Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2010, 21:25   #1
JTknives

LW Barrel & Comp review.

Well today i received my 10mm LW barrel and comp. I am a machinist by trade so i have a picky eye. I must say there barrel is top notch and i am very pleased with it. the fit and finish of all the turning work on it is great and i could not be happier. I i did not know better i would say the glock barrel was the cheep aftermarket. its just first class all the way. Then Comp is also good, the mating of the threads to the barrel are great and there is a solid lock up with the set screw. There are some tooling marks from turning on the front and rear of the comp. I personally would not let a part go out like that but i also understand that it does happen and it takes time and money to make one perfect. other then that the rest of the milling on the comp is really great and looks very good. I will be testing them out this weekend and will record some video with and with out comp so you can get an idea how well it works. i will then post them here and my thoughts. I must say that for the money you get an excellent product that should be worth way more.
JTknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:29   #2
DrtyHarry

Looking forward to pics, video, and your review!

DH
Old 03-12-2010, 20:04   #3
JTknives

One thing i noticed was the Lone wolf logo, its not bad per say but the laser etching was not crisp and when you would fee it with the fingers it felt rough. also it was bead blasted to hide any tool marks. i quickly decided that the bead blast finish had to go. so i sanded it with 600 grit sandpaper and man it looks like a million bucks. even the LW logo looks good.
JTknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:37   #4
lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTknives View Post
One thing i noticed was the Lone wolf logo, its not bad per say but the laser etching was not crisp and when you would fee it with the fingers it felt rough. also it was bead blasted to hide any tool marks. i quickly decided that the bead blast finish had to go. so i sanded it with 600 grit sandpaper and man it looks like a million bucks. even the LW logo looks good.
I always paid the extra $10 to have them put it on the bottom of the barrel. I think the logo is a bit gaudy on an all-business gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by lunker; 03-13-2010 at 08:38..
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote