Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2010, 16:18   #1
nickh007
NRA Member

Where do you keep your weapon in the bedroom?

I was thinking about this the other day. In my house there is 2 adults, no kids so I don't have to worry about it getting in the wrong hands. I don't have a nightstand with drawers. Right now I keep my Glock 22 in a holster and a Inova X5 flashlight in one of those plastic filing cabinets with 3 drawers in the closet. I wished it was a little bit easier to access. Were do you guys keep your weapons in the bedroom?

Glock 23
nickh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 16:24   #2
telecster

On the nightstand next to a flashlight
telecster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 16:26   #3
lbckid19

nightstand with 124 grain gold dots and gerber cornea flashlight
lbckid19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 17:58   #4
btmj

One thing you could do is buy an inexpensive fobus kydex holster (paddle or belt), and screw the holster to the underside of the bed frame... or any other accessible place. The wall on the inside of a closet also comes to mind.
btmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 18:36   #5
bnkrtstk

Which one?
bnkrtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 19:42   #6
nickh007
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj View Post
One thing you could do is buy an inexpensive fobus kydex holster (paddle or belt), and screw the holster to the underside of the bed frame... or any other accessible place. The wall on the inside of a closet also comes to mind.
thats a cool idea. I might have to try that

Glock 23
nickh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 20:51   #7
j-glock22

I keep a pistol box under the bed within arm's reach. It's unlocked and open at night when the kids are to bed. While the 19 has its tac-light, I also keep one of my Fenix's in the nightstand.
j-glock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 20:57   #8
Brucev

G-22 loaded w/ Rem. 180 gr. JHP w/ extra magazine on night stand w/ Maglight and cell phone. Sometimes substitute SA Mil-Spec .45 ACP 1911 loaded w/ Winchester 230 gr. JHP.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 21:03   #9
Jeremy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj View Post
This is similar to how I have mine. I have a Gould & Goodrich cheapo IWB holster with the belt clip. I put the gun in holster above the bed frame between the frame and the fabric on the bottom of the box spring. The clip just clips onto the metal angle iron frame. When you look under the bed you can't see the gun because it's tucked under so well.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 23:06   #10
west26

I keep mine in the drawer till bed after the children are in bed it comes out i chamber one and put it on the night stand with a Coast TekTorch just waiting
west26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 00:16   #11
squirrelsniper

No kiddos in my house, and anyone else that's in there knows not to mess with a weapon if they see it because it's loaded. So, in the bedroom it would be nightstand, dresser, under bed, and in closet. Then theres the other rooms
Kalashnikov Klub #120

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
squirrelsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 00:49   #12
Glock-it-to-me
Catching liars

Sig P220 on the bookcase headboard
Winchester 1300 in a pouch hanging off the side of the bed.
Glock-it-to-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:32   #13
Glocker1984

***No Children, Just myself and my wife***

My Side of the Bed:
LMT AR-15
Springfield TRP 1911
1 Spare AR P-Mag
1 Spare 1911 Mag
1 Surefire G2 Flashlight
1 Cellphone

*The 1911, spare mags, flashlight, and cellphone are in the nightstand. The AR is next to the nightstand within arms reach.

My wife's side of the Bed:
Springfield XD Compact (9mm)
1 Spare Mag
1 Surefire G2 Flashlight
1 Cellphone

*All of her items are in her nightstand.

All other firearms are in the safe.

"Death is certain. Life is not"
"Give me Steel or Give me Death"

Last edited by Glocker1984; 03-13-2010 at 01:35..
Glocker1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:34   #14
SuperSleuth

My bedside set up includes my G23 and a spare mag, a Surefire flashlight, and my cell phone. I live alone, so no worries regarding other people.
SuperSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:26   #15
Murgatroy

My 19 stays under the bed within's arm reach in a box.

My pump shotgun stays above the door. I put a modified gun rack above the door frame (which is right next to my side of the bed) and the gun sits in it.

The rest are in the closet. Locked and unloaded.

I used to keep a pistol behind the entertainment center in my living room and another rifle just inside the hall closet, both loaded. However, now I have a daughter, and those have been removed. The goal is to protect my own, not endanger them.
Murgatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:01   #16
alba666
WWJGD

I have an antique pipe stand that was my wife's grandfather's that has a small cabinet with a pipe rack on the inside of the door. My keys with the home alarm remote hang in the pipe rack. My wallet, the G23 + Viridian X5L (light set for strobe, green laser set for slow pulse) and 2 extra mags are on the floor of the cabinet. Cell phone sits on top of the ash try holder next to the lamp that covers the ash tray hole.

Poke around garage sales and estate sales as you have time and keep an open mind. You may find something on the cheap that will work like this old pipe stand does for me.

Also think about arranging things so you have good cover right next to the bed. It took very little rearranging of furniture to achieve good cover while covering the areas I need to for the "2AM visitor" scenario.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14   #17
Misty02

Not having children in the house allows for greater flexibility. We have a 10 year old boy at home. He has been receiving training since before we brought a firearm in the house. Especially on what to do if he ever sees a firearm, weíve tested his response when he didnít know he was being tested, heís done beautifully. Still, I donít feel comfortable leaving the loaded firearm on the nightstand knowing he can walk in our room at any point. Our mattress is on a platform, thus no under-bed to hide anything. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The one compromise I was able to reach in having the firearm easily assessable while still out of sight was to keep it in the holster fanny-pack; it is placed under the pillow on the top end against the headboard. It is holstered and the zipper is closed. Not the fastest access but I donít have to get out of bed to get it either. I would have to undo the zipper and unholster if I needed to use it, I believe those two things would prevent unconsciously pulling the trigger or having it caught on something during the night. No one other than my husband (well, now you guys) knows where the firearm is kept during the night and itís not visible or immediately accessible should my grandson enter our room during the night.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
.<o:p></o:p>

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote