Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2010, 16:39   #1
Wade-0

Pressure switch won't stay put!

I recently upgraded the forend on my Mossy 500 with a Hogue overmolded version. The problem now is my remote pressure switch for my light won't stay mounted to it. I've tried 3M "Permanent" adhesive velcro and it seems to be holding well when I put the gun in the safe, but inevitably when I pull the gun out of the safe later, it's dangling loose again.

I've always prepped the rubber surface by cleaning with alcohol. Are there any other things I should try? Scuffing it with sandpaper maybe? I was also considering some spray adhesive like Super77, or even super glue. Anyone have any tricks I can try?
Wade-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:26   #2
MBG20

tape switches are nothing but trouble...waiting to get hung up on something or jammed up in your fore end...id get rid of it...
MBG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 14:52   #3
hogarth

Gotta agree. For the price of the Hogue forend, your light, and your tape switch, you could have probably gotten close in $ value to just having a Surefire LED forend. I have one and love it and will never have to worry about tape switch, cords, etc.
hogarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 21:50   #4
Wade-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
Gotta agree. For the price of the Hogue forend, your light, and your tape switch, you could have probably gotten close in $ value to just having a Surefire LED forend. I have one and love it and will never have to worry about tape switch, cords, etc.
I've heard bad things about the Surefire forend combined with the Knoxx SpecOps stock, so I decided to go a different route.
Wade-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 21:34   #5
GlockPride
Glock 23

Jb weld- it ain't goin nowhere!!
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 21:48   #6
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I have used GOOP for some tough jobs.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 23:15   #7
aippi

There is nothing bad about the Surefire when used with the SpecOps or Mesa. You simply have to learn to use the weapon with proper hand placement on the forend. I have sold hundreds of them configured like this with no issues.

So the bad things you heard were from guys who did not take the time to learn how to use their weapon. Just like the post you read from guys who say the SpecOps does not work or slaps them. They simply don't know how to use it.

The advise you got from MGB is good advise. Cables are a pain and can hang up at the most inopertune time like when your A double S is on the line. If you light has a tail cap switch you can set it up on the left side of the wepaon and operate it with your index finger and you don't need a pressure pad or a Surefire forend.

If you go to glue the pad on, remember to use somthing that will not melt the over molded rubber on the forend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24   #8
JohnJak
sadly spent

Rubber is an oil based product. It will not stick with all those fancy glues and tapes.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04   #9
wildwilson

I don’t know if this is the same problem that you are having, but here goes: I could not get the sticky side of the Velcro to stick to the back side of the pressure switch. I’ll skip all the failures and focus what worked for me. Get a small tube of Permatex black silicone adhesive sealant (3oz is more than enough) (found at any automotive store). Clean the back side of the pressure switch and apply a thin layer of Permatex, then have your pre-cut or shaped Velcro set it on the applied Permatex. I then used a wooden tongue depressor and rubber bands to hold it together until the Permatex cured.
Hope this is of some help.

Last edited by wildwilson; 02-21-2010 at 11:07..
wildwilson is offline   Reply With Quote