Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:58   #1
alexanderg23

Thinking about buying this

I have never owned an AK but, my local gun shop has some Hungarian 7.62 side folders for sale,(new condition), and have 2 pistol grips on them, one on the front one on the back.
I think they say they are from Century arms or something like that maybe in St. Paul MN I don't really get it, are they imported and then stamped again.
Oh yeah they are $399. I figured for that price it would be fun to play with. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-26-2010, 20:55   #2
Aceman

Generally speaking, I don't recommend an AMD-65 (Hungarian AK) for first experience. Don't get me wrong - very cool gun, unique, interesting. However:

#1 Short barrel - as if AK's were that accurate to start with
#2 Muzzle device ingeniously devised to both blind and deafen the shooter
#3 Wire side folder - just not fun for shooting for any length of time (but is sturdy and a left folder - bonus if there is an optics rail...but I doubt it)
#4 Forward grip / mag issues - just not the best with 30 round mags. They did get the angle correct (odd as it may look) but I also had the ergo on it. Way better grips out there - not that I know they can go on there easily.

This is an AK meant for use by truck drivers / armored troops. People who had either a bunch of guys with full size AK's or a canon as a primary weapon.

But - $399 is a good price, and if you are just looking for something fun, that would be it. 20 round mags take care of the for grip issue, and you can use an ultimak rail to mount an optic. As for play with - if you mean to mod it...I don't know that there is much you can do. A WASR 10 (Romanian) will be cheaper and infinitely more modifiable.

Ones with FEG receivers are preferred - but any will work.

Last edited by Aceman; 02-26-2010 at 20:58..
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 13:31   #3
alexanderg23

Well thanks alot for the reply I do appreciate it. I went ahead and put $100 down on it and will pick it up in a few weeks I figured I'd have some fun with it and just keep for friends to shoot and stuff.

Thanks