Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:59   #1
750driver

PM 9 problems

Just bought a new PM 9 with the safety and chamber indicator.
Took it to the range to break it in and couldn't get past 25 rounds when it started to FTE and the slide was getting stuck.
When I fianlly got the slide to move back it wouldn't go back all the way so that I could lock it. After getting the empty casing out I wasn't able to get 2 rounds out of it before it happened again. Took it back to the gunshop and the gunsmith said there was a lot of dried up grease in there from the factory and he gave it a good cleaning. I took it back to the range the next day and 25-30 rounds in it started doing the same thing.
Sent it back to Kahr and I am waiting to hear what they found. I did send them an email telling them that they need to put at least 50 rounds through it since the problem might not show up with the 4 clips that is company policy. I also told them that if it comes back with the same problem I want a new gun or a check.
If anybody has had a similar issue, I would be interested as to what you found to be the problem. I think for the amount of money this gun costs, you should not have to deal with these issues.
750driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 18:04   #2
wingsprint

The PM 9 is very reliable gun....

What brand and type of ammo were you using?

Did you properly clean and lubricate the gun and the magazines (inside and out) before using for the first time?

Did you follow Kahr's instructions for breaking the gun in?

Please do not take this as an insult- How much experience do you have shooting handguns? The reason I ask is that if you were using quality ammo, in a properly cleaned and lubed PM 9 and followed Kahr's break in procedures, more than likely this sounds like an issue of limp wristing the gun.
wingsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 20:44   #3
viniglock
GLOCKS-N-KAHRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750driver View Post
Just bought a new PM 9 with the safety and chamber indicator.
Took it to the range to break it in and couldn't get past 25 rounds when it started to FTE and the slide was getting stuck.
When I fianlly got the slide to move back it wouldn't go back all the way so that I could lock it. After getting the empty casing out I wasn't able to get 2 rounds out of it before it happened again. Took it back to the gunshop and the gunsmith said there was a lot of dried up grease in there from the factory and he gave it a good cleaning. I took it back to the range the next day and 25-30 rounds in it started doing the same thing.
Sent it back to Kahr and I am waiting to hear what they found. I did send them an email telling them that they need to put at least 50 rounds through it since the problem might not show up with the 4 clips that is company policy. I also told them that if it comes back with the same problem I want a new gun or a check.
If anybody has had a similar issue, I would be interested as to what you found to be the problem. I think for the amount of money this gun costs, you should not have to deal with these issues.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1#post14851293
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11   #4
750driver

Yes, I did clean the handgun before attempting to break it in, and I do have years of experience. You can't break it in if you can't get 25 rounds through it. I tried 4 different kinds of ammo and it did the same thing. The gunsmith at the shop I bought it at cleaned it again and test fired at their range and it did it to him. They are very reliable guns, but if you do a little research you will find that a lot of people have had to send theirs back 2-3 times to get them right. The owner of the gun shop had the same problem with his and it took 3 guide rods and springs before they solved the problem.
750driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52   #5
wingsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750driver View Post
Yes, I did clean the handgun before attempting to break it in, and I do have years of experience. You can't break it in if you can't get 25 rounds through it. I tried 4 different kinds of ammo and it did the same thing. The gunsmith at the shop I bought it at cleaned it again and test fired at their range and it did it to him. They are very reliable guns, but if you do a little research you will find that a lot of people have had to send theirs back 2-3 times to get them right. The owner of the gun shop had the same problem with his and it took 3 guide rods and springs before they solved the problem.
Ok-got ya.

Again, I was by no means trying to insult you. I have done a lot of research on Kahr reliability (including discussing with Kahr founder Justin Moon at this years SHOT show) and I am confident that regardless of what one reads on the internet, Kahr has above average reliability when compared to other manufactures.

I hope that your PM gets sorted out. They are great little guns.
wingsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 15:26   #6
spear85

PM9's are so tight from the factory. I have 250 rounds through mine so far with out a problem. Before i ever got mine i had read somewhere that some people like to take it new out of the box (unloaded of course) and just sit there and rack the slide a couple hundred times. Supposedly to help loosen it up a little bit and work the recoil spring some before ever firing the pistol. I picked mine up and proceeded to do the couple hundred racks of the slide and its worked flawlessly. Im not saying that me doing it is what made it work fine lol just saying maybe its a good idea to do it with these Kahrs when they are new afterall. Good luck with your pistol, im confident Kahr will take care of you
spear85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 15:32   #7
cgjane

I love my Khar and went by the book with the break-in process, flawless so far. (2k rds)
Old 03-16-2010, 18:36   #8
sviking

Manual safety and loaded chamber indicator... You in Mass?

Last edited by sviking; 03-16-2010 at 18:37..
sviking is offline   Reply With Quote