SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-18-2009, 21:28   #1
Scion
Heeled

Mossberg Loc-Box - Still available?

I can't seem to find the Mossberg Loc-Box anywhere. Mossberg still shows the best price on it, but they are out of stock and cannot backorder. I'll try to call them tomorrow, but I'm wondering if any of you know what the situation is with this product.

-The Constitution was NOT written to limit what CITIZENS can do - it was written to limit what GOVERNMENT can do. - TarzanT
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 20:08   #2
grokdesigns

I've never seen that, but I'd really like one now! This site says they have them in stock for a few bucks more than Mossberg:
https://www.mncarryacademy.com/Gun-L...mages.tpl.html

*Don't know anything about the site and can't vouch for legitimacy.
grokdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 20:11   #3
Hoopster

Sorry I don't know about availability but I love mine and recommend it to any pump shotgun owner who wants affordable security and easy access.
Hebrews 4:12
Hoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 14:08   #4
Scion
Heeled

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokdesigns View Post
I've never seen that, but I'd really like one now! This site says they have them in stock for a few bucks more than Mossberg:
https://www.mncarryacademy.com/Gun-L...mages.tpl.html

*Don't know anything about the site and can't vouch for legitimacy.
Thanks for the find. I'll give them a call.

-The Constitution was NOT written to limit what CITIZENS can do - it was written to limit what GOVERNMENT can do. - TarzanT
Old 09-01-2009, 14:20   #5
Chucktown Mako
G23

I like the idea for my 500A, but do you leave the key right next to it? If you need it in a hurry, do you want to be fumbling around with keys?

I may still get one!
Chucktown Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 18:27   #6
Scion
Heeled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktown Mako View Post
I like the idea for my 500A, but do you leave the key right next to it? If you need it in a hurry, do you want to be fumbling around with keys?

I may still get one!
For me, I would unlock and open the gate at night. In the morning, I would lock the gate and put the key away, then hang a bathrobe over the whole thing to hide it.

Old 09-01-2009, 19:15   #7
Ranger_Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
For me, I would unlock and open the gate at night. In the morning, I would lock the gate and put the key away, then hang a bathrobe over the whole thing to hide it.

I have one. For basic security (curious kids and smash and grab burglars) it does the job at a good price. However, for HD keep in mind the action has to be open to store the gun on the lock. So even if you keep the key close by or even leave the gate open, you still need to load and rack.

I want to get a Santa Cruz lock, which doesn't interfere with the action when locked:
http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/set...lect/home.html

Last edited by Ranger_Rick; 09-01-2009 at 19:29..
Ranger_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:47   #8
Chucktown Mako
G23

The Santa Cruz seem much more thought out. But for price and simplicity, the Mossberg takes it. I can get a new 18.5" barrel and a lock box for the same price as the Santa Cruz!
Chucktown Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:36   #9
whitewater

Loc-box

Got a brand new one still in the box for $32 shipped Priority Mail. Looks like I am not going to need mine since I sold both of my pumps.

whitewater
whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43   #10
Scion
Heeled

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater View Post
Got a brand new one still in the box for $32 shipped Priority Mail. Looks like I am not going to need mine since I sold both of my pumps.

whitewater
PM response sent!

Old 09-07-2009, 20:14   #11
muddie

nevermind
muddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 20:46   #12
Scion
Heeled

FYI - For anyone who may be wondering: I did call Mossberg last week. They said their Loc-Boxes were on backorder, and they expect to have them back in stock and available on their website within the month.

Old 09-11-2009, 14:19   #13
Glockster17

Send a message via AIM to Glockster17
Is it possible with a Loc Box to keep the gun locked away, with an empty chamber but the tube still being loaded??
Niner's Club #686
Black Rifle #686
10 Ringer #686
1911 Club #686
Snubbie #686
Glockster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 14:42   #14
Scion
Heeled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockster17 View Post
Is it possible with a Loc Box to keep the gun locked away, with an empty chamber but the tube still being loaded??
Yes. In fact, the chamber only needs to be partially open to be in the loc-box. I have my tube fully loaded. It is easy to remove the shotgun and finish the racking motion, thus chambering a round.

BTW, Whitewater, obviously on got the package and installed it. It works great. Thank you so much! It is now mounted on the wall next to my bed. I also mounted a nice brass coathook right above the muzzle pin and hang my bath robe on it. It looks perfectly natural and you'd never guess there's a shotgun there. At night, I just unlock the gate when I take my headboard gun out of its case. Only adds a few seconds to my morning and evening routine, but I now have quick access to a superior home defense weapon.

One last detail. Mossberg provides self-adhesive pads for the inside on the box around the receiver, but the edge of the lip that the latch locks into is still exposed and sharp. A little moleskin cured this problem quite nicely.

Old 02-25-2010, 17:34   #15
NWoutdoor

Mossberg has the loc-box in stock (still shows out on the web site).
Just give them a call at 800-363-3555 and they will take your order over the phone.
$39.95 shipped...

Just ordered one yesterday.
NWoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote