GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 16:08   #1
taters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mays landing nj
Posts: 434
shooting the sig

took my new 229 to the range today. i put 200 rounds through it. not one hic cup.. i don't know which is more accurate my 220 or this229. i will have to take them both to the range at the same time...probably just splitting hairs though. i am gonna get the 232 in may. then i am done . for a while at least. used to be a glock guy and a .45 guy. but the 9mm and sig have won me over.of course i have to get a sig 1911 to complete the collection and then i am done for sure. i think
__________________
taters
taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 00:18   #2
steve1911
Senior Member
 
steve1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,884
Congrats on your 229.

1911club#410
__________________
html
steve1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:51   #3
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by taters View Post
took my new 229 to the range today. i put 200 rounds through it. not one hic cup.. i don't know which is more accurate my 220 or this229. i will have to take them both to the range at the same time...probably just splitting hairs though. i am gonna get the 232 in may. then i am done . for a while at least. used to be a glock guy and a .45 guy. but the 9mm and sig have won me over.of course i have to get a sig 1911 to complete the collection and then i am done for sure. i think
The 229 is a great choice! Make sure you keep the rails greased.

Also, you may want to reconsider getting a SIG 1911 though. There are better 1911s to be had than a SIG.

And yes, I have a few...


The Sig Sauer Club


.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:32   #4
taters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mays landing nj
Posts: 434
maybe a s&w 1911. but i heard that the sig 1911 has all the glitches fixed. but it will be a while before i get one. gott get the 232 in a couple of months....
__________________
taters
taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 15:39   #5
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by taters View Post

Maybe a S&W 1911. but I heard that the sig 1911 has all the glitches fixed; but it will be a while before I get one. I have to get the 232 in a couple of months....
Anyway...

You may have difficulties in getting a holster that fits the SIG 1911 properly. I have been told, the SIG is a bastard-child 1911.

Good luck.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 16:44   #6
dpadams6
Senior Member
 
dpadams6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,262
wow cobra!!!!!!!!! those are some fine looking guns....which one u like the best.? looks like you got all of them from 232 up to the 220....
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 17:46   #7
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
wow cobra!!!!!!!!! those are some fine looking guns....which one u like the best.? looks like you got all of them from 232 up to the 220....
Thanks. I would have to say my seven year old the P226ST is my favorite. It's a sweet shooter with 20k on the clock.


The Sig Sauer Club





It's even sweeter with proprietary SRT, action work, and a few other goodies.


The Sig Sauer Club


The Sig Sauer Club


The Sig Sauer Club





When it finally dies, I have a spare (still un-shot, in the box)...


The Sig Sauer Club


.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:53   #8
SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 790
Cobra said...
"When it finally dies, I have a spare (still un-shot, in the box)..."

That poor sig (your spare)is never gonna get shot. My 226 after 20+ years and many thousands of rounds hardly even looks used. Absolutely no frame rail wear and very minimal wear and tear. Springs do need changing every few years but thats all I've done and it has never malfunctioned. never.

The Sig Sauer Club
SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:56   #9
mesteve2
Senior Member
 
mesteve2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,859
I see no use for the rail on pistols.

I would only add TFO Night Sights to a pistol.

I would pay extra for a non-rail gun!
__________________


State of Texas Master Peace Officer
State of Texas Private Security Officer Instructor
State of Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor
mesteve2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42   #10
Never Nervous
Senior Member
 
Never Nervous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Metro ATL
Posts: 2,295
Nice looking guns Cobra. When I bought my Sig 522 last night, the guy at the gun shop showed me a brand new P225. He said Sig made a few new ones a while ago. If you need anything like spare parts for that model, get it now. It will be discontinued shortly. They wanted $839.00 for the P225.
__________________
Scientist say the universe is made up of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons. They forgot to mention Morons.
Never Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36   #11
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesteve2 View Post
I see no use for the rail on pistols.

I would only add TFO Night Sights to a pistol.

I would pay extra for a non-rail gun!
I agree to a point. My nightstand P220ST has a rail (that's the only way it was available at the time) and I have a light on it... so that's okay, but I spent $300 having the rail removed from my P226ST (shown in post #7 above).

The trigger guard lug is another annoying, worthless doo-dad found on too many pistols.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37   #12
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Nervous View Post
Nice looking guns Cobra. When I bought my Sig 522 last night, the guy at the gun shop showed me a brand new P225. He said Sig made a few new ones a while ago. If you need anything like spare parts for that model, get it now. It will be discontinued shortly. They wanted $839.00 for the P225.
The 225 is a classic.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:57.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,036
314 Members
722 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31