Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2010, 16:35   #1
Crazy KD

Henry Lever Action New - $180

So I went to Sports Authority today as they have the Henry listed for $280 in this weeks Sunday ad. I was talking with the guy behind the counter and he mentions if you spend over $300 they will give you a $100 gift certificate. So I bought the Henry and a decent little 22 scope that was also on sale and got a $100 gift certificate.

Score!
Crazy KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 17:32   #2
Berto
woo woo

Congrats!!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my Henry OO1
Old 08-11-2010, 20:49   #3
JFrame

!@$%^&*%+&!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Authority in my area went firearms-free over a decade ago!!! Rimfire Forum

Some nice additions to my inventory came via S.A. at one time -- S&W 640, Glock 27, Beretta 950BS, etc. It really chapped my *** when they folded up the gun tent here...

Anyway -- congrats on your Henry!

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 19:00   #4
Crazy KD

Our Sports Authority has no handguns and I'd say specialize in 22 and shotguns. They have a few other rifles. They do sell all types of ammo though. The gun toy store is Sportsman's Warehouse in Columbia, SC about 2 hours from here. A couple of my handguns came from there.
Old 08-12-2010, 19:20   #5
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdw View Post
Our Sports Authority has no handguns and I'd say specialize in 22 and shotguns. They have a few other rifles. They do sell all types of ammo though. The gun toy store is Sportsman's Warehouse in Columbia, SC about 2 hours from here. A couple of my handguns came from there.

I wish it was the same here -- S.A. cleared out their entire guns & ammo line (as a business move, in the interests of PC-ness, or what, I have no idea...).

Anyway, again, I'm glad you were able to glom onto such a nice deal for your Henry...

Let us know how it works out for you!

--
Old 08-17-2010, 07:55   #6
pmwglock19

Enjoy your Henry, Mine shoots like a dream and I enjoy taking it to the range to shoot. Very accurate with the iron sights.
pmwglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28   #7
Mercedesrover

I'm picking up a H001Y tomorrow night. Wanted something I could keep in my truck and not worry too much about it getting beat up. I've got a 4x Leupold scope ready to go on it.

I'm going to order a Golden Boy in another month when my son is born.

Short story: I contacted Henry Repeating Arms a few days ago about getting a catalog and in the comments section of the catalog request I sent them a little note saying that I was looking for a rifle for my unborn son to give him as a birthday present in the future. The next morning I got a note from Anthony Imperato, the president of Henry Arms....He told me to contact him after my son was born and he will build me a rifle and use his initials and date of birth for the rifle's serial number. He's also going to pick out special wood for it! This is customer service and attention that you won't see anywhere else. I'm very impressed.
Mercedesrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 14:11   #8
Broncbuster
Dying Breed

I have 2 Henry Lever Guns. One a 22lr and the other a 22mag Frontier model with the octagon barrel. I carry my 22mag on the ranch, Great gun and both are accurate.
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59   #9
M2 Carbine

Quote:
Score!
You certainly did.

I recently got rid of my Henry Pump. I liked the gun but due to a old left shoulder injury the pump action hurt my shoulder.
I should have got a lever action but I already have a nice Winchester.

One thing I liked about the Henry Company, when I E-mailed them, the President of the company answered my E-mail. I thought now that's good customer service.

Quote:
The next morning I got a note from Anthony Imperato, the president of Henry Arms....He told me to contact him after my son was born and he will build me a rifle and use his initials and date of birth for the rifle's serial number. He's also going to pick out special wood for it! This is customer service and attention that you won't see anywhere else. I'm very impressed.
WOW, that makes me want to buy another Henry. Great story.

Last edited by M2 Carbine; 08-19-2010 at 09:04..
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:14   #10
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
I just picked up a Henry 22/S/LR yesterday for $225 new and took it to the range. Is good as I was wanting a plinker, and I honestly am very pleased! It's a lot of fun to shoot, accurate, and for what 50 rds of .40SW would cost me I can shoot 500 rds! LOL
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:19   #11
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I just picked up a Henry 22/S/LR yesterday for $225 new and took it to the range. Is good as I was wanting a plinker, and I honestly am very pleased! It's a lot of fun to shoot, accurate, and for what 50 rds of .40SW would cost me I can shoot 500 rds! LOL
You guys are really getting me tempted about the Henry...

Aside from the inherent appeal of the .22LR itself, what you said is one of the big reasons I have an ample collection of rimfire rifles and handguns.

When I shoot any of my centerfires, I hear a "cha-ching" with every shot.

With the .22LR, I can literally shoot myself to exhaustion...

--

Last edited by JFrame; 08-21-2010 at 09:19..
Old 08-21-2010, 18:31   #12
Hackett

I took it out again today and the Henry .22 Lever Action Rifle (H001) is a great price, easy to care for, cheap to shoot, and reliable. The Federal .22LR HP's are 18.97 for 550 at walmart and do as much damage to a gallon of water at 100 yds as my 9mm does at 50 yds with round nose.

Also, the 15rdLR/22rdShort Magazine Tube is nice too. No reloading every 1,5,10 rds like most other .22's and did I mention it is fun as all get out to plink with!

Felt like a kid knocking over cans and soda bottles from 100 yards today.
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Old 08-21-2010, 19:46   #13
GlockPride
Glock 23

H001 is the best. I got mine last summer and have a couple hundred rounds down range. That will change here is 60'days when I have my very own range.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 21:31   #14
Crazy KD

Well I had a chance to take her to the range today to sight in her in. Definitely a fun and accurate gun. It's been a while since I've shot a 22 and I forgot how much fun you can have. Loved the smooth action. I'd say the gun is as accurate as me which means I'm the weak link. At 50 yards I hit a 1/2" target.

After shooting my larger caliber handguns today I'm thinking I need a 22 pistol.....Lots of fun practice for very very little money.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40   #15
Hackett

kdw,

Are you using a scope?

I am sticking with the iron sights and have no problem hitting a soda can at 100 yds, and being ballistically that a 22LR round is unstable after 150 yrds I'm quite content with that.

I ask as you said you went to sight it in.
Old 08-23-2010, 16:32   #16
Crazy KD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
kdw,

Are you using a scope?

I am sticking with the iron sights and have no problem hitting a soda can at 100 yds, and being ballistically that a 22LR round is unstable after 150 yrds I'm quite content with that.

I ask as you said you went to sight it in.
Yes I had to spend over $300 to get a $100 gift certificate so I bought a Simmons 4x 22 scope at the same time. I'll have to look at the balistics of a 22 round to see the drop at 100 yards. I bought the gun for my kids so I wanted to sight it in at a closer range for them to start with.