Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:21   #1
JimBobTX

Lee Bulge Buster

I posted this in a thread...but I wanted more to know about it just in case.
Have y'all tried the Lee Bulge Buster? You completely press your brass through the resizing die from the bottom up and it catches it in a container at the top. They advertise it in all the gun and reloading magazines. Here's a link at Midway USA http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=882261

It's Lee catalog #: 90487 and it's $20 at Lee and $15 at Midway USA, but I don't know if it comes with the catch container.

It works just like this bullet sizer http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/cata.../lubesize.html

But you press the brass through instead. I hope this helps...I'm ordering one tomorrow.
JimBobTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 13:47   #2
hill billy
Head Case

Haven't tried that one but I use a Redding GR-X die that does the same thing and works well. Lube your brass, it will help tremendously and also keep your die from getting scored and then in turn scoring your brass.
hill billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:39   #3
B__

I have read about using the Lee FCD to do pretty much the same thing.

Last edited by B__; 03-22-2010 at 07:39..
B__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 20:16   #4
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Well, I had the Midway $10 off $100 code to use last night, so I went ahead and ordered this, a .40/10mm FCD, a 4-die .45ACP die set (which has the .45 FCD), a .45GAP die set (apparently the last one ) and a 100pk of Rainer 200gr .45 bullets. Of course, it may be ages before I ever try it - but at least I have one, right?

Of course, this afternoon, out of curiosity, I opened the 'instructions' online and guess what it says - "Do not use the Bulge Buster to reload for the .40S&W Glock or similar guns with chambers that do not fully support the cartridge due to the intrusion of the feed ramp" Does that mean it won't work on the 10mm too? Oh boy....
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 22:26   #5
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Go over and read the thread about "how bulged is too bulged?" here: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1199328

Lee is just paranoid someone unknowing will try to iron out grossly over-sized smileys that really make the case unsafe with this new tool and then try to blame Lee for what will ultimately happen...

You can use this tool to resize the bulge in the brass AS LONG AS THE BULGE IS NOT GROSSLY OVER-SIZED. If there's a pinch or ridge where the bulge meets the case wall, THROW IT AWAY. If the bulge is mild and smooth, this die will iron it out.

The die was really made to reach down farther than ANY die (including the FCD) can reach, because the shell-holder comes up a certain height on the case, preventing sizing from going all the way down to the extractor groove. It's NOT meant to recover brass that is grossly bulged.

HTH.

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote