GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:11   #21
Clem Eastwood

do yourself a favor and zero it at a similar angle and yardage as you are going to shoot. the angle reduces the amount of time gravity has to effect the bullet and causes them to shoot high. the greater the angle, they higher they shoot off a given zero.

Where men are men, women are men, and teenagers and children are FBI agents.
Clem Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 22:16   #22
SKYWLKR

You absolutely don't want a High velocity round for 85-100 yards, wont make it that far and still be super.

Get a good match bullet like Wolf I pick off squirrel size steel targets at 100 yards off hand with it.
Old 04-03-2010, 23:04   #23
blackbmw

u want fun at a 100yds with flying rats? use a 30-06 with 150gr softpoints. As far as a .22, At a hundred i can keep all rounds within a 5 inch area with a 4x40 bushnell, remmy 597, and golden bullets with no bi-pod or bench, just what i have lying around for a rest. As far as the supermax agulia, winchester xpediters, all the fast moving stuff, your better off just unloading and praying for a hit or giving the squirrel a stroke from fright, cause your not gonna hit him! Goldens jam alot in my gun, but are the most accurate i have run across so far, 1 ragged hole at 50yds.
blackbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 23:57   #24
table

alot of people recommended the MiniMags when i was searching for recommendations but the Winchester Power Points in 40 gr actually grouped slightly better than the MiniMags in my semi. i did my testing with Federal bulk 550, Remington 525 Golden Bullets, CCI MiniMags, Winchester Power Points and a couple others. the Remingtons did quite well for bulk but have always been told they shoot pretty dirty. what i did was take the top recommendations from others then added some. shot all to figure what my rifle liked then stocked up. heres the list best to worst.

Winchester
CCI
Remington
Federal
table is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 20:36   #25
mboylan

SK Standard Plus or Wolf Match Target will do it without breaking the bank. $415/5000 all day long at Champion Shooters. You need something that will group about an inch at 100 yards. That means subsonic match ammo.

High velocity goes transonic and buffets at longer distances. Accuracy falls apart.
mboylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 22:37   #26
COLDSTEEL165

I own a rem Nylon 66 rifle since the early 70's & I have shot a lot of woodchuck's with it using nothing but either CCI stingers or Rem Yellow Jacket's, one shot kills are not uncommon with these round's out to 100 yds.
COLDSTEEL165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 23:54   #27
ctfireman

I'm a fan of cci stinger. Louder than your average .22, more fun!

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:05   #28
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboylan View Post
SK Standard Plus or Wolf Match Target will do it without breaking the bank. $415/5000 all day long at Champion Shooters. You need something that will group about an inch at 100 yards. That means subsonic match ammo.

High velocity goes transonic and buffets at longer distances. Accuracy falls apart.

+1

But for best accuracy you will need the more expensive match ammo like Ely or RWS.

And by the time you start spending $15 a box for that stuff you might as well get a .17 HMR and shoot it. At 100 yards the .17 HMR is much better then the .22 LR.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote