Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:02   #26
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV View Post
Hmm, interesting results there. And you shoot a G29 right?
Well, in my last post I mentioned it was with my Razorback but I also own a G29 and it seems to like DT stuff...
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066
http://www.bren-ten.com/website/index.html
Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 14:36   #27
JTknives

I get great results with my reloaded ammo. At 7 yards I can most of the times keep my groups quite small. Most of the time I can cover the group with a quarter. I will have to look at my numbers when I get off work to see what was the best. I carry double tap but habe never Shot a lot of It.
JTknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 17:23   #28
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

DT is over hyped, has never delivered advertised performance in any of my 3 10mm, and now is overpriced. The ammo I load for myself is far superior to DT in performance accuracy and cost. The effort to load your own is worth it.
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 18:58   #29
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Hickock45 is a gun guru and has posted a video on YouTube demonstrating the bad accuracy from some DT loads from the G20.

On camera he switched to his Lone Wolf barrel and accuracy improved dramatically.

He says he has been in contact with the owner of DT to address the problem.

Until then, Buyer Be Ware.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:43   #30
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
Hickock45 is a gun guru and has posted a video on YouTube demonstrating the bad accuracy from some DT loads from the G20.

On camera he switched to his Lone Wolf barrel and accuracy improved dramatically.

He says he has been in contact with the owner of DT to address the problem.

Until then, Buyer Be Ware.
I would not hold my breath. DT CS has deteriorated over the last couple of years. Gained a good reputation and now they are capitalizing on it at the expense of long time customers.
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:55   #31
DrtyHarry

I run the 230gr hardcasts with no problems in my 20, but I am using a KKM barrel.

I have not used the stock barrel with this load because it's lead...and since it's not advised to shoot lead out of the stock barrel, I won't, even though many claim to have no problems shooting lead out of the stock barrel.

DH
Old 04-24-2010, 13:43   #32
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
I run the 230gr hardcasts with no problems in my 20, but I am using a KKM barrel.

I have not used the stock barrel with this load because it's lead...and since it's not advised to shoot lead out of the stock barrel, I won't, even though many claim to have no problems shooting lead out of the stock barrel.

DH
I think I should hop in here and make an important distinction: the DT 200, 215 and 230 grain WFN BTB loads aren't really "lead" but rather hardcast which is very similar but not the same. Hardcast loads will not create pressure problems in stock Glock barrels like simple "lead" bullets will. Research a bit on this and you will see.

Also, as for people not reporting any "problems" with certain loads in Glocks, that's probably because there probably wouldn't be any reported "problems" noticed until the barrel exploded from overpressure, lol.

Stay safe
Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 04-24-2010, 15:00   #33
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
I think I should hop in here and make an important distinction: the DT 200, 215 and 230 grain WFN BTB loads aren't really "lead" but rather hardcast which is very similar but not the same. Hardcast loads will not create pressure problems in stock Glock barrels like simple "lead" bullets will. Research a bit on this and you will see.

Also, as for people not reporting any "problems" with certain loads in Glocks, that's probably because there probably wouldn't be any reported "problems" noticed until the barrel exploded from overpressure, lol.

Stay safe
I didn't know that, I thought the hardcast bullets were made of strong lead. Take a look at http://www.reloadsnmore.com/, they sell "Hard Cast Lead Bullets". Are they in fact lead?

DH
Old 04-24-2010, 16:08   #34
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
I didn't know that, I thought the hardcast bullets were made of strong lead. Take a look at http://www.reloadsnmore.com/, they sell "Hard Cast Lead Bullets". Are they in fact lead?

DH
Lead and Hardcast DO share many of the same elements, yes, but they are completely different animals when used as bullets.
Why do I carry a 10mm?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11   #35
PaleGreenHorse
10mm

To the OP, you can grab a shooting correction target that will help you adjust for the more stout loads. My guess is you may be pushing in anticipation of the recoil, not to say its not a QC issue. DT seems to have taken a dive in the recent years.

Nick- I pulled out a box of 200gr Mikes BT's the other day from his initial release, and you are right...out of my G20 & G29 they have a true 10mm feel I am a bit disappointed with the CS and QC currently. I remember back in the day if there was any issue, which was so rare, Mike would be on top of it like white on rice.

Last edited by PaleGreenHorse; 05-02-2010 at 11:20..
PaleGreenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:36   #36
HOV

Well, another test run at the range today. I cut out the 10 ring with some of my hand loaded 180-gr. Hornady XTP's over 6.6-gr. Unique, unfired Starline brass, and CCI primers. Everything was smooth and nice.

I finished off a box of DT 180-gr. Noslers with the KKM drop-in barrel. Contrary to my previous results there was very good accuracy. Pretty much a 180* turn from the first few tests with this ammo.

The two targets side by side from my hand loads and the DT were identical - 10 ring and a good chunk of 9 ring missing from both.

The rounds are still too hot for me to consider carrying them, but at least now there is evidence that at least a few magazines full will go where you point them.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote