Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 15:24   #1
robotoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MichiGUN
Posts: 649
Called HK CS today to order some parts...

Fellow seemed very put out to have to talk to me and take my order. "Did you try our parts website, HKParts.net?". Umm, yes I did, the parts are not listed there. He did not even want to talk about the larger HK45C mag release lever, just told me "out of stock". Then he informs that I have to pay an extra shipping fee on orders under $50. All I wanted/ordered was 2 little springs. Shipping is more than the parts cost. S&W and Ruger have sent me small parts gratis numerous times. And I thought Glock CS was bad. On the plus side, I didn't have to give him part numbers. As soon as I told him was converting to light LEM, he knew what springs I wanted. I'm thinking my next new gun purchase will be an M&P 40, certainly no more HK's

Last edited by robotoid; 03-18-2010 at 15:52..
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 16:22   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,661
Please give us the name of who you spoke to?
Sounds to me like the call went very well.

Many companies charge extra for orders under a certain amount.
That's not unusual.

Maybe he wanted the part numbers in order to ensure he sent you
the right parts? I'd make sure I knew the correct part number before
I even dialed the phone.

Of course he asked if you checked HKParts.net. He has no idea if
you're even aware of that site until he asks.

If a part is "Out Of Stock", what do you expect him to tell you?
Duh?

Maybe your next gun purchase should be an M&P 40 or a Glock,
but certainly not an HK. You'll certainly make his job easier.

Last edited by JBnTX; 03-18-2010 at 16:23..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 17:19   #3
majette
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 945
i called today looking for a part, was told it would not be available til june or july. i asked if there was an alternative and cs passed me to a gunsmith to answer my question. everyone was pleasant and it is representative of the dealings i have had with them.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 20:36   #4
robotoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MichiGUN
Posts: 649
Tone of voice and abruptness of answers made his attitude abundantly clear ("you are bothering me"). He gave his name, but I didn't write it down and don't recall now, not relevant. I won't be calling again. They don't need my business, I don't need their product.
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:04   #5
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 9,091
I have ordered several parts from them with no issues. Maybe I just got lucky 4 times.
__________________
When you finish speaking, don't forget to wipe.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:09   #6
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotoid View Post
Tone of voice and abruptness of answers made his attitude abundantly clear ("you are bothering me"). He gave his name, but I didn't write it down and don't recall now, not relevant. I won't be calling again. They don't need my business, I don't need their product.

Why would you quit buying a company's products just because someone
didn't jump for joy and piss all over himself when you called?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:01   #7
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis
 
H&K 4 LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,381
What you want to do is call back and ask to speak to Travis.

If he has the springs, he will get them to you. You must understand that those particular parts are high demand items that come directly from Germany.

I would be the first to admit that the HK German parts train to the US is very slow. HK is currently working to better stock it's US parts distributors for non-warranty parts orders.
__________________
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:55   #8
01deuce
Member
 
01deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
What you want to do is call back and ask to speak to Travis.

If he has the springs, he will get them to you. You must understand that those particular parts are high demand items that come directly from Germany.

I would be the first to admit that the HK German parts train to the US is very slow. HK is currently working to better stock it's US parts distributors for non-warranty parts orders.
+1

he took care of me!
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 22:23   #9
JNKIRK1974
Senior Member
 
JNKIRK1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockwall, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Re: Called HK CS today to order some parts...

Ok.....what do HK customer service and HKParts.net have to do with each other? HKParts.net isn't owned by HK (unless I'm missing something)
JNKIRK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 22:27   #10
JNKIRK1974
Senior Member
 
JNKIRK1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockwall, Texas
Posts: 2,184
Re: Called HK CS today to order some parts...

