Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:12   #1
JackFunTeach

G21 SF Trigger Problem

Hi, I'm a newbie to Glocks. Always wanted one, and now have several. They are the best guns I've ever owned.

One problem: G21 SF. When I squeeze the trigger, the trigger bar goes back and hits the connector, making an abrupt stop, or bump, then, after it "hits" the connector abruptly, then it smoothly rides the curve of the trigger bar and smoothly goes to the break. Pardon my lack of terminology, I am from the Sig Sauer Camp, and just converted to Glock.

I checked my G30 and G34, and the trigger bar hits the connector up higher on the curve of the bar, not the anywhere as close to the end of the bar as does the G21SF. They happen to be non SF and they ride the curve of the trigger bar smooth as can be. Only my 21 SF hits at the end and "bumps" like a speed bump untill it rides smoothly to the break.

I have tried a the 3.5 and it helped, but still get the "creep bump."

I have tried polishing and it helped, but I suspect a positioning problem of the contact points of the bar and the connector.

After the above attempts to fix, I can almost live with this, but it does not seem right. Anyone else have a non smooth trigger on their G21SF? Or is this a SF problem? And if so, does Glock have a fix?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions,

Jack

Last edited by JackFunTeach; 03-07-2010 at 07:41.. Reason: more details
JackFunTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18   #2
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

I'd replace the trigger bar assy
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:22   #3
JackFunTeach

New Trigger Assembly

I thought about this, too.

Is this an inherrent problem with 21 SF or SFs in general?

Does Glock recognize this problem? I think I read a thread about a new trigger assembly that is for the SFs. I just can't seem to locate it again. I've used the search. Can anyone help? I plan to call Glock Monday.

Jack
Old 03-07-2010, 11:25   #4
mteagle1

There is a new trigger bar assy for the G30SF/21SF 4256 -1- carried by a GT sponsor Glockparts.com. There is a DVD "Making Glock's Rock" where the armorer stones the end of the trigger bar to remove any stamping irregularities but DO NOT CHANGE THE ANGLE ON THE END OF THE TRIGGER BAR.
101st Airborne 1957-60
USAF 1961-80 Retired
mteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03   #5
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFunTeach View Post
I thought about this, too.

Is this an inherrent problem with 21 SF or SFs in general?

Does Glock recognize this problem? I think I read a thread about a new trigger assembly that is for the SFs. I just can't seem to locate it again. I've used the search. Can anyone help? I plan to call Glock Monday.

Jack
Glockmeister, Brownells, Lone Wolf, Glock Parts, all these parts suppliers sell the trigger bar assy.
You want part number "4256-1-"
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 20:51   #6
JackFunTeach

Connector may be the culpert, too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Glockmeister, Brownells, Lone Wolf, Glock Parts, all these parts suppliers sell the trigger bar assy.
You want part number "4256-1-"
I took out the scherer 3.5 connector, and tried my buddies Wolf 3.5. It was better, but still not smooth. I was still getting a slight "speed bump". Then, I tried the stock, and it seemed to be fine. I am still going to call Glock and get the 4256-1.

Isn't the 4256-1 for the SF FTRTB. My seems to return to Full Battery. It may just be that the SF just does not work well with aftermarket 3.5 connectors. The 3 or 4 mm tighter fit of the connector may be in a position such that it will not contact the right angle of the trigger bar as it does regular (non sfs). So, I need to ask if anyone with an SF has a 3.5 connector that rides the trigger bar smoothly?

Thanks for all the above suggestions and information regarding the 4246-1. I'm going to order it no matter what. From what I've read, many have seem to question if there is any difference from the regular 4256 and the -1. I'm learning here so pardon my newbieness.

Jack

Last edited by JackFunTeach; 03-07-2010 at 22:39..
Old 03-11-2010, 20:04   #7
fastbolt

You might consider having your G21SF checked by a local Glock armorer.

If there's some tension in the trigger bar's movement it also pays to check the engagement of the trigger bar's vertical extension which engages the firing pin safety plunger.

The engagement between the bar's extension and safety plunger, as well as the engagement between the plunger and the firing pin, looking for excessive and unwanted contact between them, might need to be checked. Also, checking the freedom of movement of the firing pin safety (and its spring) may be helpful. Dunno. Not there to look at the gun in person.

FWIW, I've been told by Glock that the current recommended application for the 4256 -1- trigger bar is only for the G30/30SF, and the 4256 -1 is for the G21/21SF models. At this time, anyway. It's hard to keep up with some of the revisions and changes among the different manufacturers, including Glock.

Naturally, bear in mind that "Glock's fix" to any perceived problem would include the use of stock factory parts intended for the model being discussed.

I think I'm due to again update my Glock armorer cert later this year, and I've been told that there's a lot of interesting changes to learn about in the new G4 guns. I haven't had the chance to handle any of them yet.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer

Last edited by fastbolt; 03-11-2010 at 20:06..
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote