GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 04:42   #1251
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05
 
TangoFoxtrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nowhereville, USA
Posts: 4,032
Blog Entries: 2
Lawman800, In the LA riots it floored me to see those knuckleheads burning down "their" own neighborhood. What was the point of that?
__________________
G21 Club: 0685 -Tact. SG 7048
S/P Club: 109 - .40 Club: 0255
Black Rifle-SWMP15S1647

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 05-08-2011 at 04:42..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02   #1252
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Having money withheld by Uncle Sam is one thing but when the recipient class come directly to you to take your livelihood, then IT'S ON, CUZ!

We saw this happening in the LA Riots where the Korean grocers fortified their stores and took up arms to protect what is theirs. The recipients took to looting and then burning what was left just because they can. In those times, you take a stand, or you perish.

Your choice.
Agree with taking a stand... especially together.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:58   #1253
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Having money withheld by Uncle Sam is one thing but when the recipient class come directly to you to take your livelihood, then IT'S ON, CUZ!

We saw this happening in the LA Riots where the Korean grocers fortified their stores and took up arms to protect what is theirs. The recipients took to looting and then burning what was left just because they can. In those times, you take a stand, or you perish.

Your choice.
I guess where I'm confused with this new issue raised is why one party should be treated any different than another. Whether it be the gov. or individual thieves...why acceptance vs. fighting?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:40   #1254
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,306
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Lawman800, In the LA riots it floored me to see those knuckleheads burning down "their" own neighborhood. What was the point of that?
At first it was burning down the stores which were not owned by people who lived in the neighborhoods. The idiots thought that was cool because they stole what they wanted and then they can burn out those they saw as greedy capitalists, at least that was the official reason spun by the race pimps. The real reason? I'd venture just because it felt good and they wanted to burn **** up for no reason.

They forgot the fact that after they kicked out those store owners, none of the natives had enough to start another business so after the riots, those areas went a long time without businesses rebuilding so the natives suffered from their own stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Agree with taking a stand... especially together.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I guess where I'm confused with this new issue raised is why one party should be treated any different than another. Whether it be the gov. or individual thieves...why acceptance vs. fighting?

-Emt1581
Not everyone is ready to fight Uncle Sam with firearms over taxes. This ain't the Whiskey Tax Rebellion or nothing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:50   #1255
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post

Not everyone is ready to fight Uncle Sam with firearms over taxes. This ain't the Whiskey Tax Rebellion or nothing.
Ok, so let's put it in another perspective...

Instead of a local crackhead, you have ex-special forces rooting through your garage and there are 4 or 5 of them. Would they really be any different than 4-5 soldiers, gov. agents, etc.?

I'm still not understanding why the identity of the "taking force" matters so much. Seems like people's rationale is "Well, I already pay taxes so what is a little more going to matter? Plus you can't fight city hall"...so taking from my bank account is fine vs. "No way I'd let a freeloading thief take things out of my home!"...taking from my home is a no no.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 18:07   #1256
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Ok, so let's put it in another perspective...

Instead of a local crackhead, you have ex-special forces rooting through your garage and there are 4 or 5 of them. Would they really be any different than 4-5 soldiers, gov. agents, etc.?

I'm still not understanding why the identity of the "taking force" matters so much. Seems like people's rationale is "Well, I already pay taxes so what is a little more going to matter? Plus you can't fight city hall"...so taking from my bank account is fine vs. "No way I'd let a freeloading thief take things out of my home!"...taking from my home is a no no.

-Emt1581
In the former scenario you have a situation where you become the law. In the latter you would be fighting against the law. People often don't fight against either but seldom do they fight against the existing government, police, military etc., wisely too if you ask me.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 18:18   #1257
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
In the former scenario you have a situation where you become the law. In the latter you would be fighting against the law. People often don't fight against either but seldom do they fight against the existing government, police, military etc., wisely too if you ask me.
I'm not sure if we're on the same page. The two situations I'm talking about are bank account (welfare) vs. home (looting).

With the bank account you'd be fighting the government to resist whereas the home would be resisting against crackheads and possibly highly trained "gangs".

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 20:10   #1258
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I guess where I'm confused with this new issue raised is why one party should be treated any different than another. Whether it be the gov. or individual thieves...why acceptance vs. fighting?

-Emt1581
Your right EMT. I was still on the government vs individuals post and got them confused.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 20:26   #1259
LongGun1
StraightShooter
 
LongGun1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: N E Louisiana & N Arkansas
Posts: 12,297
If you want to get the chilling & sobering reality what can happen when a formerly productive society falls apart as "entitlement" is taken to the extreme....

..consider watching "Mugabe and the White African"!

http://www.mugabeandthewhiteafrican.com/


The video is available from the above website & Amazon...

..also available via 'on-demand' streaming from Netflix!





"If good men do nothing, evil will prevail"
__________________
"Got Preps"??

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 05-10-2011 at 20:35..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:28   #1260
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGun1 View Post
If you want to get the chilling & sobering reality what can happen when a formerly productive society falls apart as "entitlement" is taken to the extreme....

..consider watching "Mugabe and the White African"!

http://www.mugabeandthewhiteafrican.com/


The video is available from the above website & Amazon...

..also available via 'on-demand' streaming from Netflix!

Added to the queue. Thanks.

Edit: I'm about 15 minutes into this movie.

