Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2010, 21:37   #1
Major USA (Ret)

New Kahr P380 Ammo? Pocket Holster?

I just purchased a new Kahr P380 today. Those of you that have one, what is the best ammo for practice? Self-defense? Which have no trouble with feeding?

Also, I need a good pocket holster for it? What suggestions do you have?
Major, U.S. Army (Ret.)
Major USA (Ret) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 22:34   #2
toddmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major USA (Ret) View Post
I just purchased a new Kahr P380 today. Those of you that have one, what is the best ammo for practice? Self-defense? Which have no trouble with feeding?

Also, I need a good pocket holster for it? What suggestions do you have?
Major, U.S. Army (Ret.)
For practice ammo...whatever you can find!

For self defense...Hornady Critical Defense

Pocket Holster...Desantis Nemesis
toddmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52   #3
GOOFA

Good luck with the P380 and stay away from all Fiocchi ammo (FMJ & HP's). Speer Gold Dots & Federal Hydra Shok have been 100% reliable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GOOFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:47   #4
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

No 1st hand experience, but I have heard good things about the Corbon DPX in .380 for SD
Old 01-10-2010, 08:06   #5
calviroman

I am also a new P380 owner (3 days now). I believe that "Nemesis" holster MAY be a tad large for the P380 as it "also fits" the MK9, PM9, MK40, PM40, K9, K40, P9, P40. This is only speculation as I do not have this holster.

Do those recommending the Nemesis use one for a P380, or some other pistol such as a PM9?

Regarding your other question (carry ammo), I consider 80gr CORBON DPX to be the single finest carry round available at this time. Unfortunately, you CANNOT seem to get it for less than $23 per box of 20. My second choice would be Winchester Ranger RA380T. It is available in the 50 round boxes, and is about 1/2 the price of DPX. You are retired military so you should be able to buy the Ranger's from certain LE ammo dealers like Kiesler's Police Supply. My 3rd choices would be a "premium" loading of the Speer Gold Dot bullet, or a current lot of Hornady 90gr FTX.

Honestly, the performance of all rounds mentioned fits into a small window of handgun ammunition performance. Picking any one of them and pressing on and getting some range time in is the way to go.
calviroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 18:24   #6
fra3

Welcome to the p380 club! I love this one, and I have put Critical Defense, DPX, WWB, Buffalo Bore (hardcast, and JHP) and I think the other was PMC. All of which cycled without a problem. I will say the buffalo bore is super peppy, there is a big difference from shelf ammo. I would reccomend anyone interested in .380 try it out b/c it is sick! I use the Stellar Rigs pocket holster w/ extra mag carrier, it blends well and does not print anymore than a blackberry in your pocket. Plus it has a tension screw. I am waiting to put my Crimson Trace on until the holster makers get something out there for it which might be a month or two. Hope this helps some, Good Luck! f3
fra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:42   #7
powernoodle

I use a cheap Uncle Mike's #2 size pocket holster for my Ruger LCP. I suspect that it would work just fine with the P380. It is thin and light, so it does not add a lot of bulk to your pocket. Protects the trigger and keeps the gun upright. And when it disintegrates in 2 years, you throw it away and spend another $15 or whatever. I use Uncle Mikes for all of my pocket carry guns, which include also a S&W 442 and Kahr PM9.
powernoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 15:32   #8
toddmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by calviroman View Post
Do those recommending the Nemesis use one for a P380, or some other pistol such as a PM9?
Some other pistol such as an LCP or P3AT.
toddmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 18:50   #9
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

XS Big Dot sights
CorBon DPX ammo
K&D pocket holster from the KahrShop

Kahr Club
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01   #10
Cowart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major USA (Ret) View Post
what is the best ammo for practice?
I don't know if its the "best", but Natchezss claims to have this in stock @ $19.99 per 50 rounds

http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?co... Bronze 50/box
Cowart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 19:11   #11
Michigun
Miss Michigan?

Send a message via AIM to Michigun Send a message via Yahoo to Michigun

I prefer to use FMJ in my .380... just like I did when I had a Kel-Tec P-32... HP 380's just don’t do real well with penetration ... FMJ’s have an added benefit that they feed WAAAAY easier too.
Old 02-27-2010, 20:27   #12
KCTanfoglio

Probably got all this stuff by now, but -

Range - Blazer aluminum
Defense - Gold Dots
Pocket holster - DeSantis
KCTanfoglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 16:29   #13
electrohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by calviroman View Post
I am also a new P380 owner (3 days now). I believe that "Nemesis" holster MAY be a tad large for the P380 as it "also fits" the MK9, PM9, MK40, PM40, K9, K40, P9, P40. This is only speculation as I do not have this holster.
There are a couple sizes for the Nemesis. I have one for my PM9 and one for my LCP, The PM9 will definitely not fit in the LCP Nemesis, and the LCP will fit in the PM9 one, but fits in a lot deeper, and takes up more pocket space.
electrohawk is offline   Reply With Quote