Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2010, 18:44   #1226
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
I really wish more folks would realize that one simple thing: it's not a zero-sum game. Anyone can absolutely increase their assets without decreasing anyone else's assets.
Yet the democraps have made cottage industry out the phrase "making money on the backs of the poor"

A bigger sop there never was.

If someone is "making money on the backs of someone else", one of two things have occurred:

1. Theft. In which case a law was broken, call law enforcement.

2. Voluntary agreement. Which means a mutual agreement was reached. Move along people, nothing to see here. Or complain about.

I f something is unfair, don't agree to it. Its still a free country.

If someone is forcing you, call the law.

Otherwise, STFU.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 18:45   #1227
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Its A L I V E !

Survival/Preparedness Forum

I made 50th Page!
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 21:24   #1228
emt1581
Curious Member

Seems like in PA, "at-risk kids/education" is the first thing to go. In other words, the programs that cater to the ghetto-dwellers are being cut. On the flip side of the coin, I think that welfare will be one of the last things to go.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 23:22   #1229
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Money first,welfare second,riots impending.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:42   #1230
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Money first,welfare second,riots impending.'08.
Yes, after we crash... and we will crash... there will be no money and I too think that we will follow your line of thinking.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54   #1231
bdcochran

Different response

"I do however agree that the "entitlement" folk will run amuck when the "checks" stop."

A reasonable response. However, it depends upon who are the "entitlement" folk.

California. The struggle in the last 5 years has been between the welfare recipients (general relief, indigents, illegal immigrants, disabled people, low income who have medi-care or the dental program or subsidized health insurance, special needs people) and unionists (firemen, policemen, prison guards, state workers, school teachers, SEIU, prevailing wage trade unionists).

The welfare folks don't vote and don't make political contributions. That group of entitlement folk have lost, big time to the unionist entitlement folk.

The next battle is between the retiree entitlement folk and the unionists. I will be joining the retiree entitlement folk this year. For years, I have known the following:

1. the retiree entitlement folk vote;
2. the retiree entitlement folk have the time to work for free on political campaigns;
3. the retiree entitlement folk have no patience for other people feeding at the trough and consistently vote against new taxes, new welfare programs (except directed at them) and bray about how hard they have worked their whole lives.

I knew years ago that this pool of entitlement people would come to rule the US. The downside damage will be a weakened military (more than under the last several presidents), a lack of long term planning in society, and a different group running things that don't want to face realities.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 16:09   #1232
wjv

>>> What happens when the hand-outs stop?

Riot like it's 1968. . . (chicago)

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 21:15   #1233
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcochran View Post
"I do however agree that the "entitlement" folk will run amuck when the "checks" stop."

A reasonable response. However, it depends upon who are the "entitlement" folk.

California. The struggle in the last 5 years has been between the welfare recipients (general relief, indigents, illegal immigrants, disabled people, low income who have medi-care or the dental program or subsidized health insurance, special needs people) and unionists (firemen, policemen, prison guards, state workers, school teachers, SEIU, prevailing wage trade unionists).

The welfare folks don't vote and don't make political contributions. That group of entitlement folk have lost, big time to the unionist entitlement folk.

The next battle is between the retiree entitlement folk and the unionists. I will be joining the retiree entitlement folk this year. For years, I have known the following:

1. the retiree entitlement folk vote;
2. the retiree entitlement folk have the time to work for free on political campaigns;
3. the retiree entitlement folk have no patience for other people feeding at the trough and consistently vote against new taxes, new welfare programs (except directed at them) and bray about how hard they have worked their whole lives.

I knew years ago that this pool of entitlement people would come to rule the US. The downside damage will be a weakened military (more than under the last several presidents), a lack of long term planning in society, and a different group running things that don't want to face realities.
Are you referring to the "Greatest Generation" or their kids?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 21:26   #1234
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

CF,you got mail.'08.

Old 03-19-2011, 21:33   #1235
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
CF,you got mail.'08.
Yup. Thanks. I read it last night whilst I had my eyelids propped open. Reply coming.
Old 03-19-2011, 21:37   #1236
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Old 03-19-2011, 21:43   #1237
bdcochran

Good question

"Are you referring to the "Greatest Generation" or their kids? "

The greatest mistakes that the Greatest Generation made were:

1. allowing social security to be merged with the regular federal budget;
2. allowing companies to offer unfunded retirement programs;
3. allowing the federal government to short change people on VA medical care;
4. extending the equivalent of the GI bill in the form of loans to the general populace so that you have 3000 people a year graduating from UCLA with bachelor degrees in psychology and have student loans owing of $50,000 plus;
5. not establishing sinking funds for public improvements.

Now, for the kids (me). My contemporaries have little understanding of sacrifice or the general welfare of the country. They will vote themselves unfunded benefits to the detriment of the basic functions of government - military protection for example.

I will explain. In my part of the country, the highways, schools, acqueducts, power lines were constructed with nary a thought to saving money to replace them - a sinking fund. With a high level of expectations, those of us who are 60 plus will expect to maintain close to the same standard of living - meaning the roads will continue to decay (no replacements for over 20 years in my town, just slurry put on the roads). My generation will do anything to keep up the "promised" governmental benefits, even to the detriment of funding the military. My generation expects pills and surgeries to replace regular exercise and a sensible diet.

My generation has the wrong priorities.

We have all the bs about putting up freeway signs announcing the latest theft of a child by the noncustodial parent, and having pre-school so no kid is left behind. Yet, Sacramento County has one deputy assigned to over 9000 registered sex offenders.

Where are the $25,000 tsunami warning sirens on the coast that were indicated as being needed? Where is the stockpiling of food and medical supplies for the next major earthquake? Isn't happening.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 22:21   #1238
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcochran View Post
"Are you referring to the "Greatest Generation" or their kids? "

The greatest mistakes that the Greatest Generation made were:

1. allowing social security to be merged with the regular federal budget;
2. allowing companies to offer unfunded retirement programs;
3. allowing the federal government to short change people on VA medical care;
4. extending the equivalent of the GI bill in the form of loans to the general populace so that you have 3000 people a year graduating from UCLA with bachelor degrees in psychology and have student loans owing of $50,000 plus;
5. not establishing sinking funds for public improvements.

Now, for the kids (me). My contemporaries have little understanding of sacrifice or the general welfare of the country. They will vote themselves unfunded benefits to the detriment of the basic functions of government - military protection for example.

I will explain. In my part of the country, the highways, schools, acqueducts, power lines were constructed with nary a thought to saving money to replace them - a sinking fund. With a high level of expectations, those of us who are 60 plus will expect to maintain close to the same standard of living - meaning the roads will continue to decay (no replacements for over 20 years in my town, just slurry put on the roads). My generation will do anything to keep up the "promised" governmental benefits, even to the detriment of funding the military. My generation expects pills and surgeries to replace regular exercise and a sensible diet.

My generation has the wrong priorities.

We have all the bs about putting up freeway signs announcing the latest theft of a child by the noncustodial parent, and having pre-school so no kid is left behind. Yet, Sacramento County has one deputy assigned to over 9000 registered sex offenders.

Where are the $25,000 tsunami warning sirens on the coast that were indicated as being needed? Where is the stockpiling of food and medical supplies for the next major earthquake? Isn't happening.
Not withstanding the sacrifices they made in WWII, the "Greatest Generation" has done more to bring about the ruination of this country than any generation in history, IMO. And that includes the raising of the boomers.

Its not to point fingers at anyone, so don't misunderstand. I don't know what my children and grandchildren will say about my generation.

Government has been made to do so many things that government was never intended to do that it cannot manage to do the things it was intended to do and MUST do.
Old 05-01-2011, 22:09   #1239
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Found it.'08.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:30   #1240
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Question : "What happens when the hand-outs stop?"

Answer: They try to take your stuff...if you let them!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:14   #1241
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Question : "What happens when the hand-outs stop?"

Answer: They try to take your stuff...if you let them!
We've been letting them take our money for generations...why would our stuff be any different?

-Emt1581
Old 05-07-2011, 12:10   #1242
ocjackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
We've been letting them take our money for generations...why would our stuff be any different?

-Emt1581
I think what he means it that they will skip the government middleman and go directly to the source.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:26   #1243
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocjackel View Post
I think what he means it that they will skip the government middleman and go directly to the source.
I know...same reply though. Why is a bank account less valuable than a garage/house??

-Emt1581
Old 05-07-2011, 13:32   #1244
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocjackel View Post
Exactly!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 15:45   #1245
crimsonaudio
15 or 30?

Quote:
I know...same reply though. Why is a bank account less valuable than a garage/house??
Are *you* going to let the freeloaders just walk off with your stuff?

I'm not.
Old 05-07-2011, 15:54   #1246
ocjackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

I'm not.
Indeed. After years of having the government do the stealing for them I am sure that they have developed a certain sense of entitlement.

I have a feeling that this sense entitlement will be the rational for attempting to steal from others. Reality will be a harsh lesson for them when they realize that they don't have their government enforcers to help them with their theft and their intended victims just don't roll over and take it.

Last edited by ocjackel; 05-07-2011 at 15:55..
ocjackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 16:21   #1247
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post

I'm not.
No. But would the majority of people...maybe. I mean when was the last time you saw masses of people protesting or doing anything in opposition to paying for welfare/social security (what welfare is called around here)?

-Emt1581
Old 05-07-2011, 17:36   #1248
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
No. But would the majority of people...maybe. I mean when was the last time you saw masses of people protesting or doing anything in opposition to paying for welfare/social security (what welfare is called around here)?

-Emt1581
Nobody ever wants to be stolen from by anyone. What seperates the men from the boys in this area are weapons, training and the will to use them.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:42   #1249
rj1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Not withstanding the sacrifices they made in WWII, the "Greatest Generation" has done more to bring about the ruination of this country than any generation in history, IMO. And that includes the raising of the boomers.

Its not to point fingers at anyone, so don't misunderstand. I don't know what my children and grandchildren will say about my generation.

Government has been made to do so many things that government was never intended to do that it cannot manage to do the things it was intended to do and MUST do.

WE HAVE A WINNER!
As much as I am amazed at what the "greatest generation" did in WWII, I grew up seeing these people on a daily basis, I also saw what they did in later life. They were very human and had as many flaws as any other generation. I am totally opposed to calling any generation "the greatest generation" there has been good and bad in all.

No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up
rj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 18:55   #1250
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Nobody ever wants to be stolen from by anyone. What seperates the men from the boys in this area are weapons, training and the will to use them.
Having money withheld by Uncle Sam is one thing but when the recipient class come directly to you to take your livelihood, then IT'S ON, CUZ!

We saw this happening in the LA Riots where the Korean grocers fortified their stores and took up arms to protect what is theirs. The recipients took to looting and then burning what was left just because they can. In those times, you take a stand, or you perish.

Your choice.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tc tucked tail and ran, tcguy is a socialist