SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:08   #1
82ndVet

6.5 Creedmoor question...

Zak,

Just want to start off by saying I've been keeping up with your website almost since the start, and I'm very 'learned' by your various articles.

Thank you!

I hope your the right person to ask this question. Ever since you started your 6.5 articles, I've been very hungry to say the least. I'm wanting to build a competition rifle in 6.5 CM, and I'm looking at the Stiller actions (TAC30). My question is 1) In your opinion, is this a good action to build on? & 2) Will the TAC30 action with .308 bolt face accept the Creedmoor cartridge without any mods? In other words, when ordering an action, what do I need to tell them, based on my chosen cartridge? I hope that makes since...I'm still learning In your 6.5 shootout article (pg.4), you talk about the cartridge being a 'shoe-in' for any 308 action. So, I guess I'm just looking for some verification to that.

If you have any other opinions on a good action, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks
82ndVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:21   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

I don't have any personal experience with the Stiller action, but they have a good reputation and I'm sure you'd be happy with it. There are a lot of good "specialty" actions on the market now; let me draw your attention to this one http://www.bighornarms.com/ Two of my shooting partners have been competing with .260's based on this action for a little over a year and we're pleased with them.

The Creedmoor has the same case head diameter as .308, so that bolt head should work fine.

I think the .260 gives you more options for brass, but the performance of the two should be a wash.

-z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote