Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:34   #1021
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,643
Blog Entries: 1
Dude, the preban toilets are awesome... my mom's place was built in 1991 which was the last year of the preban toilets. She still has them. When you flush that thing, you know it went flying down the sewer at a high speed of rate and flew out the other end.

My new toilet in my house... it's like a slow dribble when you flush. Sometimes you have to do it twice... end up wasting more water. Stupid government.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 14:10   #1022
just a shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Dude, the preban toilets are awesome... my mom's place was built in 1991 which was the last year of the preban toilets. She still has them. When you flush that thing, you know it went flying down the sewer at a high speed of rate and flew out the other end.

My new toilet in my house... it's like a slow dribble when you flush. Sometimes you have to do it twice... end up wasting more water. Stupid government.
I hear you can still get the prebans from Canada, you just have to smuggle them in like drugs or illegals.
just a shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 14:24   #1023
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a shooter View Post
I hear you can still get the prebans from Canada, you just have to smuggle them in like drugs or illegals.
THAT'S the bust I wanna hear the dialogue to!!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 15:58   #1024
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,643
Blog Entries: 1
No joke. In 92 and 93... I recall people talking about driving to Canada to buy high volume flush toilets and bringing them back across the border.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 20:41   #1025
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,650


Federal water rationing is stupidity at its finest. And it is my ultimate governmental pet peeve.

I am surrounded by fresh water. It is plentiful and cheap. But I must have fixtures that treat me as though I live in the desert.

The last time I bought showerheads I spent 2 hours in Lowes with a pair of needlenose pliers seeing which units I could pull the restrictor out of.
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 23:57   #1026
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,399
Blog Entries: 1


Gotta love Colorado and it's ban on rain water harvesting.'08.

CF,did you get your mail?
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:43   #1027
Huntinfool
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Huntinfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Gotta love Colorado and it's ban on rain water harvesting.'08.
Say Whut!?!

~HF~
__________________
~MOLON LABE~
Yesterday is Wood, Tomorrow is Ashes,
Only Today Does the Fire Burn Brightly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Huntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:50   #1028
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,399
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntinfool View Post
Say Whut!?!

~HF~
If'n youse lives in Colorado youse might be able ta specify the accuracy of my post.

I don't believe it's statewide.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:58   #1029
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Yeah, I don't understand the "water harvesting" comment...I mean if you live near a creek and have a bucket...you can harvest all the water you want...no?

Or do they frown upon wells and general water consumption for some (green) reason?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 13:50   #1030
Huntinfool
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Huntinfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,047
Yeah I don't doubt you 08 I just have a hard time thinkin' how a gov can tell you not to save rain water.

~HF~
__________________
~MOLON LABE~
Yesterday is Wood, Tomorrow is Ashes,
Only Today Does the Fire Burn Brightly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Huntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 14:06   #1031
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,399
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the "water harvesting" comment...I mean if you live near a creek and have a bucket...you can harvest all the water you want...no?

Or do they frown upon wells and general water consumption for some (green) reason?

-Emt1581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntinfool View Post
Yeah I don't doubt you 08 I just have a hard time thinkin' how a gov can tell you not to save rain water.

~HF~
I think that some parts of Colorado have water table issues,and the fact that some folk are proactive enough ta collect what mother nature gives them upsets those that ain't.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 14:31   #1032
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
I think that some parts of Colorado have water table issues,and the fact that some folk are proactive enough ta collect what mother nature gives them upsets those that ain't.'08.
So why doesn't those that have throw a TFB at those that don't??

Or is that state run by liberals/morons?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 14:50   #1033
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,399
Blog Entries: 1


__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 16:26   #1034
just a shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
So why doesn't those that have throw a TFB at those that don't??

Or is that state run by liberals/morons?

-Emt1581
nail, meet hammer.
just a shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:39   #1035
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a shooter View Post
nail, meet hammer.
See there's the difficulty. On one side of the coin an individual in this country is free to do what they want, or should be. On the other side there's those that are bitter because they don't have certain things and want to make lie difficult for those that do...and sometimes the have nots are a majority over the haves minority.

But in the end it has to resort back to the free market and freedom in general. Otherwise if enough people get a horrible/horrific idea...all you have is another Nazi Germany.

Seriously, what happens when the vast majority of Americans are on some sort of hand-out and then that majority decides it's time to kill all the upper class and reap their fortunes as spoils of war??

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11   #1036
why
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
See there's the difficulty. On one side of the coin an individual in this country is free to do what they want, or should be. On the other side there's those that are bitter because they don't have certain things and want to make lie difficult for those that do...and sometimes the have nots are a majority over the haves minority.

But in the end it has to resort back to the free market and freedom in general. Otherwise if enough people get a horrible/horrific idea...all you have is another Nazi Germany.

Seriously, what happens when the vast majority of Americans are on some sort of hand-out and then that majority decides it's time to kill all the upper class and reap their fortunes as spoils of war??

-Emt1581
Ahhh, you've discovered Demographics. Look up "Lebanon" or "Yugoslavia".

Last edited by why; 09-22-2010 at 12:12..
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 18:14   #1037
just a shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
See there's the difficulty. On one side of the coin an individual in this country is free to do what they want, or should be. On the other side there's those that are bitter because they don't have certain things and want to make lie difficult for those that do...and sometimes the have nots are a majority over the haves minority.

But in the end it has to resort back to the free market and freedom in general. Otherwise if enough people get a horrible/horrific idea...all you have is another Nazi Germany.

Seriously, what happens when the vast majority of Americans are on some sort of hand-out and then that majority decides it's time to kill all the upper class and reap their fortunes as spoils of war??

-Emt1581
such is the history of mankind, freedom is an anomaly, and America is merely an experiment in freedom.

we have been around for ~300 years as a settled Anglo continent.

I could be wrong but i think in all of human history only the Romans came close to a free democratic republic. and we all see how that turned out.
just a shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 20:00   #1038
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Ahhh, you've discovered Demographics. Look up "Lebanon" or "Yugoslavia".
I'm wondering where we are by comparison on the timeline?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 20:01   #1039
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a shooter View Post
such is the history of mankind, freedom is an anomaly, and America is merely an experiment in freedom.

we have been around for ~300 years as a settled Anglo continent.

I could be wrong but i think in all of human history only the Romans came close to a free democratic republic. and we all see how that turned out.
But what are the differences between us and Rome? And did the founding fathers leave us a way out, thanks to a constitution/etc., that Rome didn't have?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:35   #1040
just a shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
But what are the differences between us and Rome? And did the founding fathers leave us a way out, thanks to a constitution/etc., that Rome didn't have?

-Emt1581
and how many of our voting citizens even know what's in the constitution beyond "We the people" ?

even the most perfect plan, if ignored, is worthless.

granted, some folks are waking up and understanding what's happening, but is it enough, are they in time?
just a shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
tc tucked tail and ran, tcguy is a socialist
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 662
109 Members
553 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31