I have one, and had it installed once but removed it in favor of the wood.
I was having questions about accuracy on an M70 underfolder I built so wanted to mount a red dot to it for a better sighting system (believing the accuracy issue was the shooter, and the AK's notch, and post sighting system with short sight radius).
In the end I was wrong, and it was the barrel crown that was the issue.
Removed the rail because:
1. Needed to do some custom dremel work to get the underfolder stock to lock in folded position (it ran into the side pic rails of the hand guard).
2. Grip was uncomfortable IMHO. With ladder rail covers it was alright but with the supplied rail covers it made the grip really wide.....like holding a beer can.
3. With the red dot I had installed the gas shut off grenade sight could not be flipped up (ran into red dot...truglo 30mm).
4. With supplied spacer needed to not crush gas tube, and 4 bolt installation it made removing the gas tube for cleaning a 20 min affair instead of the 2min job it was with the wood hand guards.
5. Gave it that 'tacticool' look which honestly I am not really into.
Positives about it:
Really tight fit so no worries about losing '0' of red dot.
It's for sale......Wanna buy it? I will not be using it.
21 Club #150 California Glockers #150 Kalashnikov Klub #150 Black Rifle Club #377
Originally Posted by AnimalK
The AR is like a prom queen.
The AK is like a biker chick.
Treat each accordingly.
Last edited by Nicoroshi; 02-23-2010 at 23:12..