesting combat story he talks about when he was in the service somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan (he doesnt say) but he explains the day he had an AK shoved in his face during a weapons check in a home. As he does a gun grab on the AK he noticed in a split second the safety was up on the AK and he pulled his 45 and shot the bad guy in the head. He explains that he let his guard down just one day and almost got killed for it.
I need to watch my special features. I wish they had a DVD of all their stories from their service.
Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 14:14   #7
MacG22
CLM Number 213
Charter Lifetime Member

I'm just now working through the videos. I'm a big fan of training in general and I believe that even if you've "heard it all before", it is still a worthwhile exercise to continually train. Do it even if it's boring... and I've been through a LOT of training over the years.

So with that said, I need to say these videos are top quality. Not boring at all. Lots of things to learn. Magpul is good like that... they are always trying to reassess training methods, get rid of "institutional inertia" and boil things down to basics. In general, I like their approach. These videos are probably the best handgun training resource out there for people for home study right now.

Remember that with all of these training academies, they're largely personality driven. And people tend to draw lines in the sand, talk up one academy over another, or swear on only one method or another. I find the tendency to do that revolting and something done by either uneducated or immature people. Magpul is one of many, and there's plenty to learn and to ignore from all of them.

This set is a must for people who want to continue the constant need to train and learn from some pretty good trainers.