Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-27-2010, 15:05   #1
Maine1

Sig 229 complete disasembly

ok, I know what many of you are thinking already..and i understand it will void the warranty and all...

On youtube, there are tons of vids on complete disasembly of a glock...few on the Sig,and only on feild stripping.

I KNOW some people have done it...so where are all the tutorials people love to post?

I had a 229 for years, sold it and now a freind has one. He wants to put a short trigger kit in it, but is not confident enough to do it himself. I have completley dissasembled many firearms, built Fals, ect, but i'd like some specific instructions to avoid problems with someone elses gun. I come up dry on serches, so i am begining to think that this is one peopel are scared of. Can't be worse than my fathers BLR, or my NAA.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction without the stardard "sig Armorer" reply?
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 16:36   #2
preasoner

Send a message via Yahoo to preasoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post
ok, I know what many of you are thinking already..and i understand it will void the warranty and all...

On youtube, there are tons of vids on complete disasembly of a glock...few on the Sig,and only on feild stripping.

I KNOW some people have done it...so where are all the tutorials people love to post?

I had a 229 for years, sold it and now a freind has one. He wants to put a short trigger kit in it, but is not confident enough to do it himself. I have completley dissasembled many firearms, built Fals, ect, but i'd like some specific instructions to avoid problems with someone elses gun. I come up dry on serches, so i am begining to think that this is one peopel are scared of. Can't be worse than my fathers BLR, or my NAA.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction without the stardard "sig Armorer" reply?
I bought the Sig Armorers DVD from Brownells. Nothing like getting it from the horses mouth. But I have more than one Sig so it was worth it for me

Last edited by preasoner; 03-27-2010 at 16:36..
preasoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 21:33   #3
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by preasoner View Post

I bought the Sig Armorers DVD from Brownells. Nothing like getting it from the horses mouth. But I have more than one Sig so it was worth it for me
Most Sigsters shop at Top Gun Supply for Sig parts, accessories, and this video.

I detail stripped my 229ST, 226ST and 220ST by removing the grips, popping the decocking lever spring, trigger bar spring, removing the slide, turning the take-down lever counter-clockwise while pressing it through from the right.

Everything else drops just out to replace the trigger.

The only tricky part is re-assembling with the locking block pin in the right position along with the decocking spring and trigger bar.

It's all pretty easy after you've done it a few times.

This looks easy until you're trying to get the locking block in the frame with the pin and spring.

The Sig Sauer Club

The Sig Sauer Club

That's not a screw. It's the pin in the above photo.

The Sig Sauer Club

Trigger bar... No, you don't have to bend it to get it back into the frame with the trigger hanging off the other end.

The Sig Sauer Club

Last edited by Cobra64; 03-29-2010 at 00:09..
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:28   #4
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post

My advice, take it for what it's worth…

If you aren't a certified armorer, I would not (WOULD NOT) work on anyone else's gun under no circumstances!

Not saying you're incompetent, but, if something happens to your friends gun while he's shooting…All he has to do is say "I don't know what happened, Maine1 worked on my trigger, he got his info from youtube".

When my friends come to me and ask me to help them with their stuff, I refer them to a local gunsmith. I won't touch their firearms.
SIGShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05   #5
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGShooter View Post
My advice, take it for what it's worth…

If you aren't a certified armorer, I would not (WOULD NOT) work on anyone else's gun under no circumstances!

Not saying you're incompetent, but, if something happens to your friends gun while he's shooting…All he has to do is say "I don't know what happened, Maine1 worked on my trigger, he got his info from youtube".

When my friends come to me and ask me to help them with their stuff, I refer them to a local gunsmith. I won't touch their firearms.
I agree. A friend asked me to help him field strip his new Browning Buckmark for cleaning. I suggested he find a gunsmith in Charlotte (1 hour drive).
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote