GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 19:09   #26
Wolf7897
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 26
Got mine for $975 out the door.
Wolf7897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40   #27
Sgt_Gold
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 512
I paid $800 for mine right as they came out. My dealer said "buy it now, because I can't get another one at this price". He said the distributor told him that he sold it to the shop at the wrong price, and that wasn't going to happen again.
Sgt_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:23   #28
Larry V
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Solon Ohio , Suburb of Cleveland
Posts: 1,279
Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Grumpy View Post
I found a dealer who will probably work with me to get to me for $1k. Seems fair, but I was wondering how low I could push him. I'm sooooooooo tempted to take a leap off the deep and and buy one of these bad boys.

The angel on my right shoulder says, "You don't need it! You'll be happy enough with an M&P45!! Buy more ammo with the money you'll save! Buy American!"

The devil on my left shoulder says, "Forget that piece o' crap and get yourself a REAL shooter! It's WORTH IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!"

Quite the price difference... what to do...
You will buy what you want in the end.You can get a brand new Sig P220 for 800. I have anMP 45 and I love it. I also have 2 HK 's.At the end of the day, they dont shoot any better then my Glock 21SF to justify the cost
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 20:43   #29
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass
 
MakeMineA10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,853
Blog Entries: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
I paid $800 for mine right as they came out. My dealer said "buy it now, because I can't get another one at this price". He said the distributor told him that he sold it to the shop at the wrong price, and that wasn't going to happen again.
Wow! You did good! I got one out of the first batch of 1000 (3-digit serial #), and I got it at cost plus shipping and phone call, and I thought I done good!!

The original dealer price was like $843 or so. IIRC, after paying shipping and the phone call, I got mine out the door for something like $865.

I find it frustratingly amusing that the US-made HK45s are more expensive than the original German-made ones. I was going to buy an American-made one as my primary HK45 (to carry on-duty) and keep the German one as a safe and range gun only, but now, I think I'm just sticking with my Glock 21 until I retire.
__________________
Glock Commemoratives

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:19   #30
DarwinOSX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx787 View Post
I don't want to second guess your decision making process but accidentally decocking is really not going to happen unless you ride the safety with your thumb, which seems to be the habit of 1911 shooters only. It requires a lot of pressure to decock, it's not just flicking the lever down another notch. I can think of many situations when you might want to decock and you wouldn't want doing it movie style (thumb on the hammer) to be your only option.
You should ride the safety with your thumb. Decocking by accident can easily happen while under stress and moving.
DarwinOSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:21   #31
DarwinOSX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
You will buy what you want in the end.You can get a brand new Sig P220 for 800. I have anMP 45 and I love it. I also have 2 HK 's.At the end of the day, they dont shoot any better then my Glock 21SF to justify the cost
P220's have always been problematic and the latest versions especially so. The guy who ran Kimber now runs Sig and has put much cheaper parts in everything and external extractors that have issues. They are no longer a premium brand like HK. For a great comparison of the 21SF, M&P .45, and HK 45 go here;
http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0&page=2#76683
DarwinOSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:30   #32
sig freak78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 147
Thats the same here.
sig freak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 14:48   #33
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass
 
MakeMineA10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,853
Blog Entries: 13
Interesting review over at 10-8. Thanks for the link, Darwin.

I've carried my G-20, G-19, and now G-21 on-duty since my first department transitioned from revolvers in the early 90s. (Yeah, I'm old. For you young guys, revolvers are those old-style handguns that have the round thing in the middle... ) I've got medium to small hands and don't have too much trouble with the large-frame Glocks, but when shooting one-handed, I've always felt the gun was secure in my grip, but just marginally so. When I felt the prototype HK45 at the NRA show in St. Louis three-four years ago, I knew I had to have one. I'm working on getting an LEM trigger for it. (My early one is a V.1.) Don't know if I'll ever switch over to carrying it on duty.

I've noticed the same differences that were mentioned on the thread over at 10-8, in terms of the higher bore axis, but the really killer thing for me is - I'm not real thrilled with carrying a $800-$1000 gun on-duty with all that entails, when a $400 gun works just as well... Scratches on the G-21? Oh well. Bang the grip against the door frame of the squad or grind it into the gravel while in a ground-fight... Who cares? Stand out in the rain directing traffic around a fatal accident? Tennifer and plastic leave no worries. Do any of those things with a nice, expensive pistol, and I may be distracted by what's happening to my pistol, rather than handling what needs handling... I'll take the accurate, reliable, durable, CHEAP gun any day over similar-quality EXPENSIVE gun.

Still love the HK45, but not sure it's gonna ride with me at work...
__________________
Glock Commemoratives

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 15:00   #34
GreyEclipse
TheGreyEclipse
 
GreyEclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GA&WY
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
Interesting review over at 10-8. Thanks for the link, Darwin.

I've carried my G-20, G-19, and now G-21 on-duty since my first department transitioned from revolvers in the early 90s. (Yeah, I'm old. For you young guys, revolvers are those old-style handguns that have the round thing in the middle... ) I've got medium to small hands and don't have too much trouble with the large-frame Glocks, but when shooting one-handed, I've always felt the gun was secure in my grip, but just marginally so. When I felt the prototype HK45 at the NRA show in St. Louis three-four years ago, I knew I had to have one. I'm working on getting an LEM trigger for it. (My early one is a V.1.) Don't know if I'll ever switch over to carrying it on duty.

I've noticed the same differences that were mentioned on the thread over at 10-8, in terms of the higher bore axis, but the really killer thing for me is - I'm not real thrilled with carrying a $800-$1000 gun on-duty with all that entails, when a $400 gun works just as well... Scratches on the G-21? Oh well. Bang the grip against the door frame of the squad or grind it into the gravel while in a ground-fight... Who cares? Stand out in the rain directing traffic around a fatal accident? Tennifer and plastic leave no worries. Do any of those things with a nice, expensive pistol, and I may be distracted by what's happening to my pistol, rather than handling what needs handling... I'll take the accurate, reliable, durable, CHEAP gun any day over similar-quality EXPENSIVE gun.

