Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2010, 21:01   #1
dumbbell

G36 & wwb ammo

I just wanted to let anyone know that might search for this problem, as i did 2 nights ago, that my g36 did not like winchester white box ammo. Out of 100 rounds, I had 15 problems of some sort or another, from fte's to ftf's to stovepipes, etc... I can shoot all the Blazer and UMC and RA45TP's thru it i want, and no problem, but mine just doesn't like wwb. Just some info for someone in the future.
dumbbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 15:27   #2
das9mm26

Hmmmm....
No problems here with WWB in my 36....
Probably 300 rounds of it, along with Speer GDSB and Federal AE....
My 36 "ate" it all.....without a "burp"....
Thanks for the "heads-up", though.....!
das9mm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 18:26   #3
tuica

No problems here w/ WinWhiteBox either. I have both hardball and JHP, but have only shot the 230 gr. hardball. What have both of you tried? Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 20:05   #4
the perfesser

No problem with economy white box for me either.
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06   #5
tkdkracker007

All good with WWB here.

In fact, I haven't found anything it won't feed, but then I don't vary the diet a whole lot. Cheap Sellier Bellot and Lawman, WWB or Blazer Brass when I can find it, and in HP I've shot Winchester, Hornady, and Federal HST's, mostly in 230gr without any problems.
tkdkracker007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 22:57   #6
den888

WWB is worked with all of my 45 ACP pistols well, from 1911's to Glocks...
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 00:03   #7
Jermedic

WWB works fine in mine. I have at least 500 rounds of WWB thru mine without a problem. It shoots other brands and reloads just fine too.
Jermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 00:06   #8
ArmoryDoc

Mine eats it like candy. Shoots great.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 14:22   #9
Soba

WWB works fine with mine as well. Also, no problem with Gold Dots or Rem UMC.
Soba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 21:06   #10
CTG36

I had problems with FTE on most variations of ammo, but found my G36 sensitive to oil on the recoil post & spring. (hydraulic action)
Works great now. Eats it all.
CTG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 19:29   #11
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbbell View Post
I just wanted to let anyone know that might search for this problem, as i did 2 nights ago, that my g36 did not like winchester white box ammo. Out of 100 rounds, I had 15 problems of some sort or another, from fte's to ftf's to stovepipes, etc... I can shoot all the Blazer and UMC and RA45TP's thru it i want, and no problem, but mine just doesn't like wwb. Just some info for someone in the future.

The guys that have not had a problem with the WWB in their G36 (i don't yet own one but am "listening and looking"), are blessed.

I talked a freind of mine at Glock last week about this, and he said, "yes they are a great little gun but they do not like WWB 230gr fodder."

He said they did not have enough punch. Now, I got a small problem with that, (although there sure seems to be guys that have bad luck with them in the 36), because not every factory brand out there is that much hotter, (if any) than the WWB 230gr FMJ. Again.

I'm really giving a good deal of thought to the purchase of a 36. But I need 110% reliability as well. So, I don't know yet.

Try some remington umc, and some PMC, and the best I've used in 230gr FMJ is the CCI Brass brand. Not aluminum cases, but brass cases. People seem to equate CCI with aluminum. Look for the black and gold box. I carry these full time in my 1911 45acp, and G30.

Good luck.

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-01-2010 at 19:31..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44   #12
SagKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
The guys that have not had a problem with the WWB in their G36 (i don't yet own one but am "listening and looking"), are blessed.

I talked a freind of mine at Glock last week about this, and he said, "yes they are a great little gun but they do not like WWB 230gr fodder."
CanyonMan
Yep, that's my experience. ONLY problems I've had with FTFs and FTEs on any Glock was my G36 when new while shooting WWB 230gr. Changed brands and have tried about 8-10 different FMJ and JHP offerings from Blazer, to UMC plus some expensive, good stuff and have had NO issues with any of them. All shoot perfect except WWB.

WWB 230 gr. shoots just fine in my G30 (a bit dirty), and WWB in other Glocks in .40 S&W with no problems.

