Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2010, 18:36   #1
dereklord

Anyone know any POL troops?

I have been in the Air Force for 11 years now and served 3 overseas tours. I'm at Seymour Johnson AFB in NC right now and have actually been stationed here my whole career. POL (fuels) the whole time too.
dereklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 18:44   #2
Mongosafari
El diablo verde

I was a Crew Chief on C-130 Hercules, 82-88, Pope AFB, NC and Rhein Maine AB W. Germany. I've had lots of POL trucks fuel us up or the portable thing that hooks into the ground tanks.

Thank You for your continued service. Aim High.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:31   #3
dereklord

Yeah, those things hooking into the ground were either hose trucks or hosecarts. you probably used them more in Germany though huh? I have been to Pope and Rein mein. Good to meet you man. What kind of guns do you have?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:32   #4
dereklord

Oh, and I see stationed in Maine. I grew up there. Lived near Newport / Dexter for 16 years in a small town called Corinna.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18   #5
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

11 years at the same base? The only place I saw that was when I was stationed at Elmendorf. People stayed up there forever. 10 years was pretty common.
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 14:04   #6
Mongosafari
El diablo verde

I was told the hose carts whick hook to a ground fueling point were part of an underground fuel system (?) I don't know, as long as I got fuel in the bird we were happy. I think there was only a couple of ramps that used the hose carts at Rhein Main. One of the ramps but none of the hard stands at RAF Mildenhall, Woodbridge and Lakenheath. Also fueling at Goose Bay, Labrador was with the carts.
Old 03-20-2010, 20:24   #7
dereklord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
11 years at the same base? The only place I saw that was when I was stationed at Elmendorf. People stayed up there forever. 10 years was pretty common.

Yeah, its relatively common for people to stay here for 10 years or so. I actually dont mind it.
Old 03-23-2010, 20:43   #8
AFshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklord View Post
Yeah, its relatively common for people to stay here for 10 years or so. I actually dont mind it.
Same for Offutt. If you like it here, you can stay. At least in my career field anyway. We retired one last year who was here for at least 20 years, and we have one in my Sq. right now who's been here his entire career. He's past 20, but I think the PT program is going to get him this year.

I know one guy who was POL at Moody. Cross-trained to Arial Gunner, failed the school, cross-trained to 1A3 and he flies with me now.

Ah, Shady J. Used to go TDY there all the time. The only base I've been to so far with a prison in the middle.
Certified Glock Armorer

CARRY YOUR PISTOL
AFshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:45   #9
dereklord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFshooter View Post
Ah, Shady J. Used to go TDY there all the time. The only base I've been to so far with a prison in the middle.
Haha, It used to be great because they would cut our grass and clean our buildings. They were only low grade criminals...tax fraud, stealing, things like that. But they closed the prison down about 4 years ago and now the real world sets in...we all have to clean our own buildings. Who was the POL guy you knew? I know quite a few from Offut. Am stationed with two of them now. And have been deployed with some too.
Old 03-25-2010, 20:02   #10
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFshooter View Post
Same for Offutt. If you like it here, you can stay. At least in my career field anyway. We retired one last year who was here for at least 20 years, and we have one in my Sq. right now who's been here his entire career. He's past 20, but I think the PT program is going to get him this year.

I know one guy who was POL at Moody. Cross-trained to Arial Gunner, failed the school, cross-trained to 1A3 and he flies with me now.

Given your AFSC, there's only so many places they can send you.

I was never stationed there myself, but my Dad was twice. In fact, I graduated HS there.
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 14:05   #11
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

I'm a retired KC-135 Crew Chief. Been to 29 countries in 20 years.

I've spent a lot of time hooked up to R-9 and R-11 fuel trucks.
I so hated the daYUmn pendulum set-ups they had in Mildenhall.
Those things liked to drove me nuts!

Anyrate, being a Tanker Guy, we've always had a lot of thanks for you POL guys!

I do appreciate your Service!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 15:05   #12
dereklord

We have some pantographs here but, thankfully, they are still offline. They will probably be put to use here shortly though. We have a few 135's here at Seymour also. Thanks for posting.