Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:42   #1
quake

Quality AR magazines at $7.99

Thirty-round AR-15 magazines for $7.99 each at http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...minum-mag.html

D&H, which imo are some of the best of the GI-style magazines (equal to NHMTG, Colt, & Okay imo), with black teflon finish and they include magpul followers, which makes them a very good bargain. Limit of ten, but it's a limit per-day, not per-person; so you can order ten today, ten tomorrow, etc.

Shipping took my total cost to $86 for ten. Remembering that a single magazine was running that much a year ago if you could even find one, should be a real incentive to stock up at these prices imo.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...

Last edited by quake; 12-06-2013 at 11:43..
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52   #2
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Yeah, good mags, and at that price, no excuse for not having 10-12 mags for your AR15.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32   #3
quake

The 10-12 per gun thing used to be my benchmark as well. I may be turning into a cranky old man, but after going thru the 94-04 ban already and with the ban-happy political climate the way it is nowadays, I want to have my kids' potential supply taken care of, not just my own. Even though they're aluminum they're more durable than a lot of folks realize, but there is still some attrition/loss/shrink to all three categories (damage, wear, and loss), so I'm probably overstocked by some folks' standards (and way understocked by others) at 40 or so per gun at this point.

Old 12-06-2013, 17:56   #4
collim1
Shower Time!

Thanks for the heads up. I have a bucketload of D&H mags I bought used and upgraded with MP followers. All of the ones I have tried functioned 100% so far.

I might just have to pick up 10 of these. Can never have too many mags or too much ammo.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 18:19   #5
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
The 10-12 per gun thing used to be my benchmark as well. I may be turning into a cranky old man, but after going thru the 94-04 ban already and with the ban-happy political climate the way it is nowadays, I want to have my kids' potential supply taken care of, not just my own. Even though they're aluminum they're more durable than a lot of folks realize, but there is still some attrition/loss/shrink to all three categories (damage, wear, and loss), so I'm probably overstocked by some folks' standards (and way understocked by others) at 40 or so per gun at this point.
If you go on a per AR15 basis, I might be at about 15 per gun personally.

There is no such thing as too many mags though.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 19:40   #6
HalfHazzard
Seor Member

Survival/Preparedness Forum
Old 12-06-2013, 20:07   #7
quake

Bummer.

Same ones at DSG for $10.50, and magpul 30's for $12.25: http://dsgarms.com/Category/515_1/30round_.aspx

Brownells has similar (with green follower) for $9.99, or with magpul follower for $10.90 ($109.00 per ten-pack):

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod21225.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod24307.aspx

Old 01-04-2014, 07:10   #8
quake

Fwiw, back in stock & at the same price:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...minum-mag.html

If you prefer the older style dry-film/phosphate to teflon finish, here are NHMTG 30's at $10.99 including shipping:
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto....cfm/ID/122969

Old 01-04-2014, 11:58   #9
20South

Quote:
Agree with you 100%. I have young kids and truly doubt they ever get a chance to buy 30rders for today's prices.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:25   #10
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
........but after going thru the 94-04 ban already and with the ban-happy political climate the way it is nowadays, I want to have my kids' potential supply taken care of, not just my own.
This!

Kids......also children of friends & family!

The amount of money & space invested for items like this is rather trivial....

...especially when compared to going short or without during hard times!

The inexpensive mags in this thread is a good incentive to...

..Buy them cheap & stock em deep!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 01-04-2014 at 12:26..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 14:56   #11
Glock21Owner
NRA Life Member

B*tach tactical has an American made nylon 8 cell mag pouch (black or desert tan) with 8 Magpul mags for $90 shipped. The pouch by itself is $30, so I think this is a pretty good deal.
Glock21Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 15:35   #12
Omaha-BeenGlockin

Added a couple AR mags to my last Midway order---just because
Weve taken care of everything. The words you hear the songs you sing. The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. Its one for all and all for one. We work together common sons. Never need to wonder how or why. Obama/Hillary---originally written by Neil Peart
Omaha-BeenGlockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 21:22   #13
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock21Owner View Post
B*tach tactical has an American made nylon 8 cell mag pouch (black or desert tan) with 8 Magpul mags for $90 shipped. The pouch by itself is $30, so I think this is a pretty good deal.
Got a link to that? I can't find it.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 21:34   #14
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

found
http://www.******.com/products/kley-...kage-deal.html

under package deals
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50   #15
Glock21Owner
NRA Life Member

GlockTalk will not let that through. It's b-o-t-a-c-h.com/products/kley-zion-magpul-package-deal.html
Glock21Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:24   #16
Disintegr8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock21Owner View Post
GlockTalk will not let that through. It's b-o-t-a-c-h.com/products/kley-zion-magpul-package-deal.html
Did you ever think there may be a reason for that? Google B0tach and you will see a mile long list of complaints. Buyer beware.
Disintegr8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 19:45   #17
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Got my pouch/pmag order from ****** today. No issues.

The pouch is cheaply made but fine for lugging mags to the range

Haven't received my mag order from palmetto state armory yet. Placed the same day I think
Old 01-11-2014, 21:31   #18
Brandon G

I just ordered a few from PSA, there back in stock for anyone that cares.
Brandon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 20:52   #19
glockrex

Thanks for the link. Ordered 10 and 10 magpul pmags to get the $50 psa gift card.
glockrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 16:23   #20
JFrame

Placed an order for 4 of the mags...Thanks for the heads up. Survival/Preparedness Forum

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:43   #21
quake

Just in the fwiw category, two of these particularly good deals still going on that I know of, probably many more out there as well. No telling how long, and there's no way I'd wait until this fall's elections to decide whether I had a comfort-level's worth on hand...

D&H aluminum GI-style (one of the best aluminum magazines at any price, imo), including magpul anti-tilt follower still available for $7.99 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...minum-mag.html

Magpul PMAG M3s (the latest version) with dust covers included. Ten-pack for an effective $99.99 its $149.95 but includes a $50 gift card. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ag557-blk.html

The magpuls still end up being a couple dollars higher, but some folks think theyre worth it. To me personally its tomato/tomahto; Im fine with either one, but I know some people have other preferences. Im not normally a fan of gimmicky sales like the gift-card thing, but in this case I went ahead & got on it. Since part of the reason for having any more at this point are for potential future sale, seems like the pmags were the way to go this time. Two ten-packs of the pmags get $100 in store credit, which I figure to use for a dozen of the D&Hs. Basically for the same amount of money, a person can have 20 pmags & 12 D&H, or skip the pmags and have 37 of the D&H. If these were absolutely, positively for personal use, the greater number of D&Hs would win out imo, but the possibility of future sales is to be considered, the greater market recognition of the pmag may make them worth more than the slightly greater number of D&H's.

Either/or; just my rambling musings

Old 01-24-2014, 13:36   #22
Deltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
Yeah, good mags, and at that price, no excuse for not having 10-12 mags for your AR15.
There's nothing wrong with having 10 or 12 mags but when I was in the infantry we were issued 2- 30 round and 5- 20's for 160 rounds total. Later the standard issue was 7-30's. When you carry 7- 30's all day every day for a year you might not want to add 5 more loaded mags to that.
Deltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 15:19   #23
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltic View Post
...When you carry 7- 30's all day every day for a year you might not want to add 5 more loaded mags to that.
Agree - I don't carry that many and don't intend to unless things got silly bad. (And if they got that bad, I'd try real hard to stay indoors if possible.)

Owning isn't the same as EDC-ing though. There are a lot of things (guns, magazines, shoes, fan belts, toilet paper, toothpaste, razor blades...) that I may own a whole bunch of but don't necessarily carry very many of.

Old 01-24-2014, 15:23   #24
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Particularly when we're one treasonous vote away from no longer being able to buy them
Old 01-24-2014, 15:34   #25
MJX

Don't forget to stock up on extra mag springs and followers too!
MJX is offline   Reply With Quote