Someone needs to start a thread about watching this movie. It should be mandatory viewing for everyone here.
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by DoctaGlockta; 05-12-2011 at 07:04..
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:23   #1261
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
So the country is in debt up to it's eyeballs and with this decision about the debt ceiling I'm just curious if any handouts have been stopped yet?...in any state?

Thanks

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 20:57   #1262
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
So the country is in debt up to it's eyeballs and with this decision about the debt ceiling I'm just curious if any handouts have been stopped yet?...in any state?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Congratulations on finding and ressurecting this thread, Kirgi will be happy.

They will never stop.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:01   #1263
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Congratulations on finding and ressurecting this thread, Kirgi will be happy.

They will never stop.
Thank you thank you!!

I haven't seen that guy in a while!

What I'm thinking, now that I see (or at least I think I see) that no handouts have been stopped, is that they will give handouts until the ship totally sinks because it keeps SOME degree of calm from those that have nothing to lose and can't really fend for themselves. Yet another problematic way of thinking when it comes to politics.

I'd much rather deal with the have-nots trying to loot, riot, etc...while I can still have electricity, running water, etc. After that it'll only make things that much harder on my family and I which is to say we'll have to devote more energy to surviving.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 21:31   #1264
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,306
Blog Entries: 1
Never going to happen in my state. They would rather cut all services to us taxpayers before they would dare take one dime from the entitlement class.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 22:15   #1265
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Never going to happen in my state. They would rather cut all services to us taxpayers before they would dare take one dime from the entitlement class.
You are in CA right?

I'm wondering what the % is of those on the public teet there? In fact, is there any gov. or other sites that break it down for us?

Thanks

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 23:13   #1266
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


Be sitting down when you see the #s.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 23:16   #1267
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Be sitting down when you see the #s.'08.
I dunno...I mean I know our gov. has been drowning in it's own sea of BS for a while now...but are we really so big and powerful that the majority of some states can simply contribute NOTHING to society and those we owe money to will just accept it?? It's not like we're telling them..."keep giving us money or letting out debts go unpaid or we'll nuke you!"... right?

BTW, good seeing you!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 23:27   #1268
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


Your missing the runway,LM800,correct me if needed.Cal is[in my understanding],borrowing 40mil a day just ta stay ahead of the demand.When that well dries up you'll see armagedon out there.The previous riots will look like a picnic.I can draw disability,yet I refuse too.I saw a segment on fox tonite about the "addiction" .gov money can cause.When those checks stop,your gonna see millions of addicts take ta the streets.

BTW,I'm here everyday,whether I post or not depends on the subject at hand.You may have noticed that S/P cycles thru nearly as fast as GTPI does,folks leave and new ones start ta post.Thanks for finding this thread.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 23:28   #1269
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
So the country is in debt up to it's eyeballs and with this decision about the debt ceiling I'm just curious if any handouts have been stopped yet?...in any state?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Greece. riots in the street daily.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 00:01   #1270
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,306
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Your missing the runway,LM800,correct me if needed.Cal is[in my understanding],borrowing 40mil a day just ta stay ahead of the demand.When that well dries up you'll see armagedon out there.The previous riots will look like a picnic.I can draw disability,yet I refuse too.I saw a segment on fox tonite about the "addiction" .gov money can cause.When those checks stop,your gonna see millions of addicts take ta the streets.

BTW,I'm here everyday,whether I post or not depends on the subject at hand.You may have noticed that S/P cycles thru nearly as fast as GTPI does,folks leave and new ones start ta post.Thanks for finding this thread.'08.
Nope, you would be correct in how bad this state is. We are just pretending to stay afloat with our fake budgets which are just legislative games to keep us ignorant of the true pathetic state of our fiscal insolvency.

As soon as anyone even dare mention cutting out the government dole, charges of racism start flying even if the truth shows that whites are still one of the biggest groups of recipients, if not the biggest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 00:17   #1271
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,647
Blog Entries: 1


You got an egress plan LM?.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06   #1272
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,306
Blog Entries: 1
Unfortunately, I do not. All my licenses are state specific so I would have to take new tests to get any work out of state. Maybe I can just move to some idyllic small town in central ca away from southern california so at least I can have a sheriff that is sympathetic to ccw rights and sign off on my form 4 applications.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57   #1273
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Your missing the runway,LM800,correct me if needed.Cal is[in my understanding],borrowing 40mil a day just ta stay ahead of the demand.When that well dries up you'll see armagedon out there.The previous riots will look like a picnic.I can draw disability,yet I refuse too.I saw a segment on fox tonite about the "addiction" .gov money can cause.When those checks stop,your gonna see millions of addicts take ta the streets.

BTW,I'm here everyday,whether I post or not depends on the subject at hand.You may have noticed that S/P cycles thru nearly as fast as GTPI does,folks leave and new ones start ta post.Thanks for finding this thread.'08.
I think this is the politicians/govt's understanding of the situation as well which is why those checks won't stop until they all do.

Not sure what GTPI is but it's good to see you!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31   #1274
BR549
Thread Killer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 540
GTPI ?

Ask yourself, "What is GTSP?" Then search for the answer in the GT forums index.

When you obtain the answer, you will see that it will be a great place for you to learn new things about which to post and ask questions - both here and there and GTCI. I know that you know about GTCI because you've posted there about your weight problem.
BR549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 19:52   #1275
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,702


certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
tc tucked tail and ran, tcguy is a socialist
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:12.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 866
216 Members
650 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42