SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:30   #1
StuckInCa
GT Water Dept

Looking to get a price.

I have a 20" A2 DPMS upper chambered in 5.56 with a Sun Devil billet lower, DPMS lower parts kit, VLTOR 5 point club foot stock.

I dont shoot it anymore (actually have two with a 20" upper).

If i were to sell it, whats a decent price in the market today.

Thanks guys

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Too Many Toys To List
NRA Instructor / Member
StuckInCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 13:33   #2
Constructor
GT Sponsor

First let me say I am not a used firearm appraiser. After the panic buying around the election many have purchased too many weapons so there has been a lull in the market. Most are looking for a good deal and not buying the first thing they see or everything they see like last winter.
Most are going to want a discount because it is used and the xtras of the stock and lower may not bring any added worth unless you find someone that really likes a Sun Devil lower. Some do not like to buy mixed or built uppers and lowers. On the other hand you may be able to get a little more because it is a private sale with no paper trace. A new DPMS sells for as little as $765 so some will use that as a price point. I would suggest you look on AR15.com 's EE(equipt. exchange forum) to see what similar rifles are selling for then advertise in your hometown newspaper or American classifies to get the best price, the internet guys are too savy. You will need to decide if you want to try and make money on the deal or just get your money out of it and how quickly you need the money if at all.
The $1000 dollar mark will repel many so keep that in mind. I think I would start a little higher than what you have in it, you can always lower the price in a month if you have no offers. There are a bunch of pretty nice rifles on arfcom EE with better quality quad rails selling for $800 and less.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Constructor; 03-21-2010 at 13:46..
Constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 14:29   #3
StuckInCa
GT Water Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constructor View Post
First let me say I am not a used firearm appraiser. After the panic buying around the election many have purchased too many weapons so there has been a lull in the market. Most are looking for a good deal and not buying the first thing they see or everything they see like last winter.
Most are going to want a discount because it is used and the xtras of the stock and lower may not bring any added worth unless you find someone that really likes a Sun Devil lower. Some do not like to buy mixed or built uppers and lowers. On the other hand you may be able to get a little more because it is a private sale with no paper trace. A new DPMS sells for as little as $765 so some will use that as a price point. I would suggest you look on AR15.com 's EE(equipt. exchange forum) to see what similar rifles are selling for then advertise in your hometown newspaper or American classifies to get the best price, the internet guys are too savy. You will need to decide if you want to try and make money on the deal or just get your money out of it and how quickly you need the money if at all.
The $1000 dollar mark will repel many so keep that in mind. I think I would start a little higher than what you have in it, you can always lower the price in a month if you have no offers. There are a bunch of pretty nice rifles on arfcom EE with better quality quad rails selling for $800 and less.

Perfect gives me a starting point. Thank you sir

Too Many Toys To List
NRA Instructor / Member
StuckInCa is offline   Reply With Quote