SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:06   #1
Tcormier106

Send a message via AIM to Tcormier106
Firing Pin Question....Broken?

I took my BWK-92 to the range for the first time today, shot great, but at the end of the day I had 2 FTF. There was a primer strike but it was very light. I figured I would look at things when I got home since I was ready to leave anyways. When I got home I looked at it and it looked normal, but when I push on the back of it while it is in the bolt the tip of the firing pin only comes as far as flush with the face where the round sits, it will not go any further.

Can anyone help me with this? if you could also tell me how to remove the firing pin that would be great, not to familiar with the AK, more of an AR person right now.

And a link to where I can get a new part if that is what is neede would also be appreciated.

Thanks everyone
Tcormier106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:03   #2
GIockGuy24
Bring M&M's

Is it 5.56mm / 223 ? Usually the firing pin is spring loaded. It is known that the firing pin is softer than most. It might be that the spring is dirty or damaged. Some years ago replacement firing pins were available. A Polytech firing pin and spring may fit. Not all 223 Norinco's have spring loaded firing pins and take regular AK firing pins but these aren't as common. In the 223 Norinco the extractor retaining pin location is moved and I think angled from normal 7.62x39 AK position. This is to clear the longer 223 ejector in the receiver and to move the extractor inward for the smaller rim. The thin pin holds the firing pin and there is aa tapered pin that hold extractor in the bolt. In the Chinese 223 these run in to each other at one end. The extractor pin is drifted out with a punch to the smaller end. The larger end is easy to see. Once the extractor pin is removed ( the extractor is under slight spring pressure) The firing pin retainer pin is driven out from the bottom of the bolt towards the top of the bolt. Both ends of the pin are the same size but the hole is tighter near the bottom. I don't have one anymore so my memory may not be exactly accurate. It may only require cleaning of the firing pin spring if it has one.
GIockGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 14:58   #3
my762buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcormier106 View Post
Can anyone help me with this? if you could also tell me how to remove the firing pin that would be great, not to familiar with the AK, more of an AR person right now.

And a link to where I can get a new part if that is what is neede would also be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NgL2Huh6bQ
A you tube video that shows the retainer pin you need to drive out to remove the firing pin. Its fairly easy to drive the retainer pin out.
Like GiockGuy24 mentioned, the retainer pin position is different.

Your AK cleaning kit should have a drift pin tool to drive out the retainer.

I happen to have a few polytech parts spare pins that should fit if you pin is flat in the rear. They are 84 mm long and 4 mm wide. A free floating pin like these should fit in a spring loaded bolt without the spring, but a spring loaded pin with the bulge at the rear base will not fit in a free floating bolt. Does your pin have a bulge at the rear like in the picture below? Or flat like the picture below it? Polytech parts only has these two types on their site.
I used to have some of the bulged rear pins and want to think they were just as long as the flat ones.

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

Last edited by my762buzz; 02-15-2010 at 15:04..
my762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote