SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2010, 13:57   #1
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to me, new Benelli Supernova

So I'm staying this year, for the first time ever, and not drinking a drop or buying rounds etc. Figured I'd probably have spent $500 tonight ANYWAY, and it's a beautiful day so I went to my local PA Dick's Sporting Goods to see the sights. Last week added a bolt-action Savage Mark II .22LR that I love (bought for my BOL) and this week, my Italian-engineered beauty.

LSS, walked out with my new Benelli Super Nova... But, I did something different. Having already a tactical, short barrel, HD-primary Mossberg 930 SPX with a conventional stock, I decided on a pistol-grip stock, 24 inch barrel with standard, fiber-optic bead sight, fully synthetic... it's pretty sweet.

I had thought I wanted a BSN Tactical.. but the awesome young gentleman pointed out, why have two tactical shotguns, both 18", both GRS, etc... My Mossberg is a primary HD tactical but for around $200 can take an entirely different approach with a new barrel. He pointed out, this particular Benelli could certainly be used for HD but also lots of other applications. I fell hard for this one... It's sweet.

Here's the best part. A "Tactical" model with the pistol grip goes listing for *over* $600. Mine was listing for $499.99. The dude explained, someone screwed up when doing the Benelli ordering. They ordered a bunch of the exact same shotguns, and they only had like 3 offerings... a HUGE camoed-out pump Nova (had to have a 30"+ barrel) , an M2 Field model for $899.99 (nice but I would rather spend the $1200 for the M2 Tac) and this Supernova Pistol Grip 24" synthetic... He's like, we had a whole bunch of the SAME gun, now there's two identical left.. we want to get rid of them, so they're on sale, $369.99 ... like spring cleaning. OH, and I'm authorized to offer you an additional $30 off at the register... Sweet! AND it would up ringing up at $359.99, and he STILL took the $30 off! Awesome deal!! I feel like I cleaned up on this deal.

Also, he had been working on like inventory'ing fishing reels when I came in, the MGR was putting him to work on a slow day with other ppl.. He bent over backwards to help. When I decided on it and went to the register to pay for my NICs check, came back, he voluntarily broke it down, started cleaning, oiling, polishing, etc. everything all up, had me inspect the stuff, gave it another pass, and boxed it up real nice. I'm like thanks man, he's like, trust me, I'd much rather help you out than count Shimanos, lemme go over it again. SWEET.

Oh and also, the shelves were BARE of buckshot, couldn't find barely ANYTHING to buy... so he hooked me up with a 5 pack Hornady? I believe HD 00 Buck round and a 25 pack of Remington 8shot target loads, and he was like, "oh, we didn't have the rounds he wanted, or the ones on sale in the circular, give him them both for $4.99 ... " one was like $12.99 one was $8.99 ... AWESOME...

Pics to follow, but it's a real sweet boomstick.

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 13:58   #2
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

also to add: They had a nice "Stoeger" pump 18" tactical, he said it was Benelli's second line, and I came close to buying that, it was sweet, $399.99 marked down to $269.99 and he said he could take an additional $10 off, and i almost did it, but it said "Made it Turkey" not "Made in Italy" so I'm thinking, is it REALLY Benelli's second line? Thoughts?

Old 03-17-2010, 15:02   #3
fiasconva

Please don't tell me it was green...
Old 03-17-2010, 18:00   #4
Shima

Sounds like a great snag. Congrats. Where are the pics?
Shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 18:14   #5
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

OK Here's some pics... Only had the iPhone 3GS to snap pics with... wISH I had the real digi camera but this is what I'm workin with:

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Old 03-17-2010, 18:15   #6
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Two extras as well

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Old 03-17-2010, 19:15   #7
mixflip

Congrats! That version is pretty sweey in deed. Its very obvious that Remington's new 887 Nitro Mag is trying to compete with the model gun you have. Not even close in my opinion. As you already know I have a SuperNova also and I dont miss my Mossberg or Remington pumps at all!!!!!!
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 19:50   #8
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

mix I have to admit (and this is almost embarrassing to say) I thought of you when looking. .. We bought the same Mossberg 930 SPX 's around the same time, (I had read many good things, including from ppl on this board, and when I saw it I jumped) and then started thinking pump, and I knew you bought your Benelli Super Nova tactical and love it...

But when I saw this model, and the deal I'd get, I decided it was a great deal and a good idea. Gives me some flexibility and versatility in my portfolio and adds another dimension to what I have... I think me and the boys and gonna basically do an hour or two of Opening Day for trout season this year, and then immediately head to the range and spend hours making booms... and it will be great for a few reasons... Have both my new guns out, compare and contrast the 930 SPX and the Supernova, and also, shut up my buddies ... one has an old 870 and one has a very nice but very handed down 1100... can't wAIT..

also, does anyone know about the Stroger's ? Cause I am now regretting not just throwing on the "P350 Defense" ... which looked a whole lot like a pistol gripped, Super Nova Tactical but was a little "thinner" and had different badging, and again made in Turkey rather than US/Italy.. but was like $269.99 for an 18.5" , Benelli-owned tactical synthetic pump shotgun ... might be nice to just "have" ? no?

Old 03-17-2010, 20:14   #9
mixflip

I believe the Turkish Stoeger is more its own brand rather than a benelli second line/budget offering. Stoeger was allowed to use Benelli patents and thats about it as far as the connection to Benelli goes. (I think? I could be wrong?)

I almost bought a Stoeger semi-auto (Seriously looked like a Benelli M4) for $399, but I backed out thank God because it was not smooth and well put together at all. The salesman kept getting the bolt stuck somehow and I was instantly put off. An hour latter I stumbled across the 930SPX at another store and you know the rest of that story.

Here is that Stoeger/M4 clone for $399
Tactical Shotguns
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 21:20   #10
Block Slide

Nice buy. Good to see more and more supernovas out there.

and scrappy doo was the ****
Block Slide is offline   Reply With Quote