Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2010, 18:30   #1
DrtyHarry

Full picatinny rail or not?

I just don't know what configuration to pick it up in. He has a 20, 20sf, 20sf with a full picatinny rail, as well as a 29. Does anyone have a picture of a 20 or a 21 with a full picatinny rail? He has the standard Glock rail, I saw a pic a while back and thought the picatinny rail looked nice and aggressive.

I'm not that concerned about finding a comfy IWB holster for it as this will be my woods/hunting pistol project. I just hope I don't end up leaving the store tmro with both a 20 and a 29! (I got the 10mm bug)

DH
Old 03-03-2010, 19:13   #2
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
I just don't know what configuration to pick it up in. He has a 20, 20sf, 20sf with a full picatinny rail, as well as a 29. Does anyone have a picture of a 20 or a 21 with a full picatinny rail? He has the standard Glock rail, I saw a pic a while back and thought the picatinny rail looked nice and aggressive.

I'm not that concerned about finding a comfy IWB holster for it as this will be my woods/hunting pistol project. I just hope I don't end up leaving the store tmro with both a 20 and a 29! (I got the 10mm bug)

DH
I might be mistaken, but I believe that the G20 is only available in either the 'regular' frame or the SF frame - there are no picatinny rails, ambi mag releases or RTF2 frames for the G20.
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 19:27   #3
DrtyHarry

Hmm...interesting. He said he had 4 G20s, one had the full pic rail. I guess I'll find out tmro/over the weekend and let you know. Thanks!

DH
Old 03-03-2010, 21:30   #4
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
Hmm...interesting. He said he had 4 G20s, one had the full pic rail. I guess I'll find out tmro/over the weekend and let you know. Thanks!

DH
My guess is that they are G21 .45s - possibly with 10mm conversion barrels.
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 15:36   #5
DrtyHarry

Nope. He didn't have a 20sf with the pic rail, he was wrong so I was misinformed.

In any case, he apologized and hooked me up by letting me walk out the door with it for $499 + tax (blue label and 3 mags). Now, time to call DT for some ammo. Thanks for the help guys, this is my 3rd Glock and I fear it wont be my last!!

DH