Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:44   #1
inzone

Homeland security, buying non lethal ammo

Just in from infowars, sorry can't post the link, maybe someone here can, I did verify this with another source, this is far more ominous to me than all the lethal ammo they have already bought....these are only for riots.... I can understand municipal police having some of this on hand, but why homeland security?
inzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:46   #2
janice6

Brown Shirts need it to maintain control.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 19:46   #3
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzone View Post
Just in from infowars, sorry can't post the link, maybe someone here can, I did verify this with another source, this is far more ominous to me than all the lethal ammo they have already bought....these are only for riots.... I can understand municipal police having some of this on hand, but why homeland security?
You'd rather they have to resort to lethal ammo?
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 20:01   #4
inzone

John you,re missing the point, a certain amount of bulk ammo is procured in multi year bulk contraCts for training, but non lethal ammo is used for actual riots, I have never seen regular marksmanship trng with non lethal ammo, perhaps they do, however that is the obvious concern
Old 04-04-2015, 20:12   #5
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Corroborate it from another source, and then I'll read it.

Meanwhile, Infowars =
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 20:13   #6
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
I did verify this with another source
Really?

Who?

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 20:38   #7
mac66
Huge Member

Just about all federal law enforcement works under DHS. Buying non lethal stuff for them doesn't sound unusual or ominous to me. It may also be destined for state and local LE as part of grants. State and local LE have been known to get in on federal purchase orders because of there buying power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 21:05   #8
silentpoet

Infowars is good if you print it out on soft paper. Then you can wipe with it. Not saying they might not accidently get a nugget of truth here or there, but there is so much bull**** it ain't worth filtering it out.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 21:40   #9
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

I don't have the link, so.....

Guess:
1. They are setting up a way for small jurisdictions to get non-lethal ammo. Lets face it, most small county sheriff departments probably don't have any on hand.
2. Although ammo really doesn't go bad unless stored improperly, they are buying the new stuff because technology has changed.
3. I heard through a twisted grape vine that some jurisdictions want officers to carry non-lethal ammo as the first round. Thinking that a rubber bullet will stop a meth addict trying to kill the officer..

Never cruel or cowardly.
Never give up. Never give in.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:50   #10
nmk

nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:43   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Another thread on this.

OK - you can understand "municipal police" having it, but not the biggest law enforcement agency in America? What sense does that even make?

The Mayberry Police Department needs nonlethal law enforcement ammo, but the U.S. Secret Service, the Coast Guard, ICE/Customs and the training center that trains everybody in federal law enforcement, shouldn't have them?

Last edited by Bren; 04-05-2015 at 08:43..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:46   #12
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
John you,re missing the point, a certain amount of bulk ammo is procured in multi year bulk contraCts for training, but non lethal ammo is used for actual riots, I have never seen regular marksmanship trng with non lethal ammo, perhaps they do, however that is the obvious concern
Erm, you don't think they train with the non-lethal stuff before they use it?

Non lethal ammo is used for a myriad of situations well beyond riots. You are aware that DHS is made up of a whole bunch of different law enforcement agencies, right?
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:15   #13
inzone

sorry I bothered anyone....

must not be an issue then....
Old 04-05-2015, 12:46   #14
The Fist Of Goodness

Considering how wrong Infowars got the whole "BILLION ROUNDS OF AMMO!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!" Story (it wasn't a billion, it was bad math on the part of the "journalist"), I wonder what they mean by "non lethal".

Is it rubber bullets, pepper balls, or gas for riot control, or FX and Sims for training? FX and Sims are a far different type of "non lethal" than the riot control ammo.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 04-12-2015, 13:11   #15
ray9898

The problem is most people cannot comprehend what the Department of Homeland Security even is, they portray is as an actual Federal LE agency. Homeland Security is simply a cabinet level department that the various federal LE agencies are structured under. This includes the Coast Guard, Secret Service, ICE, Border Patrol, ect. No different than how the FBI, DEA, Marshals and ATF fall under the Department of Justice. Strangely, you never hear of people claiming mysterious Department of Justice 'Agents' running around. Homeland Security is the structuring organization, the agents belong to the various agencies assigned to it.

Last edited by ray9898; 04-12-2015 at 13:15..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 20:33   #16
bdcochran

ray9898: Don't confuse chicken littles and conspiracy theorists with the facts. (wink wink). It ruins their excitement.

I would guess that the chicken littles did not read the procurement list. Lots of smoke grenades. Lots of flash bangs. No federal policing agency has ever used these items in the past! (oops, I am wrong. It seems that items like that were used years ago against a religious sect on instruction of Janet Reno),

If people want to get hysterical, try this. NATO is trying to put together a fast reaction force of 5000 soldiers who are supposed to be ready to go into action in 2 days. Considering that there are a few hundred million people on the European continent, I would be concerned.

Then again, the West German Army had 3500 tanks in the Cold War. Now down to 225 tanks. Yet, the distance from Russia to Berlin remains the same as during the Cold War.

The US Army is being reduced to its lowest level since the 1930s. Then again, if it were kept the same size, people would be theorizing it was going to be used against the American people.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 20:54   #17
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

There have recently been some fairly significant riots in privately run, federal holding centers. To the point where one was almost burned down. Some of these contracts have been cancelled. I submit that this is at least part of the reason.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:52   #18
phonejack

A long time ago Johnny Carson used a toilet paper shortage as a joke in a monologue. Enough people bought into the joke and created a "run" in the stores.
phonejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 17:40   #19
inzone

not so funny now is it!!!!!!

the non lethal ammo is just the beginning.... Baltimore is not an outlier...it is just the very very beginning.... and the govt knows this....
Old 05-01-2015, 19:41   #20
bdcochran

"the non lethal ammo is just the beginning.... Baltimore is not an outlier...it is just the very very beginning.... and the govt knows this...."

Not my federal government.
1. it cannot seem to be able to find telemarketers who call incessantly;
2. it cannot find communists/communist sources within the FBI;
3. Were the Watts riots of 1965, the Watts riots of 1992, the Boston Marathon the very very beginning?
4. My government cannot find illegal aliens to deport;
5. My government can not find cataloged emails;

I had to look up the definition of 'outlier:

In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations. An outlier may be due to variability in the measurement or it may indicate experimental error; the latter are sometimes excluded from the data set

So, I cannot figure what the posting means.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote