Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07   #1
glocksicle

Hello ladies need some help here

Hello i live in ohio im married with two boy ive had my concealed carry liscense for two years now and go to the range every chance i get here is my issue i try to get my wife to go with me to get her familiar with shooting my guns in case she has to use them while im not home problem is she dont like the guns and dont like to go. Another issue im having is trying to get her to go get her permit but the same issues as before are stopping her from doing that also. I just read Mrskitty's thread and feel very strongly that now more than ever she needs to get her permit so she can protect herself if needed she wakes up and leaves for work at 4:30 in the morning and is out late sometimes without me please help me convince her that people are doing desperate things in this day and age and she need to protect herself.

Thanks
glocksicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30   #2
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Have her read This thread also. If she still doesn't want to thyen it's best not to keep pushing her. She may come around on her own over time.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 18:48   #3
daddybass

Check around and find a group with some women who do shooting. Get to know a guy and his wife who shoot and have them over sometime for dinner. Let them know your concern and that you're hoping your wife will catch on. Sometimes women see other women who do shooting and it helps them get more comfortable with the idea. Let them talk some.
daddybass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 20:13   #4
sawgrass

Maybe it would help if she read some of these threads for herself.
Look up corneredcat, a gun thread focused on women.
There isn't a woman alive who doesn't understand the threats
women face. Your wife isn't any different. Give her a chance, give
her the choice. It has to be hers.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:39   #5
rboatright

Find a qualified woman trainer.

Arrange a private session with you NOT THERE, you can take her, but then, you go the hell away. Explain to the woman trainer what her issues are before you start.

You're the worst person in the world to teach her.

If there's a regular women's GROUP in the area, (ask at all the various ranges if there is) try to get her to go that THAT at least once.

If she won't go to the private session at the range with a woman trainer, pay the woman to come over to the house and have a chat with her. Then, when they get sat down together, LEAVE.
rboatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:33   #6
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

Find out EXACTLY why she doesn't like the guns/doesn't like the range. Address that issue(s). Maybe she just doesn't like your particular firearms - find a place that will let her rent others. Maybe she thinks firearms are demonically possessed and go off by themselves. Maybe she just doesn't like the noise - wear earplugs AND muffs - maybe she CAN'T hear your directions with all that on - get electronic muffs. Maybe she would just be more comfortable learning from another woman (men are weird, and get impatient about unpredictable things, and expect us to know stuff we've never had the opportunity to learn, or think we know absolutely nothing and treat us like idiots, blah blah blah) - find a female instructor and leave. Maybe she thinks she wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on an attacker - this is cause for a lot of discussion - if she can't do it for herself, can she learn how for the sake of her sons? If you can't get her to do the gun thing yet, can you at least get her into an empty hand martial art? When one does that, eventually one realizes that bringing a punch to a gunfight/stalking cougar is insufficient... and one tends to add tools - at least I did.

Mrs.Cicero

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08   #7
Linda

You can not force someone to do something that they don't want to do! Who knows, somewhere along the way, something may spark her interest. But the last thing you want is someone carrying a gun who is unwilling or unable to pull the trigger in a defensive situation.

Go to www.BuckeyeFirearms.org and search for some of the articles that I've written. Some of those she may find of interest. Put "Linda Walker" in the search button and see what you come up with for her.
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor/Ohio CCW Instructor
NRA Endowment Member
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 14:29   #8
khicks

had same problem with my wife for over 30 years. i was able to get her to go to a Lady's night at the local range(woman instructors, and only woman on the range at that time) with some lady Friends from church, classes went well and now my wife has her permit to carry, and looking for her carry gun in hello kitty pink
khicks is offline   Reply With Quote