Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34   #1
Flipz

Observations or Tips?: Sig Sauer .22lr Conversion Kit for P226

I just purchased my first Sig pistol, a P226 Elite in 9mm. I pick it up next week. I currently have an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 17 and I love it. The amount of extra trigger time that my AA kit allows me is great. And it doesnt hurt that .22lr ammo is really cheap compared to 9mm. So, yesterday I ordered the Sig Sauer .22lr conversion kit for my P226. Im just wondering if anyone out there has any observations or tips about the Sig .22lr conversion kit. What type of lube works best, ammo, etc....

Tell me what you think.

Thanks!
GSSF Member
Hornady LnL AP, 9mm & 45ACP

Last edited by Flipz; 03-24-2010 at 09:35..
Flipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 18:44   #2
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipz View Post
I just purchased my first Sig pistol, a P226 Elite in 9mm. I pick it up next week. I currently have an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 17 and I love it. The amount of extra trigger time that my AA kit allows me is great. And it doesnt hurt that .22lr ammo is really cheap compared to 9mm. So, yesterday I ordered the Sig Sauer .22lr conversion kit for my P226. Im just wondering if anyone out there has any observations or tips about the Sig .22lr conversion kit. What type of lube works best, ammo, etc....

Tell me what you think.

Thanks!
There are bunch of guys over on Sig Forum with the .22 conversions on their 226s, 220s, and 229s.

There have been issues, but conditions seem to be improving.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 16:24   #3
TX Silver

My slide didn't cycle well with the cheap bulk hollow point ammo (was a feeding issue), but worked okay with round nose stuff.

I did a real quick polish on the feed ramp and it has improved but still not 100%.

TX
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02   #4
Flipz

I forgot to post my observations after I received the kit. Everything works great.

Functions well with the following ammo; CCI Mini Mags (HP & RN), Remington Golden Bullets Bulk Pack, Federal Bulk Pack, and Winchester 333 Bulk Pack.

Build Quality is great and the Fit & Finish is excellent. Its real fun to shoot.

Only negative is that the slide does not lock back after the last round, but I knew that before I purchased it. I plan on getting the parts from SigPower.com to remedy this.

Only tip I have for those thinking of purchasing a kit is to keep it well lubed and cleaned. For lube Im using the same TW-25B that I use when Im using the 9mm upper.

In summary, I love the kit. Everytime I go to the range people always ask me about it. Its the perfect match for my Sig 522. And I can shoot all day for really cheap.
GSSF Member
Hornady LnL AP, 9mm & 45ACP
Flipz is offline   Reply With Quote