SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:08   #1
Forgoten214

Send a message via AIM to Forgoten214 Send a message via Yahoo to Forgoten214
Glock 20 question

Any ideas on when and if a Gen4 Glock 20 will be available? Is Glock dumping the 10mm? If so what changes will be made to it and what does that mean to aftermarket spring/guide rod setups?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Forgoten214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 17:21   #2
Taterhead
Counting Beans

I don't have info about the Gen 4 G20. However, I doubt that they will be "dumping" the 10mm. As evidence, they recently added to the G20 lineup rather than decreased it.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 00:53   #3
Forgoten214

Send a message via AIM to Forgoten214 Send a message via Yahoo to Forgoten214
Ok that is good to hear. I was scared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Forgoten214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 15:22   #4
YellowTT

I have the G20 but hoping they add it to the gen 4 lineup. It would also be nice if they offer the optional stock 17round mag in 10mm.
YellowTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 16:24   #5
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

I do not know about the Gen 4, but I really don't think they will dump the G20. I just got one from the factory. (long story) and LEO model, 'meaning only," that it comes with 3 high cap mags instead of two. It is the SF model with the gray finish slide and barrel. I have had others, and still do, but this one shoots just as good as the rest. I kinda like the gray finish. It had to grow on me. ha.

Again, I don't think we have to worry about the G20 going away, according to what I hear from a bud or two I have at Glock. I would not worry about this at all.

Good Shooting.

CanyonMan

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-24-2010 at 16:24..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 18:15   #6
usurp31

Canyon, can you post a pic of that gray finish; I have a black 20 and am hoping Glock will open up the color palette on the SF's.
COTEP #0371
usurp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52   #7
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by usurp31 View Post
Canyon, can you post a pic of that gray finish; I have a black 20 and am hoping Glock will open up the color palette on the SF's.

In each pic. The gun on the "left," is the G20SF, ond on the right is the Standard "blued G20. ALL the new glocks, no matter the model or caliber, have the gray finish barrel and slide. The barrel is very easy to tell it is jail bar gray. The slide has just a hint to it. I have a couple of friends at Glock, and despite all the other rumors going around about the finish. It is a simple matter of knocking down glare. That's it. Same hard Tennifer and same steel etc. Just a more non glare feature. 'At least this is what my bud at glock tells me."

You can easily see the lack of glare from the 'flash' of the camera on the parts in the pics. There is a slight difference. I am not sure this is any 'big deal" to the average joe. But in the G20 model that I may use from time to time on the ranch to hunt with, hey, I'll take all the help I can get.... I'm sure there are probably some other cost effective reasons for them "going gray." But he did assure me that LE agencies have been requesting a lower glare finish for a long time now. There ya go bud.

HTH's

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

CanyonMan

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-25-2010 at 10:59..
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04   #8
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Here is a larger pic and another flash shot on each. Again, the one on the left is the new gray finish ... Both are G20's. Standard on right, SF on the left. BTW. The G20SF does not come ambi. They "do not' make ambi's in this model, (G20SF) like they do in the G21. I, for one am glad because I do not like ambi's. Just thought I'd drop that info in for ya.

The 10 Ring

CanyonMan

Old 03-25-2010, 11:59   #9
DrtyHarry

Thanks for sharing those pics!!

DH
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21   #10
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtyharry View Post
thanks for sharing those pics!!

Dh

cm

Old 03-25-2010, 17:26   #11
usurp31

+1 Thanks for the photos!
COTEP #0371
usurp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18   #12
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Everyone is most welcome....

Good shooting

CanyonMan

Old 04-02-2010, 19:15   #13
Retired Squid

Just was at the range today with the new G20SF & the old Colt DE, see picture below, was able to hit the target every time at 25 yards with the 20SF and at 15 yards with the Colt. No malfunctions from either gun, but still not as good with the 20 or DE as I am with my CCW pocket gun, the G-29 for some reason. That little 29 with my 135 gr Nosler's hand-loads zipping along about 1650 fps is awsome. No that's not my carry load, 175gr Winchester JHP/ST are my carry loads.

The 10 Ring

Last edited by Retired Squid; 04-03-2010 at 06:08..
Retired Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 16:11   #14
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Squid View Post
Just was at the range today with the new G20SF & the old Colt DE, see picture below, was able to hit the target every time at 25 yards with the 20SF and at 15 yards with the Colt. No malfunctions from either gun, but still not as good with the 20 or DE as I am with my CCW pocket gun, the G-29 for some reason. That little 29 with my 135 gr Nosler's hand-loads zipping along about 1650 fps is awsome. No that's not my carry load, 175gr Winchester JHP/ST are my carry loads.

The 10 Ring

Nice gun RS.

CanyonMan

Old 04-04-2010, 16:29   #15
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Nice gun RS.

CanyonMan
Thanks man. Here it is with a couple S&W running mates, a 610-3 6.5" and 610 5" no dash.
I would post picture of the G20SF & G29SF but you seen one Glock you seen them all.

The 10 Ring
Old 04-05-2010, 17:45   #16
chemboy

I didn't realize that Glock was going to a different(colored) finish, that is interesting.

I gotta stay off these darn 10mm threads, as the G20SF is looking very good right about now!

Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.

Last edited by chemboy; 04-05-2010 at 17:46..
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 20:49   #17
RayRevolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemboy View Post
I didn't realize that Glock was going to a different(colored) finish, that is interesting.

I gotta stay off these darn 10mm threads, as the G20SF is looking very good right about now!
Hey Chemboy, you in the 413th Flight Test Squadron?
RayRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 21:17   #18
chemboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRevolver View Post
Hey Chemboy, you in the 413th Flight Test Squadron?
Ray,
No, I just liked the emblem-also, my grandpa was a B17 and B29 pilot during WWII and that insignia reminds me of him, for whatever reason.

Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22   #19
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
In each pic. The gun on the "left," is the G20SF, ond on the right is the Standard "blued G20. ALL the new glocks, no matter the model or caliber, have the gray finish barrel and slide. The barrel is very easy to tell it is jail bar gray. The slide has just a hint to it. I have a couple of friends at Glock, and despite all the other rumors going around about the finish. It is a simple matter of knocking down glare. That's it. Same hard Tennifer and same steel etc. Just a more non glare feature. 'At least this is what my bud at glock tells me."

HTH's

CanyonMan
I think your statement
Quote:
ALL the new glocks, no matter the model or caliber, have the gray finish barrel and slide.
is incorrect. I have 20 SF bought last week and 29SF that was bought last spring. Both are blued models, the barrels on both are BLACK like my old Glocks. Have not seen any new Glocks that were gray as yet.

Last edited by Retired Squid; 04-06-2010 at 10:24..
Retired Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 16:13   #20
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Squid View Post
I think your statement is incorrect. I have 20 SF bought last week and 29SF that was bought last spring. Both are blued models, the barrels on both are BLACK like my old Glocks. Have not seen any new Glocks that were gray as yet.
Well, I been known to be wrong a time or two..

BUT, are you real sure that they have current serial #'s. I ask this because every Glock I've seen with a current # has the gray barrel and the barely gray finish. Even glock told me this is what their doing now.

I drove into Dallas over the last 4/5 months to huge gun shows. all the Glocks had gray finish barrels and slides. I saw one or two that did not, but I think they had been around a while. I'm not at all doubting you amigo, but the slide is hard to tell, the barrel is easy to see, especially if you put the barrel beside another one that is for sure blued. But if yours are blued... Man I don't know. I think I'm going to quit asking Glock anything. I got a couple buds working there, but it seems I'm getting conflicting reports.

Again, This has been my experience anyway. Who knows what the heck their up to !

Anyway, gray or blue. You got em. So enjoy them eh?

Congrats.

CanyonMan