Avoiding WWB 230gr. is a small price to pay to enjoy my G36, and good thing is most others shoot much cleaner anyway!
Big Dawg #1591, Snubbie Club #025
NRA Life Member
SagKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 19:13   #13
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagKC View Post
Yep, that's my experience. ONLY problems I've had with FTFs and FTEs on any Glock was my G36 when new while shooting WWB 230gr. Changed brands and have tried about 8-10 different FMJ and JHP offerings from Blazer, to UMC plus some expensive, good stuff and have had NO issues with any of them. All shoot perfect except WWB.

WWB 230 gr. shoots just fine in my G30 (a bit dirty), and WWB in other Glocks in .40 S&W with no problems.

Avoiding WWB 230gr. is a small price to pay to enjoy my G36, and good thing is most others shoot much cleaner anyway!

You got that right !

Man this is an odd deal ya know? Except for the veloscity of the WWB 230gr ball, or perhaps the COL, I cannot imagine why they don't want to work in the 36. I would like to say it has to be one of the two reasons here.

I carry ball in all my 45's, and can certainly use a different brand. Usually it is the CCI Brass brand anyway. But it still bothers me. I really strated to buy a 36 at a gun show I drove into the other day, but laid it back down and got a G27 to add to my collection instead. I am still not convienced they (36's) are reliable enough to carry on a daily basis yet. If I could get past that, I wold go ahead and get one. The internet is filled with rumors and Bull, so I try and discount most of what I hear about the 36. But again, when I weigh all the good and the bad, the bad keeps croping up. So.

Good shooting.

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 03-10-2010, 20:43   #14
ArmoryDoc

Too bad you didn't get a new 36. They are excellent. You did however, leave with a good one in the 27.
Old 03-11-2010, 16:28   #15
SagKC

Quote:
You got that right !

Man this is an odd deal ya know? Except for the veloscity of the WWB 230gr ball, or perhaps the COL, I cannot imagine why they don't want to work in the 36. I would like to say it has to be one of the two reasons here.

I carry ball in all my 45's, and can certainly use a different brand. Usually it is the CCI Brass brand anyway. But it still bothers me. I really strated to buy a 36 at a gun show I drove into the other day, but laid it back down and got a G27 to add to my collection instead. I am still not convienced they (36's) are reliable enough to carry on a daily basis yet. If I could get past that, I wold go ahead and get one. The internet is filled with rumors and Bull, so I try and discount most of what I hear about the 36. But again, when I weigh all the good and the bad, the bad keeps croping up. So.

Good shooting.

CanyonMan
Congrats on the new G27! Love mine, and she's easy to carry, accurate, and fun to shoot! As for the G36 lore, I waited several months before finally getting one, then shot it quite a bit before thinking I would carry it.

Range failures are one thing, but wouldn't carry one if I didn't have complete trust in it. So far, I still have no further issues, shooting trouble free for many months, and not afraid to carry mine as long as I keep that pesky WWB away from her!

I know some continue to have problems that they cannot seem to trace to ammo, but after my G36 puked on that WWB, I've not had any luck getting her to dislike anything else!

Don't know why the G36 seems to be a little finicky, from some that have thousands of rounds (including WWB) with zero failures, to some like mine that seem to only slightly be ammo finicky, to others that can't seem to get them to shoot much at all. Just glad I took the chance...mine carries well, shoots great, and was the most accurate, out-of-the-box Glock I have!
Big Dawg #1591, Snubbie Club #025
NRA Life Member
SagKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 17:10   #16
ArmoryDoc

My wife likes shooting my 36. All I use is WWB in it while on the range is WWB. Even with her shooting it there are no failures. I guess I got a good one ?
Old 03-11-2010, 19:51   #17
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagKC View Post
Congrats on the new G27! Love mine, and she's easy to carry, accurate, and fun to shoot! As for the G36 lore, I waited several months before finally getting one, then shot it quite a bit before thinking I would carry it.

