Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:25   #1
ronin.45

Suppressor

It is my understanding that you must keep your papers with your suppressor at all times so you can prove it's legality if need be. Is it ok to keep a copy of the papers with the suppressor and keep the originals locked up or in a safe deposit box?

Also, I am nervous about the no-knock warrant aspect of getting a suppressor. Is this a common thing for the ATF to show up and do a site inspection? I have two guns threaded and ready to go, but I'm hesitant with the current political climate.

Thanks in Advance
Old 03-18-2010, 13:15   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

You must have your approved Form 4 (or Form 1) with you; a copy is fine.

There is no site/premises inspection requirement or provision for individual possession of NFA items. The ATF may request to see your registration paperwork, or it seems under certain circumstances, ask to see the item itself; but this does not extend to any type of search of your home, etc, unless they have a warrant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 16:25   #3
ronin.45

Thanks Zak, it looks like I'm about to spend some money.

Any advice on .22 cans. I'm looking at the Tactical Solutions Cascade MC. I have looked at many, but this one seems to have good specs and features.
Old 03-18-2010, 21:22   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Now that I'm a suppressor manufacturer, I try not to post about other cans- and I try not to give a hard sell on ours either.

There are a lot of good cans on the market right now and as long as you're paying attention to general feedback and specs, it's hard to go wrong.

Old 03-18-2010, 22:54   #5
ronin.45

Understandable. I guess I should have read the biography at the top of the page. I will do my research and definitely check out your products.
thanks for the help.
Old 07-15-2010, 20:17   #6
ronin.45

Hey Zak, I have another question. If I want to buy two suppressors at the same time can I do paperwork for two or is seperate paperwork necessary? I realize that they would be $200 each for the stamps but it would be nice to get the paperwork and visit all done at once.

Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2010, 21:39   #7
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Hi,

You can send them in together, but it's two sets of paperwork.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:39   #8
ronin.45

Ok, two sets is no problem. Thanks.