Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:59   #1
frankr

Mossberg 930 SPX, Great Value

If your thinking of purchasing a Tactical Automatic Shotgun take a look at the Mossberg 930 SPX. This special purpose shotgun is chambered for 2 3/3 or 3” comes with an 18 barrel, 7+1 magazine capacity with the magazine extension, Picatinny rail, LPA/ M16 style ghost ring sights. I’ve had my 930 SPX for about three months and have shot everything from 3”00 Buck shot down to 2 3/4 low brass 100 round Federal value pack from Wal-Mart with out one malfunction. I paid $657.00 out the door at Dick’s.
I think in today’s economy this is a great gun for a great price. If you want to see the gun in action check out the Mossberg 930 SPX Range Review on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9uNb...eature=related

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=32

Last edited by frankr; 02-21-2010 at 05:12..
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:01   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Glad you are enjoying it.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 15:33   #3
captcurly

I have had my Mossberg 930 SPX for almost one year. The weapon has never malfunctioned using assorted ammo. The sights really work for me when shooting slugs. Dollar for dollar the SPX is the best bang for your bucks. The SPX is easy to maintain and clean. This Mossy is a keeper IMHO.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 15:39   #4
itstime

Especially when you find it used at a Gander Mountain at an unbelievable price. Great gun for sure.
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 18:31   #5
mixflip

I absolutely love my 930SPX and dont regret spending the $600+ I spent on it. Now I find myself stocking up on WalMart 100rd bulk field loads for $22 every time I am in the store. I need to see if I can find a "limbsaver" recoil pad for it now. After a long day of breaking mine in, I did feel a little tender in the shoulder muscles even from the light bird shot. I am getting old I guess?
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 21:26   #6
skippz

So can you equip the 930 w/ a knoxx stock??? Just curious as these little stocks are superb on my birdguns!
skippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 23:54   #7
mixflip

No, the 930 is a semi auto and it has a buffer tube and recoil spring (kinda like an AR15 setup) so no collapsible, folding or pistol grip for now. Benelli has a cool military collapsible stock for the Benelli M4 shotgun which in theory, if it can be made for that semi auto shotgun then someone could hypothetically make one for the 930SPX?

At the moment only Choate makes an after market pistol grip buttstock which I have. I like it but it would be nice to have a choice in styles. I am just glad its not an ATI.

I preffer traditional buttstocks on pump shotguns but for a semi auto I actually like the pistol grip since I dont have to worry about "shucking" a pump action on it. With the ghost ring sights and pistol grip...its like shooting a really big bore AR15 in a way.
Old 02-21-2010, 23:58   #8
bsg1

thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on acquiring your shotgun.
bsg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:30   #9
frankr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
No, the 930 is a semi auto and it has a buffer tube and recoil spring (kinda like an AR15 setup) so no collapsible, folding or pistol grip for now. Benelli has a cool military collapsible stock for the Benelli M4 shotgun which in theory, if it can be made for that semi auto shotgun then someone could hypothetically make one for the 930SPX?

At the moment only Choate makes an after market pistol grip buttstock which I have. I like it but it would be nice to have a choice in styles. I am just glad its not an ATI.

I preffer traditional buttstocks on pump shotguns but for a semi auto I actually like the pistol grip since I dont have to worry about "shucking" a pump action on it. With the ghost ring sights and pistol grip...its like shooting a really big bore AR15 in a way.
Thanks mixflip, after seeing your Range review and the way you were able to control and handle your gun you have me thinking of ordering the Choate style pistol grip buttstock for my 930 SPX.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01   #10
mixflip

Just keep in mind pistol grips are not for everybody. Some buy them and end up switching back just because they didnt grow up shooting pistol grip guns so to speak. Your a former Marine so it should be like old times for you though.

If I get my hands on a spare 930 forearm, I might install a forward grip just for kicks since it is a semi. I dont like them on pumps but semi's dont really matter. Heck it might actually feel more comfortable and controllable when shooting it rapid fire? We will see if I get bored enough to test this theory out? I just dont want to drill into my original forearm. I did it with my 11-87 but I sold it before I had a chance to shoot it with the forward pistol grip.

Last edited by mixflip; 02-23-2010 at 03:05..