Still love the HK45, but not sure it's gonna ride with me at work...
I have a method for that.

For every hundred dollars you spend on a gun you have to baby it a month.
You keep it in the safe, take it to the range once a month.
Make sure it get's the good ammo and clean it accordingly.
This way you break in the gun but you're still able to keep it in good cond.

So if you spend 500$ on a gun then you would baby it for five months.
Now after that five months is over the gun then moves up in status...
IF it's reliable, durable and loved enough.It becomes either a night stand gun. It then spends five months in this position.
If you have other guns that work just as well you can rotate them.
That way one gun isn't getting all the wear and tear.
After another five months you could move the gun up in rank again.
As a concealed carry weapon for five months.
And finally to a open carry or service/duty weapon.
Then after that it becomes the perfect weapon.
A super reliable work horse of a gun.

The only stage after this is beater but hopefully it won't come to that.
__________________
Heckler&Koch Club Member-115
Snubbie Club Member-636
Black Rifle Club Member-761
Kalashnikov Klub Member-761
RTN Club Member-171-Moonie
GreyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41   #35
Larry V
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Solon Ohio , Suburb of Cleveland
Posts: 1,279
Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinOSX View Post
P220's have always been problematic and the latest versions especially so. The guy who ran Kimber now runs Sig and has put much cheaper parts in everything and external extractors that have issues. They are no longer a premium brand like HK. For a great comparison of the 21SF, M&P .45, and HK 45 go here;
http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0&page=2#76683
I prefer an External Extractor.I have 3 Sig P220's and they are working great so far. HK has External Extractors. Sig was having problems with their Internal extractors thats why they went to External.The guy From Kimber is a dope for sure, But the 6 sigs I have bought new in the past 2 years have been Fine.
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:25   #36
Big_Grumpy
Go Cheese!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 567
Sorry guys.... I couldn't justify it. I went with a brand new M&P AND a TLR-2. And I STILL came in about $200 less than an HK45.

Heckler & Koch Forum

Maybe someday when I have money to burn, I'll get that HK.
__________________
Please try again in 8 seconds...

Last edited by Big_Grumpy; 03-18-2010 at 09:26..
Big_Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:12   #37
therepublic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,556
$875. From my personal experience I haven't noticed anything to justify purchasing one above this price.
therepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:11   #38
Buzzo
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
I wouldn't buy a new one. You can save a couple hundred buying a used one.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 17:55   #39
Larry V
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Solon Ohio , Suburb of Cleveland
Posts: 1,279
Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooouter View Post
I had trouble finding one when I was ready to buy a couple of weeks ago. Ended up going through Davidson's. Got it for $950 total. Not a great price, I could have saved $75-100 had I been more patient. I never tried CDNN, but in retrospect I should have. Buying through Davidson's was easy, just did it all from their web site and picked it up at the lowest cost dealer in my area.

I looked on the forums, only found two that were lightly used and both were in the $900-$950 range so I just went ahead and bought new.

Do you have to have an FFL to buy fromCDNN?
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 18:32   #40
01deuce
Member
 
01deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
Do you have to have an FFL to buy fromCDNN?

No, just an FFL to have it transfered to.
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 19:01   #41
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
The HK45 is really a beast, and feels great. They did a hell of a job on that gun. I couldn't see them winning the joint service pistol contract at the cost. I'm sure the hard edged folk and para military forces will be using this pistol.
__________________
Hello!
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 19:46   #42
furioso2112
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,609
Considering the price of ammo vs. price of gun, I can't really get too bothered by paying a lot for a gun, provided I get a quality gun at a competitive price (not talking about paying $1000 for a stock Glock, talking about paying 900 for a HK45 vs 500 for a Glock - both are great guns, and the prices are reasonable compared to the market).
__________________
Madness is like gravity; all it needs is a little push.
(The Joker)
furioso2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 14:03   #43
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
Forgot to add Id pay whatever as long as it was no more than average discounted price. I think around here they are 1029. I saw one, but looked away. Sometimes staring for too long can get me to do crazy things.

Edit: Nice M&P.
__________________
Hello!

Last edited by Chonny; 04-11-2010 at 14:04..
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 15:55   #44
HAMMERHEAD
Senior Member
 
HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,709
It's too late, he had his chance and he blew it.
Smith and Wesson, my goodness!
HAMMERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 16:30   #45
Todesengel
No Compromise.
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 691
I've seen them NIB for $850 + tax at the local gun show. I would pay a little more online if they had the LEM since it would cost around $100 to convert it.
Todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 00:04   #46
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEclipse View Post
I have a method for that.

For every hundred dollars you spend on a gun you have to baby it a month.
You keep it in the safe, take it to the range once a month.
Make sure it get's the good ammo and clean it accordingly.
This way you break in the gun but you're still able to keep it in good cond.

So if you spend 500$ on a gun then you would baby it for five months.
Now after that five months is over the gun then moves up in status...
IF it's reliable, durable and loved enough.It becomes either a night stand gun. It then spends five months in this position.
If you have other guns that work just as well you can rotate them.
That way one gun isn't getting all the wear and tear.
After another five months you could move the gun up in rank again.
As a concealed carry weapon for five months.
And finally to a open carry or service/duty weapon.
Then after that it becomes the perfect weapon.
A super reliable work horse of a gun.

The only stage after this is beater but hopefully it won't come to that.
I love this!
__________________
Hello!
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:38.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,647
512 Members
1,135 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42