Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups


Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 21:20   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13
Additional Uppers on an SBR

If I get a registered, taxed, paid-in-full SBR, and then want to get another upper, also SBR, for it, do I need to the SBR paperwork/taxes again, or can I just show them the paperwork on the rifle and be good to go?
Ananael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 00:01   #2
Zak Smith
Zak Smith's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 673
The lower is the registered SBR item.

There is no paperwork requirement on "SBR" uppers.

You cannot possess more SBR uppers than registered lowers, unless you possess zero AR-type lowers. In other words, if you possess one SBR lower and no other AR type lowers or rifles, you can possess more than one SBR upper. But otherwise you cannot since you "could" put together an unregistered SBR-- that's where the BATF's "constructive possession" comes in.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11.

GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups

Users Currently Online: 798
240 Members
558 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42