Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2010, 16:23   #1
VICARA

Yet Another CAR Thread (Made in Japan, Germany, USA, Korea)

As many are aware of the ongoing woes of Toyota, I’m wondering what’s going on with other car makers mainly the big 3’s? And what’s in for us consumers thinking of a new car purchase. I heard Ford is making a kill out Toyota’s miseries, GM is improving but Chrysler is not moving. Is it?

Ok, just a recap: It’s the mass global recall of their cars (as in 9 million?) due to problems with accelerator pedals sticking and floor mats that can become entangled with the gas pedal. Marami na patay. As of last month, they are now behind several competitors i.e. Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, GMC, Chevrolet, Subaru, etc what with almost 10% drop in sales.

On the other hand, if one retains an unfazed confidence to the brand, and contemplating a new purchase, this might be a good timing to do so. I for one believe that Toyota will come out from this mess with better quality and value in their cars. They just have to endure the onslaught of lawsuits from angry, sue-happy consumers. Tiba-tiba mga lawyers ngayon…happy days are here again, ‘ika nga.

Soo…..you still consider Toyota for a next car? Did you know that today Nissan also announced their own recall of 540K vehicles? Yesterday, GM did the same for over 1.3 million cars.

Germans/Koreans must be silently smiling and now set in motion a plan to seize this opportunity and try to expand their market shares. Hala bira!
BOG #575
...focusing on an object, and holding it in consciousness, to meditate on it
VICARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 18:41   #2
bulm540

GM? - Government Motors
Old 03-03-2010, 19:20   #3
Kaiser Soze
Notorious

I was just watching that hottie Robin Meade this morning, and I saw something about Nissan also doing a recall of their cars?

"Do unto others as they do unto you...but do it FIRST!"

S.O.E. Tambay #7
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 20:50   #4
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

ill still consider toyota's

but if i got rich, or won in a lotto ill buy a benz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 21:40   #5
isuzu

Yes, I'll still buy a Toyota, but for pick up trucks, I'll buy the cheapest Isuzu DMax with a 2.5 liter engine. I saw on the news that Nissan is recalling the Armada, Q56 and several other vehicles for a loose pin on the brake pedal. Honda also has had a massive recall of their vehicles due to faulty air bags.

BTW, the Sienna is being recalled for leaking oil lines.

I think every car manufacturer has its share of recalls.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova

Last edited by isuzu; 03-04-2010 at 07:08..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 00:40   #6
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
the only time i remember toyota phils made a recall when they replaced the brake master of either echo or the verzo.

Commercial motor philippines made a silent recall years ago when they added a scope for the air cleaner of MB100. We had unit serviced then pagbalik meron na.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:46   #7
VICARA

Pinay lost her husband and kids last year when their Lexus suddenly zoomed to over 100 MPH in the freeway.

her testimony at the US Congress was heartbreaking you almost want to wail. or try this

Sana Lexus SUV wala problema...teka, is Honda doing recalls too?
BOG #575

Last edited by VICARA; 03-04-2010 at 01:51..
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42   #8
ppts799
Daisho

toyota had a problem with the inova around 3 years ago. i forgot what part they were suppose to change but they sent us letters to bring the inova in for free part replacement.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09   #9
lakay

from uncle john's bathroom reader:

DODGE:Drips Oil & Drops Grease Everywhere

HONDA: Had One, Never Did Again

SAAB : Still Aint' A Beemer

AUDI: Another Ugly Deutsche Invention

VOLVO: Very Odd-Looking Vehicular Object

FORD: Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
FIAT: Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation
BMW: Bring More Wrenches

ACURA: Another Crummy, Useless, Rotten Automobile

OLDSMOBILE: Old Ladies Driving Slowly Making Others Behind Insanely Late Everyday

GM: General Maintenance
PORSCHE: Proof Of Rich, Spoiled Children Having Everything
CHEVROLET: Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips

AMC: Another Major Catastrophe

MGB: Might Go Backwards

and finally ........

TOYOTA: The One You Ought To Avoid....
lakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:41   #10
zorkd

Send a message via ICQ to zorkd Send a message via AIM to zorkd Send a message via Yahoo to zorkd
i just bought a toyota, but this one is pre owned so it came out before all the recalls.
zorkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17   #11
mtho

I have a problem with my super grandia, the power steering fluid has been leaking out. i brought it to toyota quezon ave last feb 8 and got it back last feb 25. driving from quezon ave to san francisco,delmonte naubos nanaman yung power steering fluid. lumala pa ata. any advise on what to do?
mtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:38   #12
jasonub

firstly ill buy toyota anytime.