Call HKParts.net and ask for Adam. You'll be taken care of!
JNKIRK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 22:29   #11
robotoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MichiGUN
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNKIRK1974 View Post
Ok.....what do HK customer service and HKParts.net have to do with each other? HKParts.net isn't owned by HK (unless I'm missing something)
Thats what I thought, but it wasn't the impression he gave me. He said "Did you try OUR online parts ordering website, HKParts.net".
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 22:32   #12
robotoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MichiGUN
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why would you quit buying a company's products just because someone
didn't jump for joy and piss all over himself when you called?
Because I expect to be treated like a paying customer, not a nuisance. I'm sure their $10.95 shipping is probably going to be a 25 cent padded envelope with less than $1 postage stamp on it.
robotoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 22:46   #13
01deuce
Member
 
01deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 65
mine was fedex for 5 little springs.

anything high end you own always comes with higher costs.
try buying parts for a harley compared to a honda or a lexus compared to a ford. I dont like that fact but except it because i want the best and for me thats HK.
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 14:26   #14
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
My gunshop sells 20 dollar warranties with their guns and they will fight with the companies for you take care of warranty and also pay shipping. Im definitely going to do this, they said H&K is very hard to work with.
__________________
Hello!

Last edited by Chonny; 04-11-2010 at 14:26..
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 16:29   #15
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
My gunshop sells 20 dollar warranties with their guns and they will fight with the companies for you take care of warranty and also pay shipping. Im definitely going to do this, they said H&K is very hard to work with.

Your gunshop sells 20 dollar rip offs.

HK's warranty is between the buyer of the gun and HK, not a third party go between.
HK is under absolutely NO legal obligation to even talk to your gunshop on your behalf.

Maybe your gunshop just tells you HK is hard to deal with so they can make
a quick 20 dollars from you?

Last edited by JBnTX; 04-11-2010 at 16:32..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 17:58   #16
american lockpicker
License to Il
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wood County, West Virginia
Posts: 8,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotoid View Post
And I thought Glock CS was bad.
Really? Its the best in my opinion and I've dealt with them 4 times(G19 mold mark, defective G18 mag, free stuff and, COO question on Glock GTL) and everytime they were very helpful.
american lockpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 18:14   #17
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Your gunshop sells 20 dollar rip offs.

HK's warranty is between the buyer of the gun and HK, not a third party go between.
HK is under absolutely NO legal obligation to even talk to your gunshop on your behalf.

Maybe your gunshop just tells you HK is hard to deal with so they can make
a quick 20 dollars from you?
Its an in house insurance policy. Where as if anything goes wrong (any manufacturer) they will have their smith check it out or send it to the manufacturer for you. They are only one of two H&K dealers in Oklahoma, they get the business of all the OKCPD, and are very much in contact with H&K and all their product reps.

You can google Outdoor America in Oklahoma City and call them if you are that upset about it.

__________________
Hello!

Last edited by Chonny; 04-11-2010 at 18:19..
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 14:00   #18
Seminoles
Senior Member
 
Seminoles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 895
You can reach Travis at extension 227.
__________________
>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->
Seminoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54   #19
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks
 
SIGShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
Its an in house insurance policy. Where as if anything goes wrong (any manufacturer) they will have their smith check it out or send it to the manufacturer for you. They are only one of two H&K dealers in Oklahoma, they get the business of all the OKCPD, and are very much in contact with H&K and all their product reps.

You can google Outdoor America in Oklahoma City and call them if you are that upset about it.


I think you missed the point.

If there is a warranty issue, H&K has to take care of it. It's part of their warranty. So paying $20.00 extra for a gun for some sort of insurance plan only means you're $20.00 more in the hole. You can call H&K yourself and say: "Hey, this is what's wrong with my gun, your warranty covers this, I'm sending the gun to you to be fixed, thank you."

I had a shop here try selling me that crap. I asked them what it gets me, they said "A no BS guarantee that my gun will be fixed if it's a warranty issue." I asked them if I was able to just send my gun in to the manufacturer if in fact it needed warranty work. They told me that it was absolutely illegal for anyone but an FFL to send a gun to anyone else no matter what. Needless to say, I didn't buy the warranty plan for my warranty plan.
SIGShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:58   #20
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks
 
SIGShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNKIRK1974 View Post
Call HKParts.net and ask for Adam. You'll be taken care of!

Adam is a top notch guy and has a no BS attitude. He will take care of you without question. If he doesn't have what you need, he will get it.

Hell, I screwed up my order, told Adam about it he still fixed it for me even though it was my mistake. He had the right parts that I needed pretty much drop shipped to me without charging me extra. Now that's customer service!
SIGShooter is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 815
227 Members
588 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31