GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:54   #1
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
gatorboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,119
Lone Wolf comes through!

Finally!!! My 20L slide without a hole is on it's way. I really wish I had paid for overnight delivery, it was shipped yesterday and is supposed to show up in 9 days? What the hell, did they strap it on a freaking turtle retiring to Florida or what? I'll update this thread when it gets here. I'll probably send it off and have a finish of some sort put on so shooting it may still be off a bit. I plan to chrono some loads and if I can shoot with it, take a hog or two.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:57   #2
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher
 
Fire_Medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Gunshine State
Posts: 8,129
Congrats brother.

Question: Is the solid top slide just for looks in comparison to the open top one?

Thanks
__________________
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:31   #3
unsigned
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 231
Glad they came through. I too had a Lone Wolf win. My .40 conversion barrel on backorder since November finally arrived. Put a box through with not so much as a hiccup, very pleased.
unsigned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:48   #4
DrtyHarry
Senior Member
 
DrtyHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
I really wish I had paid for overnight delivery, it was shipped yesterday and is supposed to show up in 9 days? What the hell, did they strap it on a freaking turtle retiring to Florida or what?
Perhaps it's coming direct from Korea? lol
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:43   #5
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
gatorboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Congrats brother.

Question: Is the solid top slide just for looks in comparison to the open top one?


Thanks
Thanks! I prefer the looks, extra weight of the slide and the lesser chance of getting water, mud, ketchup, boogers, dog hair/slobber, hog guts and other stuff inside the slide. Anything that gets in the slide has a good shot at getting to the mag full of ammo even though I brush the primers with nail polish. Until I get a custom holster made, there will be 1 1/2" of gun hanging out enjoying the breeze.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 13:35   #6
527varmint
Senior Member
 
527varmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
Thanks! I prefer the looks, extra weight of the slide and the lesser chance of getting water, mud, ketchup, boogers, dog hair/slobber, hog guts and other stuff inside the slide. Anything that gets in the slide has a good shot at getting to the mag full of ammo even though I brush the primers with nail polish. Until I get a custom holster made, there will be 1 1/2" of gun hanging out enjoying the breeze.
Check out simply rugged. he can probably make you a custom holster. I just ordered my g-20 holster from them. Should be 2-4 weeks they said.
__________________
OD Green G-20 10mm/40sw

I sleep better in bear country with a 10mm under my pillow!
527varmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 14:39   #7
DrtyHarry
Senior Member
 
DrtyHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 527varmint View Post
Check out simply rugged. he can probably make you a custom holster. I just ordered my g-20 holster from them. Should be 2-4 weeks they said.
Please post a pic when you get it!
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 861
259 Members
602 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31