As for the big three its toyota as the biggest since last year or 2 iirc. thus di na big 3 ang gm ford and chysler. its toyota, gm , ford
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48   #13
VICARA

more headaches for Toyota!
and this is just the start.

The Big Three, as they are affectionately named, mostly refers to 3 major American automotive companies . In the global scene, Big 3's might not even include Ford, GM or Chrysler. But I bet Japanese are on the top of the heap shared by Germans, Koreans and Italians.

And yes, I still trust Toyota/Lexus name, so much so, we upgraded to a hybrid 450h.
BOG #575
Old 03-04-2010, 13:01   #14
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Honestly I think the media is making a HUGE deal about all this. Lets think. Before the bailout, the media would go all out on the Big 3 because they were actually HONEST. NOW, the goverment has bought Chrysler and GM. Now, the goverment ALSO pretty much owns the media. Who is a large competetor of the Big 3? Toyota. Who does the government now own? Chrysler and GM. My thinking is the media is making a way bigger deal then needs to be made about this to earn brownie points from BHO.

And yes, for the record, I would COMPLETELY consider buying a Toyota for my first car. Most likely a Tacoma. Honestly, if you're so ignorant and blind as to how a car works, cant put 2+2 together, and don't realize that putting the vehicle in neutral will rev the engine and allow you to stop, you need to read something along the lines of, "The First Graders guide to how cars work" before you EVER drive again.
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 17:27   #15
bisoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppts799 View Post
toyota had a problem with the inova around 3 years ago. i forgot what part they were suppose to change but they sent us letters to bring the inova in for free part replacement.
axle ata ang pinalitan.
bisoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 17:28   #16
bisoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtho View Post
I have a problem with my super grandia, the power steering fluid has been leaking out. i brought it to toyota quezon ave last feb 8 and got it back last feb 25. driving from quezon ave to san francisco,delmonte naubos nanaman yung power steering fluid. lumala pa ata. any advise on what to do?
ano daw ang problema? nasaan ang leak? leaks can be as simple as changing the clamps or crimping or changing hoses or oil seals to as bad as may bara sa loob kaya nag high pressure and it's looking for the weakest part para ilabas nya ang pressure.
Old 03-04-2010, 17:30   #17
bisoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakay View Post
from uncle john's bathroom reader:

DODGE:Drips Oil & Drops Grease Everywhere

HONDA: Had One, Never Did Again

SAAB : Still Aint' A Beemer

AUDI: Another Ugly Deutsche Invention

VOLVO: Very Odd-Looking Vehicular Object

FORD: Frequent Overhaul, Rapid Deterioration
FIAT: Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation
BMW: Bring More Wrenches

ACURA: Another Crummy, Useless, Rotten Automobile

OLDSMOBILE: Old Ladies Driving Slowly Making Others Behind Insanely Late Everyday

GM: General Maintenance
PORSCHE: Proof Of Rich, Spoiled Children Having Everything
CHEVROLET: Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips

AMC: Another Major Catastrophe

MGB: Might Go Backwards

and finally ........

TOYOTA: The One You Ought To Avoid....

hahahaha nice!
Old 03-04-2010, 17:30   #18
bisoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkd View Post
i just bought a toyota, but this one is pre owned so it came out before all the recalls.
what model did you buy?
Old 03-04-2010, 18:11   #19
batangueno
Shock Resist

For peace of mind, i'm not going to buy a toyota anymore. Marami naman ibang pagpipilian so why risk it.
batangueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 19:19   #20
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisoy View Post
ano daw ang problema? nasaan ang leak? leaks can be as simple as changing the clamps or crimping or changing hoses or oil seals to as bad as may bara sa loob kaya nag high pressure and it's looking for the weakest part para ilabas nya ang pressure.
agree with bisoy here baka hose or clamp madalas yan ang source ng leak unless binanga mo yung sasakyan nyo na para madamage yung internals.

Before yan din ang sakit ng mga MB100 dito panay ang palit namin ng power steering line lagi may leak yung hose so ang ginawa namin dinala namin yung power steering line sa mga nagbebenta ng hydraulic hose para sa mga heavy equipment doon kami bumili ng hose at nagpa crimp.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote