Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - May 1-2, 2010 - Fayetteville, NC.
Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.
Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.
Grey Group Training:
2008 Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - May 1-2, 2010 - Fayetteville, NC.
Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development of the AK and variations, as well as suggested modifications.
- Class dates:
May 1-2, 2010
- Must shoot an AK or AK variant (AK-47, AKM-47, AK-74, Galil, Valmet, VZ 58 style rifles, etc.)
- Class size:
Maximum sixteen students
- Eye protection
- Electronic hearing protection
- Serviceable handgun (For transition training) of at least 9mm
- Ammunition required:
800 rifle, 150 pistol
- Minimum four (4) high capacity AK mags
- Minimum two (2) handgun mags
- Chest pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags would be “Nice” – LAV quote
- Handgun mag pouch - Ability to carry a spare pistol mag on body.
- Serviceable AK sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
- Suitable handgun holster
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Rifles zeroed at 100 meters.
- Good attitude.
***There are no pre-requisites for this course. It can be your very first class. As a matter of fact if you are familiar with AK’s at all, you will probably be ahead of the curve. That being said this is not a beginner class either, in Larry's words "This class will knock their socks off"***
If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;