GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:42   #1
YamaLink

Option to CR Speed Hi Torque...REI/LL Bean nylon?

Newbie IDPA and IPSC shooter. About to get the CR Hi Torque Speed belt from Chris Patti (believe that's the name of the company). $61 delivered. Everyone tells me the inner belt is idpa legal, the combo for ipsc.

Is a stiff "regular" 1.5" belt from any company, even the likes of a "lifestyle" brand from a farm supply store okay? I read even a Eddie Bauer or American Eagle 1.5" belt would work, or a stiff nylon web belt from a hiking store. The nylon belts look like instructor-style belts and cost about $20 locally.

Anyone gone this route with regret or satisfaction?
YamaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:15   #2
dsmw5142
NRA Member

I don't have the new Hi-Torque belt, but my old CR Speed belt is top notch. I hear the new outer belts are a bit thicker which is a good thing. The inner belt would work ok for IDPA. It is a bit thin (the one I have) and there are more stable options though.

I bought a leather/kydex belt from Comp-Tac for IDPA and wear it pretty much daily as an excellent, sturdy IWB holster belt and OWB gun belt for matches.

Bullman, wilderness and others make good options for a pants belt for IDPA. Use the search function and look for 'gun belt', 'sturdy belt' or 'competition belt'. This is brought up quite a bit in many different sub-forums, to include carry issues, general competition and other places.

Either way, Chris at CPWSA is a great guy to deal with and supports our sport. Make sure you order your CR Speed a bit big. If your BELT length is 38" (36" waist pants) I would order at least a 38-40" CR Speed belt. Some overlap is fine, but you definitely don't want it too short where it pops open when you squat down or something.

Rudy Project USA IDPA squad

Last edited by dsmw5142; 04-04-2010 at 09:17..
dsmw5142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47   #3
bisdak

"I don't have the new Hi-Torque belt, but my old CR Speed belt is top notch. I hear the new outer belts are a bit thicker which is a good thing. The inner belt would work ok for IDPA. It is a bit thin (the one I have) and there are more stable options though"

I use wilderness for IDPA. I just started IPSC and planning to buy CR Speed belt. You say the inner belt is a bit thin, is it thinner than the regular belts out there such as the wilderness that I use for IDPA. Thanks.

Last edited by bisdak; 04-04-2010 at 11:48..
bisdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 16:18   #4
Hoser
Mall Ninja

You can use just the inner belt. Just run it through your belt loops.
Hoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 22:07   #5
ecmills
I shoot guns.

The CRSpeed inner belt is awesome for IDPA use. Your wilderness or other web belt will not leave the closet once you try the CR inner belt. It's twice as thick as the Wilderness belt, and twice as stiff. Makes it super comfortable to wear a holster and 31 rounds all day.

(I have the older design, not the new $$$ CRSpeed)

It's not impossible to reach the slide stop

Last edited by ecmills; 04-04-2010 at 22:08..
ecmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 22:32   #6
bisdak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmills View Post
The CRSpeed inner belt is awesome for IDPA use. Your wilderness or other web belt will not leave the closet once you try the CR inner belt. It's twice as thick as the Wilderness belt, and twice as stiff. Makes it super comfortable to wear a holster and 31 rounds all day.

(I have the older design, not the new $$$ CRSpeed)
Now that's the answer I'm looking for. Thanks. Now looking for the best place to buy one