Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2010, 15:02   #1
ohiofinance

Converting to a SBR

I am trying to determine if it makes sense to convert an M&P 15T to a SBR. I completely understand the NFA side of the equation and realize I need to file a Form 1. My question is what actually needs to be done to the rifle, new barrel and gas block? I realize that I will need to have the lower marked per BATF regulations as well. I also know I could simply buy a new upper. I am trying to determine if the conversion is less expensive but would still yield good results. Thanks in advance.
ohiofinance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 21:47   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

I recommend buying a complete upper - or at least an upper minus the BCG - from a vendor known for reliable SBRs. SBRs are a little more tricky to make work reliably than 16 or 20".

To answer your question, though, besides the barrel and gas tube, you might need the following depending on what you have now and what you're putting together: new handguards/fore-end, new gas block/FSB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Zak Smith; 03-25-2010 at 21:48..
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11   #3
ohiofinance

Thank you.
ohiofinance is offline   Reply With Quote