Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2010, 21:04   #1
bravorigging

child support

This is probably a sore subject for a lot a guys and maybe gals,but i have my 2 sons living with me and the ex moved out of state,her income is double mine and I still have to pay cs.This is after we both went to a lawyer and agreed that she wanted no cs from me and she would help with the additional bills i will incur.Well i have not seen a dime and barely getting buy.She quit a great job to take another out of state,her boyfriend also somehow landed a job in the same erea.I dont think she was thinking of her carrer when she made her decision to move away.Should i get a lawyer ? Any help would be appreciated.
bravorigging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 21:27   #2
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravorigging View Post
Should i get a lawyer ?
yes..

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45   #3
Omaha-BeenGlockin

If you have custody----she should be paying through the nose----my child support payment is more than my house payment---what's good for the goose is good for the gander and vice versa. I'm not complaining and see my youngster all the time---but whats fair is fair.
Weve taken care of everything. The words you hear the songs you sing. The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. Its one for all and all for one. We work together common sons. Never need to wonder how or why. Obama/Hillary---originally written by Neil Peart
Omaha-BeenGlockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35   #4
BleedNOrange
Go Vols

Quote:
This is probably a sore subject for a lot a guys and maybe gals,but i have my 2 sons living with me and the ex moved out of state,her income is double mine and I still have to pay cs.This is after we both went to a lawyer and agreed that she wanted no cs from me and she would help with the additional bills i will incur.Well i have not seen a dime and barely getting buy.She quit a great job to take another out of state,her boyfriend also somehow landed a job in the same erea.I dont think she was thinking of her carrer when she made her decision to move away.Should i get a lawyer ? Any help would be appreciated.
YES....If you have custody and they stay with you the majority of the time you should not be the one paying CS. Do you have custody?, or do they just "live" with you? Either way you need an attorney.

Last edited by BleedNOrange; 03-11-2010 at 11:37..
BleedNOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18   #5
glenn
Big-Dawg 1341

God Damn Right you should!!!
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:10   #6
themighty9mm

definatly I pay more than what I think is my fair share. She should 2
themighty9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 14:17   #7
Street Cruiser

A lawyer is definitely a good idea to protect yourself. What I have seen in my experience dealing with these issues is that the father tends to punished while the mother gets rewarded for mutual decisions. I've seen many times where the judge makes up case law instead of following what's on the books. While I believe that both spouses should pay their fair share neither party should have to live like a pauper because they can't get along.
Street Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 14:33   #8
smokin762

Quote:
Did your children want to move in with you instead of living with their mom, or did she turn over the custody to you?

You might want it in writing through the courts that the children will be living with you on a permanent basis.

If your kids are living with you and your ex is still receiving child support for the kids, then yes, you should talk with an attorney about how to get it stopped and how to start collecting it from her.

It sounds like she may owe you back child support as well. From the time, your kids moved in with you to present. It may be worthwhile to check in to that also.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 15:26   #9
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Agreed ...

with Smokin above. The golden rule is to document and move it to the CSEA (Man Haters) with a lawyer (if you can afford it). I am currently unemployed (1.5 yrs now) with my UI cut off by the vote in congress and they raised my child support.

Here in Ohio men have very limited rights that get stomped on if not fought for. CSEA always trumps the court unless proven incorrect (they are never wrong ). CYA 100% of the time.

SPIN2010
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 16:35   #10
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
with Smokin above. The golden rule is to document and move it to the CSEA (Man Haters) with a lawyer (if you can afford it). I am currently unemployed (1.5 yrs now) with my UI cut off by the vote in congress and they raised my child support.

Here in Ohio men have very limited rights that get stomped on if not fought for. CSEA always trumps the court unless proven incorrect (they are never wrong ). CYA 100% of the time.

SPIN2010
CESA (Man Haters). You got that right.

When my ex and I went to CESA, to take care of the child support, they asked me why I changed jobs. I told them the truth, I felt the company was not doing well and I feared I would loose my job so I found another one (which they did go out of business shortly after I left).

My new job at that time was a $1.00 an hour less. The caseworker asked my ex if she was okay with that or if she felt I should get a part time job to make up the difference. Unbelievable.

Last year I was on rolling layoffs. I am paid biweekly. When the Company would lay us off they would make sure it was just one of the two weeks, for a while I was only working every other week. They did this so that at least our medical coverage and child support would be paid without any gaps. This was somewhat cool of them.

CESA caught wind that I was getting unemployment. They wanted their share too.

I called the caseworker and talked with them. I told them I was not behind on the child support and I explained what was happening.

I told them that if they take out child support from my unemployment that it would be double dipping and that was not right. I got the “It’s in the best interest of the child” story.

Finally, after talking with a couple of people, they said they would remove the withholding order but would keep a close eye on it.

They act as if every dad is a dead beat.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45   #11
stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
God Damn Right you should!!!
GOD's last name is not Damn, you IDIOT
stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21   #12
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker View Post
GOD's last name is not Damn, you IDIOT
Get a grip

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:24   #13
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Men rape women.
Courts rape men.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 19:55   #14
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Men rape women.
Courts rape men.
Unfortunately, you are correct. It is shocking to see that the Court System views every man as a deadbeat dad.

Now, if a woman rapes a man… Never mind. You cannot rape the willing and it may only be my fantasy.
Old 11-29-2010, 17:19   #15
tnoisaw

I'm still owed about 30 g's in back support and one of my kids in almost 30. I had full physical and legal custody of my two kids. I caused so much flack when my ex was not paying that I managed to get a conference call between the state child support people and my Senator's office. It lit a fire under the child support people.

Yes, fight it. If you have custody then it sounds like she owes you back support.
tnoisaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 21:45   #16
anxietycoachjohn

Yeah. I think you should.
anxietycoachjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 19:31   #17
TexasVine

Do your part in proper documentation and hire a good lawyer. You will prevail.
Old 02-25-2011, 19:59   #18
robin303
Helicopter Nut

Here in Texas just call the State Attorney. They hate dead beat parents. I took my ex wife to court and the 1st thing the judge did was sentence her to 10 days in jail. Try this first because I bet it is free then if that don't work get a lawyer. Good luck to you.
Old 02-27-2011, 20:07   #19
BK63

I hear the phrase "deadbeat dad" so much it makes me wonder why nobody realizes there are "deadbeat moms" out there too. When my ex took off, (very long time ago) I was left to raise two small kids by myself. Later in court that worked against her. I kept them and she was ordered to pay child support which she never paid. I didn't care much as long as I wasn't paying out the nose to her. It really is unfair, "in the best interest of the child" crap and all, and you live like a pauper. She did things for them but to this day not very much. They are grown now after my 16 years of taking care of them but I feel for ya. I know a guy that had to pay a combined 1200 a month for child support and alimony for just 2 kids. He had to move in with a friend he was so broke. Somethin is wrong there. Get a lawyer, and good luck. Lots of us have been in those tough times.
BK63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 15:37   #20
mojo230

It would depend on state law. Here in TN I have done child support orders where the primary residential parent pays the other child support due to our crappy child support law.
S & W bodyguard .380
mojo230 is offline   Reply With Quote