SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2010, 18:10   #1
07 LMB Z06

UPS Just Dropped These Off...

Anybody have any reviews for me?

I tried YouTube but there wasn't much. Can't wait to test them out.

Last edited by 07 LMB Z06; 06-06-2010 at 13:23..
07 LMB Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 18:45   #2
Retired Squid

I have some of my hand loads in that range and maybe some a tad hotter. You will know when it goes bang. The G-29 was quite managable, and the 610 was not any big deal. They were very loud and if fired at indoor range you will have people looking to see what you just fired.
Old 02-23-2010, 15:55   #3
why

The numbers I saw on them had their energy lower than Double Tap on the 10mm's. Nothing wrong with them tho.

I suspect that they have a pretty good profit margin on them at the gunstores cause they were pushing the crap outta them back before the antichrist took office.
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 16:55   #4
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

That's what I use...until I get DT in that weight. Great rounds! Bought them at Cabela's last month for $28~
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 20:22   #5
07 LMB Z06

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I'm surprised at what I'm hearing. Looking at Double Tap's website for both 180gr Nosler and 180gr Controlled Expansion shows lower energy ratings for both, and on top of that I've heard Double Tap inflates their numbers, while I've never heard this about Buffalo Bore. I guess I was under the impression that Buffalo Bore was about the hottest thing around.

Well I'm gonna shoot five of these and use the last 15 to load up a HD mag. Then I'll have one with 15 of these and one with 15 of Double Tap's 180gr Bonded Defense. So whichever happens to be in the gun will give a potential bad guy a very bad day.

10mmMofo, I wasn't aware they sold them other than online. I'll have to check my area. It would be nice to get these without the added shipping costs, especially if I'm just buying a box or two.

Retired Squid, if you ever feel like making a couple bucks I'll buy some of your super hot rounds. Maybe a box of 30 so I can shoot 15 and put 15 in a mag. I always hear that reloading draws out the true potential of this round, and I don't have the time, space, or money for everything necessary for reloading so the next best thing is to pay someone to do it for me.
Old 02-24-2010, 21:09   #6
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Just remember, sometimes tax can be higher than shipping, depending on the type of shipping and item weight. For me, its a lot easier to order online, and pay shipping, than to make the drive somewhere they may be available. Just keep $100 when you're out in case you run across some!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 22:56   #7
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 LMB Z06 View Post

I'm surprised at what I'm hearing. Looking at Double Tap's website for both 180gr Nosler and 180gr Controlled Expansion shows lower energy ratings for both, and on top of that I've heard Double Tap inflates their numbers, while I've never heard this about Buffalo Bore. I guess I was under the impression that Buffalo Bore was about the hottest thing around.

Well I'm gonna shoot five of these and use the last 15 to load up a HD mag. Then I'll have one with 15 of these and one with 15 of Double Tap's 180gr Bonded Defense. So whichever happens to be in the gun will give a potential bad guy a very bad day.

10mmMofo, I wasn't aware they sold them other than online. I'll have to check my area. It would be nice to get these without the added shipping costs, especially if I'm just buying a box or two.

Retired Squid, if you ever feel like making a couple bucks I'll buy some of your super hot rounds. Maybe a box of 30 so I can shoot 15 and put 15 in a mag. I always hear that reloading draws out the true potential of this round, and I don't have the time, space, or money for everything necessary for reloading so the next best thing is to pay someone to do it for me.
Inflate numbers?
Mike of DT is a member here.
Care to explain source and data?

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 23:28   #8
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 LMB Z06 View Post

My local Cabela's carries them pretty regularly. A couple shops carry Double Tap on the shelves too. DT is a much better price since they sell in boxes of 50.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 14:07   #9
07 LMB Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Inflate numbers?
I'm aware. I'm not making any definite claims, but I have read on here a few times of people who have measured the fps of Double Tap loads and were getting ~100 fps lower than what Double Tap advertises. I will try to find some of the threads, but I don't feel like doing that much leg work.

Here's some instances, but I've read others around the board:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...1&postcount=56
...not to mention the subject of that entire thread isn't very confidence inspiring.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...05&postcount=7

Anyway, not trying to start an argument. I only ordered one box of Double Tap ammo so far and I am very happy with it, but I figured I'd give Buffalo Bore a shot too.

Last edited by 07 LMB Z06; 02-25-2010 at 14:13..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07   #10
10mm29

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Inflate numbers?
I ran 3 rounds of his 180 grain controlled exp over my chrono. He list them out of a G29 @ 1270

My results were 1190 1203 1175

Nevermind the fact that he sold them to me in a box labeled 200 grain controlled exp without letting me know.

I wish he was an active member here, I would love to hear his explanation of his business practices, but if you check he has not been active in quite some time.

Same gun w 180 Noslers, he shows 1240 I got 1153 1164 1159

180 bonded which I don't see on his sight right now I got 1158 1140 1171

Finally 135 nosler he only shows data for the glock 20 @ 1600 fps. Out of my 29 I got 1516 1483 1470 so that one seems like it would be pretty close to what he says it is.

All my data is @ 45°F 76% humidity.

I may go buy a box of those buffalo bores tomorrow and see what they do, if I do I will post results back here.
10mm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:52   #11
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm29 View Post
I ran 3 rounds of his 180 grain controlled exp over my chrono. He list them out of a G29 @ 1270

My results were 1190 1203 1175

Nevermind the fact that he sold them to me in a box labeled 200 grain controlled exp without letting me know.

I wish he was an active member here, I would love to hear his explanation of his business practices, but if you check he has not been active in quite some time.

Same gun w 180 Noslers, he shows 1240 I got 1153 1164 1159

180 bonded which I don't see on his sight right now I got 1158 1140 1171

Finally 135 nosler he only shows data for the glock 20 @ 1600 fps. Out of my 29 I got 1516 1483 1470 so that one seems like it would be pretty close to what he says it is.

All my data is @ 45°F 76% humidity.

I may go buy a box of those buffalo bores tomorrow and see what they do, if I do I will post results back here.
One classic reason I roll my own, I always know what I have. I have fun looking over the manuals and deciding on powder, setting up for a run, even the spot checks for powder wt during the run are fun, it even makes the range time more fun.

Back in the day when I hunted it was really more of a kick or high from the satisfaction of having done the reloading. It has really helped me understand the black powder guys and why they do the antique type guns.