Range failures are one thing, but wouldn't carry one if I didn't have complete trust in it. So far, I still have no further issues, shooting trouble free for many months, and not afraid to carry mine as long as I keep that pesky WWB away from her!

I know some continue to have problems that they cannot seem to trace to ammo, but after my G36 puked on that WWB, I've not had any luck getting her to dislike anything else!

Don't know why the G36 seems to be a little finicky, from some that have thousands of rounds (including WWB) with zero failures, to some like mine that seem to only slightly be ammo finicky, to others that can't seem to get them to shoot much at all. Just glad I took the chance...mine carries well, shoots great, and was the most accurate, out-of-the-box Glock I have!

Yeh, thanks. I have had a 27 before and it too was great. Just thought I'd put it back in the collection. ha. I generally carry a 1911 45acp or a G30 in 45acp. But I do like the G23/27/19 as well. Just a big bore guy.

I still think that the COL on some of the WWB loads may be the culprit or as I said before as well, the lower veloscity. It seems those that shoot hotter rounds have better luck. I know some have shot the fool out of the WWB with NO problems at all. That is great. BUT. I do not want to buy a product where I am thinking "hey is this one of the GOOD ONES." They should ALL be good ones or don't sell them !

I need a gun that runs 110% of the time with ALL ammo not just most all ammo. or i will sell the gun if i cannot fix it.

A great deal of people buy WWB, and then take the G36 out to shoot, and cannot handle shooting a small 45 like this. So, down the "internet line," the gun gets the rap, "even from Glock." That it don't like WWB. This could be a part of it. But I still think that it is under powerd ammo and or COL on some of the stuff coming off the line. The COL's are so stinking inconsistant it isn't funny. So some that may have to long a COL could be hanging up on the feed ramp. I really cannot fathom any other reason for this crazy action with WWB. Every make of gun I own swallows up WWB ammo with Never one single problem.

The feed ramp design on the G36 is a little bit different looking, and this coupled with a longer COL on a cartridge may just be what is going on along with some sloppy gripping of the weapon.

When money allows, I will go ahead and get the G36, polish the ramp and set all the COL's the same on some 'handlods', and match the vel to WWB 230gr Ball, and go and see what happens. I bet if I take the shortest COL in the box and set my handloads to that COL, and set the vel to match their advertised factory vel, and go shoot... Problem sloved. We will see.

Well gotta go.

Good shooting amigo
stay safe.

CanyonMan

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-12-2010 at 07:21..
Old 03-11-2010, 19:54   #18
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
My wife likes shooting my 36. All I use is WWB in it while on the range is WWB. Even with her shooting it there are no failures. I guess I got a good one ?

Man that is great, and I am happy for you and your wife. It is just the statement..." I guess I got a good one.." that tells me there may be 'bad ones." Read my post above and it may explain some thigs I believe are going on, more than the guns. If they are turning out guns that won't feed "everything" 110%, then I would not have it...

Glad yours runs great.

Good shooting !

CanyonMan

Old 03-11-2010, 20:11   #19
ArmoryDoc

Quote:
Man that is great, and I am happy for you and your wife. It is just the statement..." I guess I got a good one.." that tells me there may be 'bad ones."

CanyonMan
I'm not infering that by my statement. I only said that because of all the complaints on this thread about WWB. I personally think that if you hold the gun tight enough and not limp wrist it, it will function fine. That's my thoughts on the matter. YMMV, who knows ?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:17   #20
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
I'm not infering that by my statement. I only said that because of all the complaints on this thread about WWB. I personally think that if you hold the gun tight enough and not limp wrist it, it will function fine. That's my thoughts on the matter. YMMV, who knows ?

I agree and I do not have a limp wrist problem personally. I know some folks do. BUT the ones saying it won't feed with WWB 'also say' that "everything else" they put in it works great. So, we cannot attribute that to limp wristing. I agree with you some of them have the LR problem, but not all...

Good shooting

CanyonMan